LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Mike Iupati is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Everybody is wetting their pants now. When the season starts and they struggle you will all be grumbling.

How is that different from any other fan?

It's funny, all the vet members of this forum who know what this team needs are in glee (and if you know this team well enough how could one not LOVE this draft so far), while all these draft-day noobs are crying over spilled milk.
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
wow there were so much talent on the board wtfff a guard in the first round???!! we could have easily gotten 1 in the second or third.. we passed on bryant are u kidding me? get off balkes nuts u losers seattle clearly out-drafted us they got thomas and okung wow s**tted on us.. pathetic draft so far

How can u judge a draft on draft day? Won't know how good it is until 2 years later. We got what we needed. Lineman. Time will tell how good they will be.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Despite of how I feel they are now on our team! So I am now a fan of them until they make me mad. Hopefully Alex can show his skills this year!
wow there were so much talent on the board wtfff a guard in the first round???!! we could have easily gotten 1 in the second or third.. we passed on bryant are u kidding me? get off balkes nuts u losers seattle clearly out-drafted us they got thomas and okung wow s**tted on us.. pathetic draft so far

Who did you want at 17?

Should we have lost more games so we could have drafted Okung?

We could have drafted the second or third (if that) best player at a position, or the best player at a position of need. We got a guard that is considered to be the best pure guard to come out in several years, and whom the Stealers would have taken with the pick after us.

The Jets did this a couple years back (a tackle and guard in the first), and it was an unpopular decision at the time, but look at them now...
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Hell ya I love this pick!!!

ban this troll

I don't know what team you have been watching the last few years, but the "talent" the 49ers need an upgrade at is at the guard & tackle positions.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

ban this troll

agreed

maybe u should be on the seatle forum. i like the niners pick its an upgrade from last year's oline
I don't like to jinx things so I did not post this.

But Davis and Iupati is EXACTLY who I wanted.

I think this may be the first 2 pick 1st round for the Niners that went down exactly how I wanted ever.

Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
I asked for two linemen and I got myself two beasts

hahahaha loving this draft

No more worst Oline in the league this year.

We're the minority here, my friend.

Want we needed IMO, although I would have loved a "sexy" pick. This should solve our line issues for a long time!
anyone going to get either jersey?
I'm happy with Davis pick but just plain excited about Iupati. If Iupati helps to establishe a dominant, productive rushing game to his side, that really opens up the playbook both from the rushing and passing perspectives.

Two linemen down, one saftey and a corner/return man to go.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
What an awesome first round

Originally posted by teeohh:
anyone going to get either jersey?

My wife wants Iupati and I am going Davis...we will see ya all at the home opener where we take down the Saints, Singletary style!

I loved this kid since the first time I watched him. I remember my two OL mock draft and got bombarded. It's not flashy, but that draft has the most meat of any one we have had including the 2007...if you get my drift...
Share 49ersWebzone