There are 133 users in the forums

Phillip Adams is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He makes the team if he can continue to play this well.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Practice Squad player, and like most practice squad players, it's unlikely he ever makes a significant impact on the team.

This is what happens when you make a player prediction before you even watch him play.
I think the player I was most surprised and impressed with tonight was Phillip Adams. He just looks like a kid who knows how to play CB and not someone who will be intimidated. I know its just one game but Adams is going to make this roster after tonights performance
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM ]
Adams impressed me tonight, that breakup on 4th down was icing on the cake. He tackles very well, and knows how to break on the ball and carrier. I would love for him to make the squad, however I think he is PS for this year anyway....But I would be stoked if he makes it.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Adams impressed me tonight, that breakup on 4th down was icing on the cake. He tackles very well, and knows how to break on the ball and carrier. I would love for him to make the squad, however I think he is PS for this year anyway....But I would be stoked if he makes it.

This was a national TV game so a lot of people saw him making plays. I would imagine he's be the next niner in a seahawk uni if we put him on the practice squad.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

This was a national TV game so a lot of people saw him making plays. I would imagine he's be the next niner in a seahawk uni if we put him on the practice squad.

Yeah I don't see the practice squad after this televised game. I sure liked what I saw from a seventh rounder.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

Yeah I don't see the practice squad after this televised game. I sure liked what I saw from a seventh rounder.

With a guy like this with such upside, you have to think you can't risk putting him on the PS when James is sitting there with an ankle injury, and career journeyman Karl Paymah is competing -- and not doing anything.
I hope he makes it as well. Does he have speed along with his coverage skills?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Ya the rest of league's coaches and front office staffs don't watch game tapes unless its nationally televised. (they like the commercials.)
meh.

Great game for him last night, not just the pass coverage but also the initiative he had in making an aggressive low tackle on a FB/TE type instead of holding him up and waiting for help.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

With a guy like this with such upside, you have to think you can't risk putting him on the PS when James is sitting there with an ankle injury, and career journeyman Karl Paymah is competing -- and not doing anything.

Yeah I think they should Keep Adams over James and Paymah. Let Adams play dime.
That one play on the North endzone, he showed great mobility and technique and the guy is a willing tackler!!! I like!!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yep, Paymuh gets a PI and Adams gets national exposure. Easy decision come cut time.

Reports from camp by the Matts also affirm Adams has been looking solid.

Nice job by the scouts if this guy continues to play this well.
Adams definetely impressed last night, I think it would be hard for the 49ers to place him on the PS, if he continues to improves he could be a valuable asset to our DBs.
Share 49ersWebzone