LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Doesn't seem like he wants to be on the field much this season. Concussion aside he has sure had a lot of hurts.

Injuries happen so I can overlook that. His tweet peaked my curiosity at the time but it hopefully meant nothing. He should sit if he isn't hurt buy when he is healthy he needs to tear it up on his salary
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Doesn't seem like he wants to be on the field much this season. Concussion aside he has sure had a lot of hurts.

Injuries happen so I can overlook that. His tweet peaked my curiosity at the time but it hopefully meant nothing. He should sit if he isn't hurt buy when he is healthy he needs to tear it up on his salary

maybe he's busy trying to figure out how to defeat a speed rush

Agreed!! Totally seems like he never has really wanted to play this yr..
  • xcfan
  • Veteran

to be honest, players, ex-players, ex-high school players, and fans now really understand the magnitude of brain trauma and permanent injury. it's affecting the strength of fortitude people have for enduring the hardship of the game. it's a strange time. i mean, would you play college and pro ball now, knowing what you know about what may likely happen to you later--and not even that much later? a sober mind has to say no; an emotional mind says yes. that is a conflict that didn't exist a few years ago. players are going to walk away from the game; it's going to happen.
When was the last time someone missed several games maybe a months worth because of a concussion was it that serious his season is on the line now?

Could be allot worse than the team is letting on???

Wouldn't be the first time they kept info to themselves.

Look how long the Lattimore thing dragged on.

Not until near the end did anything really come out.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the "hit" that caused it wasn't even that serious. I'm thinking he just doesn't want to play anymore.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the "hit" that caused it wasn't even that serious. I'm thinking he just doesn't want to play anymore.

Sweet, maybe he can quit and go fishing with Woods and then go out to eat with Kwame. Looks like he's spending plenty of time supporting the Ferguson protests on twitter so maybe his mind is elsewhere.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Riding the concussion wave, so they can get PAID!!! LOSERS!!!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Anthony Davis Making Progress In Return From Concussion

According to the beat writers Anthony Davis appears to have progressed to stage three of the concussion protocol.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/3/7327803/anthony-davis-making-progress-in-return-from-concussion

dude is going to retire
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
dude is going to retire

Yeah I second this. Check out the articles on the homepage it's pretty bad.
I don't think he's retiring
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Cam Inman

Anthony Davis (concussion) improved but not symptom free: "Its scary when your brain is not working how its supposed to"

Paul Gutierrez

RT Anthony Davis described the first 3-4 days of his concussion as a "white fog"
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM ]
On a serious note, I am very concerned for Anthony Davis. Should he unfortunately ever receive a concussion again, I think he should retire. Alex Boone or a tackle prospect make factor into our plans much sooner than we thought.
Share 49ersWebzone