Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
That was def Troy Smith lol

Yeah anthony davis was bragging on twitter how "my boy troy is talkin s**t to all the Mavs players"... OMFG. Ugh. That is kind of ironic too considering how every single player on the Mavs is better at their sport than Troy is at his. I kind of wish that guy had never played on our team, because he's a giant douchebag, and it looks like our starting RT is a retarded twitter lover who spends more time on his iphone/twitter than he does working out and preparing for the season.

idk what to think of that

major knock on him was that he was immature

Aaron Rodgers posts stupid immature tweets too.

this is what i meant by immature

Quote:
Davis, who twice reported to preseason camp at Rutgers overweight and was suspended for one game for violating team rules, was panned in a review of his NFL Combine showing by Pro Football Weekly, which assessed his performance in Indianapolis this way:
"Known to abhor the weight room at Rutgers and rely far too much on his natural ability, Davis showed up at the Combine looking sloppy-bodied and overweight. At 323 pounds, he clocked above 5.4 in the 40 on some watches and managed only 21 reps of 225 pounds, the fewest of any of the top four tackles who grade out the highest in the draft on tape. Known for consistently being late and not being accountable in college, Davis demonstrated his immaturity during interviews."

The Cowboys did have him ranked as a 3rd round pick...
i dont care about the cowboys

they took dez bryant with all his character issues

Yeah but atleast he is a good player. Davis is only 20 but so far we have a turnstile for a RT and he is not mature/real hard worker either. Not sure that's a recipe for success.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Yeah but atleast he is a good player. Davis is only 20 but so far we have a turnstile for a RT and he is not mature/real hard worker either. Not sure that's a recipe for success.

Bulaga isn't much better, he looked even worse than Davis most of the time. Again Davis is very young. Hopefully he will improve
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
That was def Troy Smith lol

Yeah anthony davis was bragging on twitter how "my boy troy is talkin s**t to all the Mavs players"... OMFG. Ugh. That is kind of ironic too considering how every single player on the Mavs is better at their sport than Troy is at his. I kind of wish that guy had never played on our team, because he's a giant douchebag, and it looks like our starting RT is a retarded twitter lover who spends more time on his iphone/twitter than he does working out and preparing for the season.

idk what to think of that

major knock on him was that he was immature

Aaron Rodgers posts stupid immature tweets too.

this is what i meant by immature

Quote:
Davis, who twice reported to preseason camp at Rutgers overweight and was suspended for one game for violating team rules, was panned in a review of his NFL Combine showing by Pro Football Weekly, which assessed his performance in Indianapolis this way:
"Known to abhor the weight room at Rutgers and rely far too much on his natural ability, Davis showed up at the Combine looking sloppy-bodied and overweight. At 323 pounds, he clocked above 5.4 in the 40 on some watches and managed only 21 reps of 225 pounds, the fewest of any of the top four tackles who grade out the highest in the draft on tape. Known for consistently being late and not being accountable in college, Davis demonstrated his immaturity during interviews."

The Cowboys did have him ranked as a 3rd round pick...

4th if I recall correctly.

He isn't helping his cause much this offseason either.

-9fA
  • Jiks
Davis sucks all the sudden? Crabtree sucks all the sudden? VD isn't a leader all of the sudden? Taylor Mays is the worst player in the league? I hate &*(^ Smi*&?

Anybody in this forum care to share a little bit of optimism this off-season? I really have grown do dis-like a majority of our fanbase. A bunch of negative Bithces anymore. Whine whine whine.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Davis sucks all the sudden? Crabtree sucks all the sudden? VD isn't a leader all of the sudden? Taylor Mays is the worst player in the league? I hate &*(^ Smi*&?

Anybody in this forum care to share a little bit of optimism this off-season? I really have grown do dis-like a majority of our fanbase. A bunch of negative Bithces anymore. Whine whine whine.

i am a critic of crabtree but i dont think he sucks i just think he can be a lot better maybe even elite if he justs puts effort in and practices im not even talking about extra practice just practice as much a normal person would

as for davis i dont know how any1 can say he sucks at 20 years old he started and held his own against many nfl caliber players despite the ffact he had the incompetant chilo rachal next to him in a couple years he will be a great tackle
I wish people would stop cutting him slack because he was 20 at the start of the season, he was 21 for most of the season. so if you want to throw that age stat out there in every argument at least be honest about the fact that he was 21 for most of his rookie year.
[ Edited by skynet907 on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by skynet907:
I wish people would stop cutting him slack because he was 20 at the start of the season, he was 21 for most of the season. so if you want to throw that age stat out there in every argument at least be honest about the fact that he was 21 for most of his rookie year.

he is who he is. a lazy immature first round pick that has his money and will never pan out. this is why drafting these young guys that could turn out to be good is such a bad idea.
he dropped the n word in a tweet a few weeks ago

Originally posted by FreddyG:

he is who he is. a lazy immature first round pick that has his money and will never pan out. this is why drafting these young guys that could turn out to be good is such a bad idea.

I was b***hing about him at the end of the season but the zoners reassured me that he is working very hard and has made progression leaps and bounds. Is he not working out and staying in shape?

I was b***hing about him at the end of the season but the zoners reassured me that he is working very hard and has made progression leaps and bounds. Is he not working out and staying in shape?

that was your first mistake. you know most of the people on here are homers. I dont think he is cuz he tweets about any and everything but not about working out.
I'll admit it's discouraging to see all the tweets about random s**t, but honestly, when I was 21 I wasn't that focused either.

What we KNOW is that he struggled mightily last year, but gained some momentum towards the end of the year. We also KNOW he hasn't been at the team activities.

What we don't know is what he is doing/or not doing to keep in shape and reviewing his technique. I was hoping for a Pro-Bowl caliber player when we drafted him, but now I'm hoping for a serviceable starter, with fewer mistakes than last year. Hopefully, he wouldn't be a liability in pass protection (too often).
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'll admit it's discouraging to see all the tweets about random s**t, but honestly, when I was 21 I wasn't that focused either.

What we KNOW is that he struggled mightily last year, but gained some momentum towards the end of the year. We also KNOW he hasn't been at the team activities.

What we don't know is what he is doing/or not doing to keep in shape and reviewing his technique. I was hoping for a Pro-Bowl caliber player when we drafted him, but now I'm hoping for a serviceable starter, with fewer mistakes than last year. Hopefully, he wouldn't be a liability in pass protection (too often).

doubt he is doing anything. if comes back to college fat and outta shape when he is working to get to the NFL what do you think he is doing now. I bet if the season doesnt start until the 2nd preseaon game he doesnt start because he is too outta shape.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

doubt he is doing anything. if comes back to college fat and outta shape when he is working to get to the NFL what do you think he is doing now. I bet if the season doesnt start until the 2nd preseaon game he doesnt start because he is too outta shape.

Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Share 49ersWebzone