LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
That would be cool

Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Said it years ago... Anthony Davis reminds me a lot of Larry Allen. Maybe not quite that dominant when engaged, but still - he overpowers almost everyone once he gets there. More than good enough to play T, but not quite ideally suited... just reminds me a lot of him.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
That would be cool

Said it years ago... Anthony Davis reminds me a lot of Larry Allen. Maybe not quite that dominant when engaged, but still - he overpowers almost everyone once he gets there. More than good enough to play T, but not quite ideally suited... just reminds me a lot of him.

That's an interesting comparison. I actually likened Trenton Brown to Larry Allen because of his size and athletic freaky skills...Just mauls people and completely eliminates them and continues to do it way down field. Washed out an entire side of a defense. He and Davis sideXside?
As big as AD is, when he saw Trent Brown at RT, he probably said, f**k me-- I'm move'n to RG just to keep a job.
I thought tiller had RG on lockdown. Is there any footage of davis knocking guys off of the los at RG yet? I like Davis but I am not sure he is our best option at RG. I've seen tiller stop guys at the LOS in pass pro and he really has several pancake blocks in the run game. The guy is legit, I am hoping they are playing Davis at RG because he is that much better.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I thought tiller had RG on lockdown. Is there any footage of davis knocking guys off of the los at RG yet? I like Davis but I am not sure he is our best option at RG. I've seen tiller stop guys at the LOS in pass pro and he really has several pancake blocks in the run game. The guy is legit, I am hoping they are playing Davis at RG because he is that much better.

100% agreed. Tiller and Brown have great chemistry and he absolutely deserves to start, no doubt. That said, I think the coaches are banking on ADs upside and his athleticism might actually add more in the pull and screen game. He's not as powerful as Tiller though.

I guess the point is, we can't lose either way.
Well, it's coach's decision, who plays where. I think it would help Joe at LT if AD were there at LG. We all saw Tiller and Trent just crush anything in front of them..So no matter what chip goes with, he can't make a bad decision. Not many times one gets to say that. But we are good whatever chip does...and it will work.
We now have Tiller, Garnett, Marcus Martin and Theus as backups

Any one of those guys are better than Pears / Devey

Whereas our right side was a black hole last year, if AD plays like I think, we will have the nastiest rightside in the league.

Imagine, when Brown and AD pull and follow Staley on a sweep to the left
Anthony Davis is a big strong black man who can push people out of the way so hyde can run by.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
As big as AD is, when he saw Trent Brown at RT, he probably said, f**k me-- I'm move'n to RG just to keep a job.

for real AD isn't tiny by any means either at 6-5 230...I still can't believe he was pushing 370 when he was RT I still don't think that's totally true.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
That would be cool

I don't think the two are comparable. Larry Allen was an All-pro at two positions and quite possibly the most dominate Lineman of his generation. AD is not that good.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

for real AD isn't tiny by any means either at 6-5 230...I still can't believe he was pushing 370 when he was RT I still don't think that's totally true.

He was freaking huge. That's 370 pounds falling on his noggin. He really let himself go (who was supposed to be monitoring that?). Old pics capture it too; effectiveness slowed down too. But he looks better now than I've ever seen him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He was freaking huge. That's 370 pounds falling on his noggin. He really let himself go (who was supposed to be monitoring that?). Old pics capture it too; effectiveness slowed down too. But he looks better now than I've ever seen him.

Yup seems like a totally different player mentally sounds better as well. Still only 26 too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
That would be cool

That's an interesting comparison. I actually likened Trenton Brown to Larry Allen because of his size and athletic freaky skills...Just mauls people and completely eliminates them and continues to do it way down field. Washed out an entire side of a defense. He and Davis sideXside?

I hope Trent and AD get to the Larry Allen level.

He was one of the very best to play thhe game.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Inside Zone right. 60% of the time it works every time.
Matt Barrows
✔ @mattbarrows

Anthony Davis' absence described to me as a personal matter. He's listed as questionable. Is team's starter at RG, backup at both T spots.

Matt Maiocco
✔ @MaioccoCSN

Agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents #49ers RG Anthony Davis, said he has no comment at this time.

hope everything is well with him and his fam. Always worry when players have to miss time for "personal" reasons. Like a death in the family or something.
Share 49ersWebzone