LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 149 users in the forums

Steelers contacted 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
to the best of my knowledge none of you play for or have any ownership interest in the 49ers. you mean to tell me that your "need" for the team to win goes so far that now you want to sign rapists?

You've obviously overlooked Winners' posts

Dude go read the friggin police reports in the big ben thread in NFL talk. Go read how the DA refers to the girl as the VICTIM rather than the ACCUSOR. Go read how the INVESTIGATION WAS BOTCHED AND THE BATHROOM WAS SCRUBBED BEFORE THEY COULD TAKE SAMPLES.
to the best of my knowledge none of you play for or have any ownership interest in the 49ers. you mean to tell me that your "need" for the team to win goes so far that now you want to sign rapists?

When was Ben charged or convicted of rape? I must've missed that.

Funny, I thought I was in the good ol' US of A where people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. My bad.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:19 AM ]
I would throw Big Ben a kegger, full of co-eds, in the world's largest bathroom to sign with us!

yeah i'm caught up now though. i see a pretty compelling argument but i also see him appearing pretty emotional about the whole issue, what with the namecalling and what have you. to me if you're getting so worked up you're calling people dbags and dips**ts over nothing you're probably more biased than you care to admit.

the simple fact is he has exercised extremely poor judgment no less than three times. rather crimes were or were not committed that alone is enough to not want to be married to the guy over the life of a multi-million dollar deal. simply put you don't have the motorcycle accident and two rape accusations in a years time by making good decisions.

Quote:
Another sorority sister, Victoria Garofalo, recalled that the alleged victim was wearing a name tag with the initials "DTF." The tag--which the woman had received at a birthday party earlier that evening--was the subject of an inside joke between the students. When Roethlisberger asked about the initials, "Garofalo explained that 'DTF' stood for 'down to f**k' and that it referred to a joke between" the women.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

When was Ben charged or convicted of rape? I must've missed that.

Funny, I thought I was in the good ol' US of A where people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. My bad.

et tu Ghost?
i'm not shooting for the debate, i really don't think the guy (Ben that is) is worth it. I just find it interesting the lengths some of you would be willing go to win a game. and maybe (emphasis on maybe) he didn't do anything illegal that night, but getting underage girls drunk so that you can have sex with them in a bathroom while your bodyguard runs interference is not exactly the most moral thing to do in the world.

must be why they say there are no "moral victories" in football, huh.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Dude go read the friggin police reports in the big ben thread in NFL talk. Go read how the DA refers to the girl as the VICTIM rather than the ACCUSOR. Go read how the INVESTIGATION WAS BOTCHED AND THE BATHROOM WAS SCRUBBED BEFORE THEY COULD TAKE SAMPLES.

Link me please.

31 pages is a b***h to sort thru.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Link me please.

31 pages is a b***h to sort thru.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html

and let me highlight the part where Ben lies to his buddy about what happened with the girl...

Quote:
The GBI records also include an interview report with Brad Aurila, a Roethlisberger pal who accompanied the athlete on the Milledgeville bar crawl. When the athlete's entourage returned to Roethlisberger's home, Aurila--who had noticed cops speaking with the NFL star at Capital City--asked Roethlisbeger what happened. "Roethlisberger explained to Aurila that nothing had happened," and that he was "in the back with a girl and they were 'messing around.'" Aurila recalled that Roethlisberger said the "girl slipped and he helped her up and then came back out." Aurila noted that "he took 'messing around' to mean 'kissing, whatever,'" according to a GBI report. He added that Roethlisberger's demeanor was "angry and shocked that this was happening" as he spoke of the allegation leveled against him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Already a thread going on about Ben's situation, no need for another one.
Share 49ersWebzone