LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Engleburger:
Originally posted by Niners99:
does your username refer to the ex-49ers DE?

Si

you know it was spelled Engelberger right?

Nah I didn't.... Don't really care either.
AD remains a raw talent. I will tell you this. When i see frank bust loose for 12 or 29 yds, and see staley, AD, Snyder, Goodwin, rachal, either singly or in twos or threes clearing a lane even some of us could make 5 yds thru, and then seeing frank get the next 10 or 20, i think the OL, and that includes AD, are definitely getting it. Sure, makes mistakes, and sometimes jumps, but overall, check out AD in the Saints and Texans games, and tell me if you think that is the same guy. He is 180 degrees from where he was during those two embarrassing wipeouts. AD doesn't even remotely resemble what he looked like 8-10 games ago. He looked good in college, and has to learn an entirely new system, but he is getting it. Just wait. AD is coming along.
I seen a highlight on one of the big gore runs that Davis got to the second level and was blocking a lions linebacker. Pretty dominant day. Kudos to the offensive line for two hundred yards rushing. Especially against the supposed #1 defensive line in the NFL. Overrated if you ask me.
Benching rachal is doing wonders for this line especially AD. Not too mention that they are getting used to zone blocking. Warren sapp said in pregame that the wide 9 is ineffective against zone blocking. Looks like he was right!
Even if its not this year that he puts it all together I wouldnt be worried. The dude is still what, like 21 years old. There are guys playing in the NCAA who will get drafted next year that are older than him.

PANCAKES!
Man what a great photo. Wonder how that fist tastes. Our man!.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
that has got to hurt, and be illegal.
Originally posted by BenQ:
that has got to hurt, and be illegal.

It does and it is!!!! He did the same s**t to babin in the eagles game and got call for a hands-to-the-face 15 yarder. Get your hands inside the frame buddy...

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Joe Staley had a dominant performance last week and was solid this week. We walked into an undefeated teams house and beat them and Joe was a big part of it.
It was just ONE play for f**ks sake.

Our whole team had a dominant performance last week. What about the month before that?

Anyways, I wasn't talking about the play. It's an attitude thing. But you actually got me thinking, he really is the anti Joe.

Joe Staley: Weak run blocker
Pretty disciplined
Very mature
Average pass protector
white

Anthony Davis: Good run blocker
undisciplined
immature
below avg pass protector
black

the proof is in the 'puddin...

I feel you, Joe Staley is incredibly overrated and lol at him being the anti Davis, it's true. I've seen a lot more fire out of Davis, a lot more attitude. I wish Davis would be more consistent but that'll come with time.

As for Staley, I don't understand what everyone sees in him. I've watched every single game he's ever played in the NFL and he's consistently underwhelmed me(not to say there haven't been a few good games). It's cool that the analysts all like him and people says he's good but I've never seen it...
For Frank, and Hunter, to get 200+ yards means that the oline is doing good things. Staley allowed the first sack, Smith didn't see it, feel it, or hear it coming. Then one more sack for the whole game. That is good blocking, not magnificiently wonderful blocking, but good enough to win the game. Detroit still played a good game as well so there was a lot of action going on and with all of the penalties, noise, good team playing against them they still won.

A. Davis seems to be coming along and developing. Even when Snyder went down, Rachal came in and played well. So the whole team, including Davis, and the rest of the Oline seems to be getting caught up in the process and our team is developing. Unless we have a major fall off it looks like we are getting primed for the playoffs.

Cleveland will be our next major test, not whether we can win or not, but whether we ignore their qualities and get taken by surprise and are too uppity. If we are too uppity on any given sunday anyone can beat you. If A. Davis and company play well then the rest of the team will probably play well also.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
For Frank, and Hunter, to get 200+ yards means that the oline is doing good things. Staley allowed the first sack, Smith didn't see it, feel it, or hear it coming. Then one more sack for the whole game. That is good blocking, not magnificiently wonderful blocking, but good enough to win the game. Detroit still played a good game as well so there was a lot of action going on and with all of the penalties, noise, good team playing against them they still won.

A. Davis seems to be coming along and developing. Even when Snyder went down, Rachal came in and played well. So the whole team, including Davis, and the rest of the Oline seems to be getting caught up in the process and our team is developing. Unless we have a major fall off it looks like we are getting primed for the playoffs.

Cleveland will be our next major test, not whether we can win or not, but whether we ignore their qualities and get taken by surprise and are too uppity. If we are too uppity on any given sunday anyone can beat you. If A. Davis and company play well then the rest of the team will probably play well also.
After reading that recent thread about the "wham" blocking technique, I'm starting to think its more about scheme than player (within reason).

Nah I didn't.... Don't really care either.

lol
Hope him and the o-line can keep playing well and improving.
Share 49ersWebzone