LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bear in mind that for a while Davis was considered the #2 tackle coming out, based solely on his game tape. Bulaga only moved up on most mocks because of a strong combine, however, that seemed to not move him up for most teams. Davis is the better value than Bulaga simply because of potential. Bulaga has probably hit close to his potential, which is still a pretty good RT, whereas Davis has the potential to be an Orlando Pace type guy. I still think he'll have to improve a lot to push staley out of LT but, no matter what this guy is an improvement over Snyder. The sky's the limit for this kid's potential. a 20 yr old T that's a top 12 guy.... that means we got a really solid tackle for a very very long time.
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:
Bear in mind that for a while Davis was considered the #2 tackle coming out, based solely on his game tape. Bulaga only moved up on most mocks because of a strong combine, however, that seemed to not move him up for most teams. Davis is the better value than Bulaga simply because of potential. Bulaga has probably hit close to his potential, which is still a pretty good RT, whereas Davis has the potential to be an Orlando Pace type guy. I still think he'll have to improve a lot to push staley out of LT but, no matter what this guy is an improvement over Snyder. The sky's the limit for this kid's potential. a 20 yr old T that's a top 12 guy.... that means we got a really solid tackle for a very very long time.

Good point(s)
Good point about Ray Brown, Patrick. Every O-lineman that has played with Brown unfailingly remarks about his abilities as a teacher and motivator--and if anything slips by Brown, our head coach is pretty good at making players see the light.

With Davis on board, ol' Mt. Pain is going to have to start watching its cholesteral.
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:

After the pick Mayock said of Davis: "he's one of the most talented young men I've ever seen."
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Good point about Ray Brown, Patrick. Every O-lineman that has played with Brown unfailingly remarks about his abilities as a teacher and motivator--and if anything slips by Brown, our head coach is pretty good at making players see the light.

With Davis on board, ol' Mt. Pain is going to have to start watching its cholesteral.

Solari ain't bad either
I think as fans, we will smile on 3rd and 2 this year.
Got our OLine fixed, good job Baalke. The only thing I can think of for the trade up though is GB was going to deal with MIami to take Davis, so we leapfrogged those b***hes. But it sucks we lost our 4th. Oh well.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Got our OLine fixed, good job Baalke. The only thing I can think of for the trade up though is GB was going to deal with MIami to take Davis, so we leapfrogged those b***hes. But it sucks we lost our 4th. Oh well.

them and Dallas was also a concern since they're in the market for a tackle.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Our offensive line is finally set up!

Originally posted by unst4bl3:

i know, i almost knew like 80% of the time we would get stuffed. now we can run off the clock correctly unlike that damn vikings gm. the thing is i hope now that we got our oline set that we dont become a run run run team. i still want to air it out but not insanely like 45 times just a real good BALANCED attack
Imagine if Davis stays in college a year. Where would he be ranked next year in the draft. We got THAT and one of the highest ranking OG in a while.

What did Gore do:

Davis: Gore ran to the bathroom...
Iupati: Gore jumped up and he still hasn't come down
Originally posted by Joecool:
Imagine if Davis stays in college a year. Where would he be ranked next year in the draft. We got THAT and one of the highest ranking OG in a while.

What did Gore do:

Davis: Gore ran to the bathroom...
Iupati: Gore jumped up and he still hasn't come down

Hahahaha Gore is so awesome his finest hobby is Sport-s**tting during the off-season!

• nickytheniner
  • Info N/A
Trading up two picks and losing a 4th round pic was just flat out dumb to get davis. yes we did target him but theres no way the broncos or dolphins would have taken him and if the broncos traded there pic and they did pick davis we could have picked iupati with the 13th and bulaga with the 7th
Share 49ersWebzone