LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who's the chick in the war room? She looks kinda hot.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Why we trade our 4th to move up 2 spots for Anthony Davis...????????

Other teams were trying to move up to get "their guy". The Dolphins and the Broncos were advertising that they wanted to trade down. Other teams were probably high on Davis as well, like maybe the Cowboys, so we had to make the move to get "our guy".

You should be grateful! He's a beast!
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Apr 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM ]
  • JC49
  • Veteran
I don't understand why we had to give up our fourth round pick in a deep draft to move up two spots to get Davis. He likely would have been there at 13 and if not Bulaga would have been. Nevermind that I feel a lot more comfortable with Bulaga than Davis. I could have accepted getting Davis and assumed they had their reasons for liking him better if they could have waited until our thirteenth pick. Now we have spent more than our hightest pick on a twenty year old, overweight, unmotivated player. If Solari and Brown make a Pro-Bowler out of him I'll be thrilled and relieved.
Originally posted by JC49:
I don't understand why we had to give up our fourth round pick in a deep draft to move up two spots to get Davis. He likely would have been there at 13 and if not Bulaga would have been. Nevermind that I feel a lot more comfortable with Bulaga than Davis. I could have accepted getting Davis and assumed they had their reasons for liking him better if they could have waited until our thirteenth pick. Now we have spent more than our hightest pick on a twenty year old, overweight, unmotivated player. If Solari and Brown make a Pro-Bowler out of him I'll be thrilled and relieved.

I don't really think that you need to worry about an overweight, unmotivated player. After going through Mike Singletary's death camp, he'll be ready for the season regarding those questions.
  • Ness
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Why we trade our 4th to move up 2 spots for Anthony Davis...????????

Other teams were trying to move up to get "their guy". The Dolphins and the Broncos were advertising that they wanted to trade down. Other teams were probably high on Davis as well, like maybe the Cowboys, so we had to make the move to get "our guy".

You should be grateful! He's a beast!

I beg to differ....Just watch this video on him...Getting beat, tripping, holding, and letting his QB hit the ground....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiL8DSVAUJQ
We got 3 Davis's on this team.
LOUD NOISES!!!
I like the pick, but I don't like how we gave up a 4th - completely unnecessary. Nonetheless, I hope Davis moves mountains for us.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Wasted!
We should not have given up our 4th rounder but atleast we have our RT

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Well apparently we're not the only team that downgraded Baluga. I always judge a pick by what other teams are doing. OT are VERY valuable in the NFL. So [b]why are all these teams passing on Baluga?[/b]

Yea i wonder too! what's wrong with baluga? oh man.. poor baluga..
anybody that bit**ed about this pick for a 4th round pick is an idiot...
Well apparently we're not the only team that downgraded Baluga. I always judge a pick by what other teams are doing. OT are VERY valuable in the NFL. So why are all these teams passing on Baluga?

It's Bulaga...and he'll be solid in the NFL
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Well apparently we're not the only team that downgraded Baluga. I always judge a pick by what other teams are doing. OT are VERY valuable in the NFL. So why are all these teams passing on Baluga?

yes, I realize the whale isn't spelled baluga either...
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

No doubt. I'm just saying there was a lot of angry people declaring "we f**ked up", etc., declaring we should have taken Bulaga ... I guess I trust the 49er board and their player rating(s).

I still can't believe we took 2 OL guys. Just incredible. I didn't think we had the stones to do it but we did.

We really did!!

Baalke is the f**king man, and I'm going to assume by tonight/tomorrow there's gonna be a very adequate explanation to this trade (and there most likely was).

I just can't believe it... we've needed this type of line, specially going into those first 5 weeks of the season!
Share 49ersWebzone