LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Nate Byham is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Billy Bajema #2!
  • dj43
Not having a blocking TE last year was a bigger liability than some might realize. Walker is NOT a good blocker and that left Davis to be the best option other than bringing in a lineman for situations.

Byham was VERY good his junior year but lost time this past season due to injury. He has excellent hands and can catch better than Bajema. He reportedly is very bright and makes sight adjustments well, something Davis still does not do well.

This pick will allow Davis to be in pass patterns more often while still providing solid pass protection and run blocking with a guy who can also catch the ball well.

Not sexy but a solid pick in a need area. Byham's contribution, while not sexy in itself, will allow the rest of the offense to look a LOT sexier...

I know. This thread is worthless without pictures...but I don't do pictures...
Originally posted by dj43:
Not having a blocking TE last year was a bigger liability than some might realize. Walker is NOT a good blocker and that left Davis to be the best option other than bringing in a lineman for situations.

Byham was VERY good his junior year but lost time this past season due to injury. He has excellent hands and can catch better than Bajema. He reportedly is very bright and makes sight adjustments well, something Davis still does not do well.

This pick will allow Davis to be in pass patterns more often while still providing solid pass protection and run blocking with a guy who can also catch the ball well.

Not sexy but a solid pick in a need area. Byham's contribution, while not sexy in itself, will allow the rest of the offense to look a LOT sexier...

here you go!
we ALWAYS pick up TE's. Why??

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Kyle Williams WR 5'10 186 Arizona State

National Football Post: Williams is a really gifted athlete who adds a lot of value as both a slot guy and a return man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft?round=6
  • dj43
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by dj43:

here you go!
Thank you.
They were talking about this guy as a sleeper last week on either ESPN or NFLN. Supposedly he's a real good blocker. I hope he lives up those expectations because Walker isnt the blocker we need. This should allow Vern to go out for more passes now, and also we had trouble running in short yardage situations last year because we lacked a blocking TE.
Better attributes than Pascoe

Here is a good article about Byham. This writer picks his "10 favorite prospects" each year before the Draft and Byham was one of the players.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/2010/top-10-2010-favorite-nfl-draft-prospects.html
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Byham is gonna pwn noobs
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Love that gif!
Share 49ersWebzone