There are 186 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Dam, I m just not sure i believe in giving up on a 23 year old kid. Defensive lineman with his size and athletic ability are so hard to come by. Tyson Jackson in KC was such a high pick and is still not doing much.

I do trust singletary though, so maybe he knew something we dont.

Originally posted by jones49:
Dam, I m just not sure i believe in giving up on a 23 year old kid. Defensive lineman with his size and athletic ability are so hard to come by. Tyson Jackson in KC was such a high pick and is still not doing much.

LOL!!! i couldve sworn this thread was about anthony davis not f**k ass balmer
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
This is exactly how Kwame Harris started out. He sucked his first pre season game and everybody said "oh he's young and he will get better". Well the getting better never did happen. Hopefully this guy actually does get better, but from all my years of watching football you can usually tell right away if a dude can play or not.

I tend to agree. Who knows what the future holds, but for a guy thats been at the 49ers facility for the last 3 months he sure looked raw. Run blocking seemed ok, but he really seemed to struggle with the outside passrush.

I just dont know about drafting very young players (20). Football is the ultimate mans game. He may be ready physically, but there is a huge emotional/maturity aspect to being good as well.

From watching JTO play in the preseason a couple years ago

People thought he was jesus

Takes more than 1 game to determine a career

I think he can be good 2 years from now. I don't know why they are throwing him out there if he is not ready. It must hurt his confidence, and I thought they would have known from Alex Smith taking 3 steps back before he took 2 steps forward that its okay to develop someone on the bench for a while.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jones49:

LOL!!! i couldve sworn this thread was about anthony davis not f**k ass balmer

I think ayleswbj11 is a bit lost to say the least.

Unless Nolan has returned and started changing players positions again, I believe you meant O line. Unless you were talking about Balmer (rip) in which case wrong thread.
wow... chill out its preseason and hes a rookie Tackle. its gonna take time
He looked great against the vikings. I spent quite a bit of time watching him and Lupati, I think they did just as well as any of the other linement, and that goes for both teams.
https://twitter.com/IamAnthonyDavis/status/22945571458

Quote:
IamAnthonyDavis: Watchin Seattle game film 8:30 on a Friday night. #Lifeofaworkaholic

I just keep lovin' this guy more and more, he wants to be the best.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
https://twitter.com/IamAnthonyDavis/status/22945571458

Quote:
IamAnthonyDavis: Watchin Seattle game film 8:30 on a Friday night. #Lifeofaworkaholic

I just keep lovin' this guy more and more, he wants to be the best.

wow its so hard to believe the knock on him was poor work ethic

It's funny how blown up that got before the draft. He's proven to be hard worker and has improved in every game this preseason.
Anthony Davis: 'It's like you cheated'

Quote:
Anthony Davis smiled today as he recalled a moment when his talent and preparation collided.

And Green Bay sack master Clay Matthews felt the impact.

Based on his pregame film study, Davis, the Niners 21-year-old rookie right tackle, said he was ready for one of Matthews' patented moves early in San Francisco's 34-16 loss to the Packers.
"I'd been watching Clay and he did this move around the corner where he did a spin move," Davis said. "All the games before he played me, he did the spin. And he did it against me and I caught him in the middle of it."

One play. A small moment.

But the 6-foot-5, 323-pound Davis, the 11th overall pick in the draft, was relaying it to illustrate how he's matured during a rookie season filled with growing pains and, recently, examples of unquestioned growth.

Two weeks ago, Davis silenced Arizona's Darnell Dockett and was part of an offensive line that was awarded a game ball after the Niners collected 261 rushing yards. Last week, he held Matthews, the NFL's sack leader with 11.5, without a sack, just the fourth time this season the Packers linebacker hasn't dropped a quarterback.

Tight end Vernon Davis, who often lines up alongside the rookie, has noticed Davis' maturation -- on and off the field.

"His attitude," Davis said. "The way he approaches the game. He's become more of a professional. Coach has been trying put in his head to dominate everyone he lines up in front of. He's getting it. He's come a long way."

Mike Singletary termed Davis' performance against Green Bay as "excellent."

"I think at some point in time that light's going to go on," Singletary said. "And I just think that's basically what happened. You do so many things and the muscle memory kicks in, your understanding kicks in and, lo and behold, you're getting it and it's automatic instead of you having to think through everything."

Davis acknowledged he's studying more. As a result, he says he even knows what many of his teammates are doing on a given play.

And, most importantly, he knows what the guy lining up across might be doing.

"The more you watch film -- it's like you cheated," Davis said. "It's like 'I've seen that.' That's how it feels."
These guys are talented.

Like Vernon Davis talented.

You can't expect them to be pro bowlers overnight.

Maybe by the end of year 2 , they will be.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
These guys are talented.

I agree, It will take some time. We just wanted it to happen because of our thirst for a playoff birth, we wanted the O-Line to dominate immediately. He as well as Iupati will be just fine. Rachal on the other hand . He has all the physical tools, I just think its more mental and not willing to conquer the mental aspect of the game (film, preparation, ect.)

Davis has gotten better and maybe it was because he was faced with a HUGE challenge in stopping Dockett (the s**t talker) and Matthews (the best pass rusher in the NFC if not NFL at the moment) and his competitive nature just kicked in to prove a point. HOPEFULLY it was not JUST THAT and he truly is getting better with the game slowing down for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with some injuries to Seattle, he will be facing Kentwan Balmer in some extensive action on Sunday He BETTER dominate that match up
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
These guys are talented.

I agree, It will take some time. We just wanted it to happen because of our thirst for a playoff birth, we wanted the O-Line to dominate immediately. He as well as Iupati will be just fine. Rachal on the other hand . He has all the physical tools, I just think its more mental and not willing to conquer the mental aspect of the game (film, preparation, ect.)

Davis has gotten better and maybe it was because he was faced with a HUGE challenge in stopping Dockett (the s**t talker) and Matthews (the best pass rusher in the NFC if not NFL at the moment) and his competitive nature just kicked in to prove a point. HOPEFULLY it was not JUST THAT and he truly is getting better with the game slowing down for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with some injuries to Seattle, he will be facing Kentwan Balmer in some extensive action on Sunday He BETTER dominate that match up

Kentwan is a punk-ass b***h and Davis will eat him alive! Book IT!

Balmer stats
Share 49ersWebzone