LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quote:
espn_nfcwest (Mike Sando): Saw some good things from 49ers RT Anthony Davis in practice over last few days.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Shaj:
just curious, are the other Offensive Tackles taken high in the 2010 draft (top 15) kind of struggling like Davis? I just want some comfort that even the best ones (Okung, etc) are struggling as well, and that this is a natural part of the transition to the NFL for OT's.

Well...as I recall, the only other OT taken in the top 15 was Okung and he hasn't even signed yet.

As for struggling, outside of QB, OT is the hardest position for a rookie to learn. I'm not even that sure it would be accurate to say "He's struggling".

He's playing like a rookie. RELAX.

Ummm... Dude, you forgot Trent Williams.

LOL....oops...I forgot the Silverback. My bad.

Still....I don't think we have anything to be concerned about with Davis. We knew he was young and raw and he'd have alot to learn. So far he's what we expected.

Unfortunately he'll be compared to Iupati who is MUCH more likely to come right out of the gate and dominate. The only reason Iupati was selected AFTER Davis is because he's a guard. He will probably be a better pro tho.

Yeah people are already saying that Iupati looks really good as a rookie. Unfortunately ADavis will be compared to him since they were in the same draft class and both play on the line, but Mike Iupati is in better shape and is older and has more experience than Anthony Davis. It's to be expected. Hopefully by the regular season ADavis is somewhat up to speed.
Quote:
espn_nfcwest (Mike Sando): Saw some good things from 49ers RT Anthony Davis in practice over last few days.

Originally posted by pelos21:
Quote:

I think by default both our rookie first rounders will be on the starting lineup going into Quest Field (it'll be a trial by fire).

We just don't really have any upside to starting Baas and Snyder anymore. Iupati is looking like a clear lock, and I think the organization would rather go with Anthony's upsides/growing pains other than Snyder's continuous will to suck at RT.
The promotion of Davis is big time, no matter how you look at it. No doubt the Niners where feeling the pressure to get him on the field since he was the 11th over all pick, but I dont believe Sing would promote him if he didn't think Davis gave them the best chance to win this season. Even if Snyder would be a little better right now, Davis clearly showed enough "potential" to get the starting nod.

Congrats to Davis an Iupati!

Next up, MAYS!

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 9, 2010 at 16:44:11 ]
^
lmao
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I can't believe that is our starting RT....He looks like he still has a curfew and bed time.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I can't believe that is our starting RT....He looks like he still has a curfew and bed time.

Football players have curfews and bed checks.
Skinny_Post

Just can't tell yet. Davis is looking more aggressive all the time, but needs some work with lateral movement
Originally posted by jreff22:
Skinny_Post

Just can't tell yet. Davis is looking more aggressive all the time, but needs some work with lateral movement

the lateral quickness will come with conditioning and technique. I think we have ourselves a GOOD RT now!
Share 49ersWebzone