LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

Mike Iupati is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
anyone going to get either jersey?

My wife wants Iupati and I am going Davis...we will see ya all at the home opener where we take down the Saints, Singletary style!

I loved this kid since the first time I watched him. I remember my two OL mock draft and got bombarded. It's not flashy, but that draft has the most meat of any one we have had including the 2007...if you get my drift...
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
wow there were so much talent on the board wtfff a guard in the first round???!! we could have easily gotten 1 in the second or third.. we passed on bryant are u kidding me? get off balkes nuts u losers seattle clearly out-drafted us they got thomas and okung wow s**tted on us.. pathetic draft so far

U gotta be kidding me! The best way to win is to do what u want to do,and the only way you can run or pass is with a DOMINATE O-line.....A guard like Iupati comes along very rarely,the last time we had one (Larry Allen) Frank ran for 1700 yards,and we didnt even have Crabs and Vernon sucked ass then,imagine now!
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Everybody is wetting their pants now. When the season starts and they struggle you will all be grumbling.

Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
wow there were so much talent on the board wtfff a guard in the first round???!! we could have easily gotten 1 in the second or third.. we passed on bryant are u kidding me? get off balkes nuts u losers seattle clearly out-drafted us they got thomas and okung wow s**tted on us.. pathetic draft so far

U gotta be kidding me! The best way to win is to do what u want to do,and the only way you can run or pass is with a DOMINATE O-line.....A guard like Iupati comes along very rarely,the last time we had one (Larry Allen) Frank ran for 1700 yards,and we didnt even have Crabs and Vernon sucked ass then,imagine now!

Primetime apparently thinks the oline has been brilliant in the last 5 years...
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Everybody is wetting their pants now. When the season starts and they struggle you will all be grumbling.

Yeah, let's see. Things were really starting to click except our running game and pass protection. We get the best guard in the draft, and the best tackle available (also has the most upside). What a suck draft. Some people woudn't be happy even if we got all top 5 players in the draft. I do hope we can find somebody close to Spiller's skillset in the 2nd round to compliment Gore and help with return duties. I'm pumped!!!!!!
[ Edited by Tombo on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM ]
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Yeah, let's see. Things were really starting to click except our running game and pass protection. We get the best gaurd in the draft, and the best tackle available (also has the most upside). What a suck draft. Some people woudn't be happy even if we got all top 5 players in the draft. I do hope we can find somebody close to Spiller's skillset in the 2nd round to compliment Gore and help with return duties. I'm pumped!!!!!!
While they are both boring picks, they are still very good. I really have to question the trade up 2 spots to get Davis, as it didn't seem Miami would select him. I am sure details will come shortly on why exactly this happened. We filled our biggest needs, as CB, S, and OLB are the highest priorities at this point. I feel like we could be okay without a CB and S this year as Lewis will be healthy, and Clements isn't going anywhere in 2010. I would like to get a pass rusher in the second though, but I feel like they are all gone now...

Hopefully these lineman can step in right away and produce...
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Double post=work computer is screwed up. My bad.
Giving up a 4th to secure the player you want isn't much of a sacrifice. I like it. In a couple years our Oline could be near the best in the NFL.
I loved the Iupati pick, really liked the Davis pick.

I've been hoping the niners would draft Iupati for a couple months now. The guy is an absolute beast, someone said a Larry Allen type - prob not, but more of a Hutchinson type - which is still very awesome. He has that nastiness that's been missing from our offensive line as well as a brute force. He's going to fit with the Sing style very very well.

Mooch talked about our line with the additions of Davis and Iupati saying that with in a couple years we would have one of the best lines in the league...

LOL wow, this is a vid from Mike's house when the niners drafted him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjs1TrNlOYM

Makes me love this pickup even more than I already did.
I'm glad we got Davis, I was hoping we would get Iupati, but i thought we would make a stupid pick and get claussen or something.

Man two beast Olineman, a real Oline coach..

Something tells me, that we will be able to pick up some 3rd and 1's this year.
  • nickytheniner
  • Info N/A
Iupati is well liked and well appreciated and hes a great player but i did not see us picking up 2 o lineman with our 2 1st round picks
Originally posted by Mospeed:
LOL wow, this is a vid from Mike's house when the niners drafted him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjs1TrNlOYM

Makes me love this pickup even more than I already did.

Holysh*t dude's gotta a real bigggggggggggg Family LOL very nice video

Share 49ersWebzone