LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's actually what I wanted all along. Staley moves to RT, Boone to LT, Kilgore at C and a monster battle at the two guard spots with Davis, Iupati, Looney and Seymour + draft pick.

Not sure if serious.

played every single snap there as a rookie. in theory it could be done but you'd have like 3 or 4 new starters in new places, dont know if thats the best thing,

I'm aware Staley played there as a rookie. But a lot has changed since then.

One being Staley is now an elite left tackle. Moving an elite left tackle to right tackle makes no sense at all. The only reason he started out as a Right Tackle is because we overpayed Jonas Jennings.
That's actually what I wanted all along. Staley moves to RT, Boone to LT, Kilgore at C and a monster battle at the two guard spots with Davis, Iupati, Looney and Seymour + draft pick.

Not sure if serious.

played every single snap there as a rookie. in theory it could be done but you'd have like 3 or 4 new starters in new places, dont know if thats the best thing,

One being Staley is now an elite left tackle. Moving an elite left tackle to right tackle makes no sense at all. The only reason he started out as a Right Tackle is because we overpayed Jonas Jennings.

this! why on Earth would we want to move Joe Staley?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:

Not sure if serious.

this! why on Earth would we want to move Joe Staley?

Joe Staley is a top 3 LT in the National Football League. Don't F with that.
So Anthony Davis tore his biceps and labrum against Indy last year and just had corrective surgery

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/459446841738674176

https://twitter.com/Tre9er/status/459449706767466496
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM ]
Well maybe this explains his drop off. Sure wish he had been healthy vs Avril!
What the...
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well maybe this explains his drop off. Sure wish he had been healthy vs Avril!

MFKR...we could have used a healthy OL instead of getting abuse from the right side
Why didn't he get operated on sooner?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
So Anthony Davis tore his biceps and labrum against Indy last year and just had corrective surgery

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/459446841738674176

https://twitter.com/Tre9er/status/459449706767466496
Playing through bicep and labrum tears that long had to be hell.
Wow, I'm impressed that he didnt miss any games

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Why didn't he get operated on sooner?

I was wondering the same thing.
Originally posted by kronik:
Wow, I'm impressed that he didnt miss any games

Not to open old wounds but it appeared he missed the NFCC game.
Dudes wanna go on vacation and enjoy themselves. Then getting surgery now means you duck all ota's and just show up ready for camp.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dudes wanna go on vacation and enjoy themselves. Then getting surgery now means you duck all ota's and just show up ready for camp.

I want to see him punk Cliff Avril like he did in 2011, last years matchup was depressing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i was harsh on him this year and i am sorry,,did not know he was playing with one arm. he gets a huge pass just like justin and aldon did two years ago when they were playing with one arm each.
Share 49ersWebzone