There are 248 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Eh so I was off by 10 lbs oh well. He still gained some weight. Sounds like this year he is in better shape and ready to kick ass.

Yeah, I didn't mean to invalidate your point. Sorry about that... just getting the numbers correct.

Here's to Davis making the NFL his b***h in the (hopefully) near future.

I mean he went from 323 to 330 and then back to 328 with less fat and more muscle. So that could be like a loss of 10 lbs of fat and gain 8 lbs of muscle, which could still help him play better. Sounds like he is excited to be working out and taking his job seriously. Which is great for the 49ers.

I'm with you, brother.

I bet he can dunk from half court instead of just the free throw line now.

Am I remembering that right? He said he could dunk from the free throw?

He did have a 33 inch vert at 323.

As long as he continues to improve like he did at the end of the season, it's all gravy. I still think he's got some massive potential... pun intended. There are times that he's just so smooth in his kick slide that I think he looks like a finesse tackle playing under 300.

Then I get visions of him fumbling around and falling down on the max protect play that resulted in Alex Smith's shoulder separation.

Let's hope we get the dancing bear and not the stumbling sloth next season.

Eh so I was off by 10 lbs oh well. He still gained some weight. Sounds like this year he is in better shape and ready to kick ass.

Yeah, I didn't mean to invalidate your point. Sorry about that... just getting the numbers correct.

Here's to Davis making the NFL his b***h in the (hopefully) near future.

I mean he went from 323 to 330 and then back to 328 with less fat and more muscle. So that could be like a loss of 10 lbs of fat and gain 8 lbs of muscle, which could still help him play better. Sounds like he is excited to be working out and taking his job seriously. Which is great for the 49ers.

I'm with you, brother.

I bet he can dunk from half court instead of just the free throw line now.

Am I remembering that right? He said he could dunk from the free throw?

He did have a 33 inch vert at 323.

As long as he continues to improve like he did at the end of the season, it's all gravy. I still think he's got some massive potential... pun intended. There are times that he's just so smooth in his kick slide that I think he looks like a finesse tackle playing under 300.

Then I get visions of him fumbling around and falling down on the max protect play that resulted in Alex Smith's shoulder separation.

Let's hope we get the dancing bear and not the stumbling sloth next season.

That big man can jump, which is great shows he's explosive and he's got great feet looks like a dancing bear!
good s**t
Quote:
26. San Francisco 49ers (1.86)

A lot of this can be attributed to the rookie struggles of the exceptionally young Anthony Davis (-17.0 pass blocking), but the facts are none of the starters walked out of 2010 looking all that good. It’s a line that doesn’t help out its quarterback, and at times a quarterback (whoever was playing) that wouldn’t help out their line. Not the best combination. Perhaps some of this could be overcome with some additional help, with the 49ers keen to get their backs and tight ends out running routes rather than helping out the line.

Pressure Per Play Rank: 27th

Sack % of Pressure Rank: 21st

Average Number of Blockers Per Play Rank: 5th

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/06/09/team-pass-protection-rankings-part-1/
Anthony Davis doesn't get much love, but I like the fact that he was just getting under the defender's skin, like Suh. Bring some nastiness back to the oline!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Anthony Davis doesn't get much love, but I like the fact that he was just getting under the defender's skin, like Suh. Bring some nastiness back to the oline!

He was real nasty today and i like it.
He's the anti Joe Staley. I like that.
He continues to improve! Can't wait for him to mature (he's still 22).

Our team's coming together!!
He's still making some dumb choices (TWO trips in one game for instance) and goes offside. But man he isn't chasing defenders to Alex Smith like he was last year... Thank god! Verdict is still out, but his improvement is quite visible.
Originally posted by Engleburger:
He's the anti Joe Staley. I like that.

Joe Staley had a dominant performance last week and was solid this week. We walked into an undefeated teams house and beat them and Joe was a big part of it.
It was just ONE play for f**ks sake.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Joe Staley had a dominant performance last week and was solid this week. We walked into an undefeated teams house and beat them and Joe was a big part of it.

Our whole team had a dominant performance last week. What about the month before that?

Anyways, I wasn't talking about the play. It's an attitude thing. But you actually got me thinking, he really is the anti Joe.

Joe Staley: Weak run blocker
Pretty disciplined
Very mature
Average pass protector
white

Anthony Davis: Good run blocker
undisciplined
immature
below avg pass protector
black

the proof is in the 'puddin...
Originally posted by Engleburger:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Our whole team had a dominant performance last week. What about the month before that?

Anyways, I wasn't talking about the play. It's an attitude thing. But you actually got me thinking, he really is the anti Joe.

Joe Staley: Weak run blocker
Pretty disciplined
Very mature
Average pass protector
white

Anthony Davis: Good run blocker
undisciplined
immature
below avg pass protector
black

the proof is in the 'puddin...

does your username refer to the ex-49ers DE?
Originally posted by Niners99:
does your username refer to the ex-49ers DE?

Si
I think the bigger picture on Davis is he is finally showing some signs of "getting it". Part of his struggles in the first couple of games was undoubtedly due to just trying to learn a fairly complex new offensive system. In fact, the entire line struggled with this, including Goodwin who is a seasoned vet.

The things we all should be encouraged about Davis are his overall strength and athleticism. He has talent. It is just undeveloped thus far and he still very young and undisciplined, as many of you zoners have pointed out. Give the guy a full off-season and training camp next year to really assimilate the system fully and then we start really judging his fat ass...

As for Staley, he is still learning the system too but he is a vet and therefore, I would expect a bit more from him. Let's see how he does after the bye week after the line has some more time to practice the entire playbook.
I thought that A Davis grew a lot as a player in this game, I think his best to date...the future looks good
Share 49ersWebzone