LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm reading all these articles about how good Anthony Davis is....but if I went by a few members on here....well maybe just one, , I've been told he is not good at Tackle...and could be "ok" at guard.

looking awsome so far this year i always knew he would be a great tackle just was a bit young coming out

doesnt change the fact last year he had one of the most qb pressure allowed in nfl last year

harbaugh said in off season his footwork improved a lot i think that was a big reason

either way hes looking great so far
Originally posted by sfout:
Barrows pointed out that AD shut down Matthews during his rookie season, so something I was wondering...Did Matthews choose to avoid AD and only go against Staley? Did Matthews switch sides in their defense at some point since then?

Yeah, don't think Matthews got a sack on Anthony that game and that's when Anthony was struggling. No idea but it's probably on the DC if he wants to rotate guys from left to right and vice versa. Almost positive the players have no say on where they line up.

Anyways, Anthony has come along ways this year. Maybe we can give thanks to the Cohn's for calling him out and saying he will be out of the league soon. Anthony was only 20 when we drafted him. He was raw but some didn't get that through their heads and thought he should be elite right away. Now granted I thought with Boone doing so well it could happen in the future where Boone goes to RT and Davis goes to RG. Honestly, I think it would have worked out well but I think it's turned out just as well with Boone at RG and Davis at RT. Both really stepped up.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I'm reading all these articles about how good Anthony Davis is....but if I went by a few members on here....well maybe just one, , I've been told he is not good at Tackle...and could be "ok" at guard.

looking awsome so far this year i always knew he would be a great tackle just was a bit young coming out

doesnt change the fact last year he had one of the most qb pressure allowed in nfl last year

harbaugh said in off season his footwork improved a lot i think that was a big reason

A lot of that was because of the RG he was playing next to. Boone is an outstanding player. The right side of our line is our strength this year.
Bam Davis ‏@BamDavis76 😏 RT @MikeinSF2: @BamDavis76 is f**king balling this year. Absolutely mugging fools off the line of scrimmage. #BruceIrvingWho?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Bam Davis ‏@BamDavis76 �� RT @MikeinSF2: @BamDavis76 is f**king balling this year. Absolutely mugging fools off the line of scrimmage. #BruceIrvingWho?

Love AD, glad he's playing so well. Irving was a non-factor.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Bam Davis ‏@BamDavis76 😏 RT @MikeinSF2: @BamDavis76 is f**king balling this year. Absolutely mugging fools off the line of scrimmage. #BruceIrvingWho?

Love AD, glad he's playing so well. Irving was a non-factor.

Neither Irvin or Clemons was a factor all night long.
Honestly completely shocked how well Davis is playing this year.... The guy is a man among boys out there this year. I thought he would be better this year for sure, but DAMN he is playing at an All-Pro level.. Straight Ballin
Originally posted by BrianGO:

A lot of that was because of the RG he was playing next to. Boone is an outstanding player. The right side of our line is our strength this year.

Imagine if we had an all pro center like Mangold defenses would be like
  • ihab
  • Veteran
Anthony Davis played 2nd half of Saints Game with broken finger.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/11/27/3696748/anthony-davis-x-ray-finger-injury-49ers-offensive-line
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I know this is an old post... but we run left a majority of the time. I feel like we should go right more often? They MAUL

BTW I have not looked at any stats and this is a purely assumption-laden viewpoint from what I remember from games
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM ]

Originally posted by ihab:
Anthony Davis played 2nd half of Saints Game with broken finger.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/11/27/3696748/anthony-davis-x-ray-finger-injury-49ers-offensive-line

Bad Ass.
Anthony Davis seems to have lost his peace, and is now attacking Terrell Suggs on twitter. WTF is he up too.

Bam Davis ‏@AnthonyDavis76 We went head to head in the Super Bowl. He made no plays.

Bam Davis ‏@AnthonyDavis76 Another case of a cornball wit money..he was a loser before he had the nfl backing him. You can tell by his moves. Thirsty for any hype. lol

Bam Davis ‏@AnthonyDavis76 ...do a dance for us Suggs. lol

Bam Davis ‏@AnthonyDavis76 age don't = wisdom.

Bam Davis ‏@AnthonyDavis76 why they hatin' on a youngin. lmao he 30 yrs old Im on his mind? lol f**kin' loser..
Davis is a boss. Suggs got outclassed by Davis and Suggs has done nothing but run his mouth since the super bowl. At least Ray Lewis knows he's played like s**t and has mostly kept his mouth shut.
Did suggs say anything recently though to drive Davis to snap?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Did suggs say anything recently though to drive Davis to snap?

He called him a "fake tough guy"
Share 49ersWebzone