Taylor Mays is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
im guessing Mays wears #20, what do you guys think?

Robinson should give his number to Mays, #24. Since he can't wear another ex USC 49ers' number, #24 is the next best thing to #42.

um...or Special Teams captain Michael Robinson can say "24 is taken kid, pick something else".

Exactly.

Mays will probably wear 26, Sean Taylor's old number at Da U.

Not to sound anything other than curious, but what does Sean Taylor have to do with Taylor Mays?
Mays has a framed photo of sean taylor in his apartment, looked up to him
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Robinson should give his number to Mays, #24. Since he can't wear another ex USC 49ers' number, #24 is the next best thing to #42.

um...or Special Teams captain Michael Robinson can say "24 is taken kid, pick something else".

Exactly.

Mays will probably wear 26, Sean Taylor's old number at Da U.

Not to sound anything other than curious, but what does Sean Taylor have to do with Taylor Mays?

Mays looked up to Taylor
The biggest problem that I see with Mays is his size. At 6'3 and 230 lbs his center of gravity is too high to be an effective cover guy. Sure he can be a mammoth hitter but if he can't cover, he'll soon be exploited. A straight line speed guy simply will not cut it in the NFL atleast as a safety.

Maybe we add 20 lbs onto his frame and turn him into an outside LB????

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sold on this pick.[/right]
I have just two words for all the haters in here....

Po-tential
Originally posted by tondiman:

Po-tential

that's 3 syllables
Originally posted by tondiman:

Po-tential

that's 3 syllables

quit hatin'
Not since the great "Eric Hetiman is a good football player" thread has there ever been a player in which the zone is so divided on. Personally I love the pick at #49. We need a SS replacement and Mays upside is undeniable.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Great interview with Ralph and Tom on KNBR. I know one thing, this kid will not lack motivation. He is pissed about being a second rounder. He would have been a top ten pick if he came out last year. Lost millions of dollars. Also, he is pissed at Carrol and will take it out on his hometown team, the Seachickens. He has a great work ethic. Just needs to work on his coverage badly. He is a physical guy, but he needs to work hard on coverage skills.

Our backfield is going to kill someone. P-Willy, Goldson, Mays..even Nate Clements. I can't wait to watch this guy play against the Seagulls. Bad blood is going to make for some good D
Originally posted by Walsh:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Great interview with Ralph and Tom on KNBR. I know one thing, this kid will not lack motivation. He is pissed about being a second rounder. He would have been a top ten pick if he came out last year. Lost millions of dollars. Also, he is pissed at Carrol and will take it out on his hometown team, the Seachickens. He has a great work ethic. Just needs to work on his coverage badly. He is a physical guy, but he needs to work hard on coverage skills.

Our backfield is going to kill someone. P-Willy, Goldson, Mays..even Nate Clements. I can't wait to watch this guy play against the Seagulls. Bad blood is going to make for some good D

spikes can lay the wood and ask kitna if spencer can hit too hahaha. we have some killers on defense. mays willis and goldielocks are gonna murder half of our opponents tho. willis has a huge kill streak so mays is gonna wanna catch up this year especially against seattle, theyre gonna need new receivers by week two

We have true disrupters now on every level of D. Mays brings his own brand of bruising and will quickly get into a healthy relationsip with our deathly hard hitting crew.expect alot of droped passes with our hungry beasts buzzing about.I pitty the WR fool who got to go try try the middle
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
We have true disrupters now on every level of D. Mays brings his own brand of bruising and will quickly get into a healthy relationsip with our deathly hard hitting crew.expect alot of droped passes with our hungry beasts buzzing about.I pitty the WR fool who got to go try try the middle

i expect more picks for our corners on the outside, teams will not want to get their players killed in the middle of the field with willis goldson and mays there Physical with an F on both sides of the ball hahaha
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but in the presser coach Sing said that on the film of him at SC he was lined up 20 yards deep. He simply was not asked to cover very often. Is that because he can't cover or a scheme thing? Let's get him in here and have the coaches look at him. He may have more coverage ability that we know. I wasn't thrilled initially, but I will give him a shot.
Originally posted by cools:

Was thinkin same thing, But M'Rob is gonna make him pay some serious $$$ for it

Somtimes safteys are called "Center fielders" and we had a pretty good one who wore #24 in this town also

How about 43? It is almost 42, and it is also worn by another great USC saftey in Troy (forgive my spelling) Palamalou.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by cools:

Was thinkin same thing, But M'Rob is gonna make him pay some serious $$$ for it

Somtimes safteys are called "Center fielders" and we had a pretty good one who wore #24 in this town also

How about 43? It is almost 42, and it is also worn by another great USC saftey in Troy (forgive my spelling) Palamalou.

He should wear #49 (49th pick) just to remind every team that passed him up!

[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone