There are 220 users in the forums

2010 49er Draft Class - DON'T CROWN THEM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers Webzone...

I come to you today, asking for patience.

This is former Fresno State tight end Bear Pascoe. Pascoe was a 6th round pick for the San Francisco 49ers in 2009. He was drafted to be a blocking tight end for the 49ers, replacing Billy Bajema, who was cut from the team during the 2009 offseason.

Now, as some of you may recall, some Niner fans on this board quickly bought into the notion that Bear Pascoe could potentially surpass Vernon Davis on the depth chart by the end of the 2009 season. This was mostly based on training camp reports where Matt Maiocco reported Pascoe catching passes in drills and in 11-on-11 walkthroughs. Why this led to some believing that a 6th-round blocking tight end from Fresno State could surpass the 6th overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft is unknown.

My Webzone brethren, all I am asking of you these next few months is patience. Don't crown the members of our 2010 draft class before we know what we have. Otherwise you could look silly, like those who crowned Pascoe before he was cut from the team last August... before he could even suit up for the regular season (or even make the practice squad).

You know who you are. Please be patient.

Go Niners.

(This post also goes for those Webzone members who predicted 4th-round center Cody Wallace would surpass incumbent Eric Heitmen during Wallace's rookie year in 2008)

** UPDATE ** - Thread has been bumped because Zoners are already crowning 6th-round running back Anthony Dixon... and to no surprise, some want to turn him into a full back. It never ends.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM ]
i can swear someone said they got a Bear Pascoe jersey last year.
Who is crowning them? I will LMAO if we don't pick an OL in the first round. Everyone will have a stroke.
I thought Bear Pascoe was gonna be a very good blocking TE.

I couldn't believe it when he was cut.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Every player the niners pick this year will be in the pro bowl in two years.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Valrod did

2 of them

Originally posted by susweel:
Every player the niners pick this year will be in the pro bowl in two years.

Either that or they will be a complete bust.
I'm a Fresno State fan and was pulling for this guys, no way did i think he would take over the position, but was surprised that he didn't make the team.
Just goes to show how risky the draft is... we'll see.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I thought Bear Pascoe was gonna be a very good blocking TE.

I couldn't believe it when he was cut.

Well does that speak more to who was "pulling the trigger"? Outside of Crabtree, last years draft has been a little depressing.

love mckillop!! lol i went to pitt so have been a big fan for a while...great work ethic

Valrod did

I think it was Ellen.
I was in school with bear....whose real name is McKenna pascoe, and I was excited when we picked him and dissappointed when we let him go. He's on the giants right now.
Nice!

Are we allowed to be moderately excited? How about cautiously optimistic? Can we express glee over a draftee's unrealized potential?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nice!

Are we allowed to be moderately excited? How about cautiously optimistic? Can we express glee over a draftee's unrealized potential?

Yes. Just don't crown them!

Valrod did

I think it was Ellen.

she wanted one, I did also if he made it (not an authentic...lol)

fresno state fan, fan of him coming out of college
Share 49ersWebzone