LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I checked out Rosenhaus' website, on the main page he has a twitter feed

T @thehawk38: Special thanx @PatrickWillis52@TakeoSpikes51 my dog parys haralson, moran norris, derrick jonkins,@RosenhausSports best agency in the biz about 6 hours ago

thehawk is Goldson, could Goldson be getting an extension? before V.Davis?

Quote:
mattbarrows: Baalke says Anthony Davis has been at the team facility every day since OTAs ended.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
mattbarrows: Baalke says Anthony Davis has been at the team facility every day since OTAs ended.

dayum
Quote:

and they said his work ethic is bad. this dude is gonna be a beast
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Quote:

if he has the same work ethic after his contract is signed then yes

Beast Mode
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Quote:

if he has the same work ethic after his contract is signed then yes

Beast Mode

The veterans on this team wont allow for anything else. That's the positive aspect in having good talent top down. If the rooks want to play, they'll have to unseat a veteran.
He's on ESPNU right now. Rutgers vs UCF in the St Petersburg bowch. He's looking pretty beastly.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
just curious, are the other Offensive Tackles taken high in the 2010 draft (top 15) kind of struggling like Davis? I just want some comfort that even the best ones (Okung, etc) are struggling as well, and that this is a natural part of the transition to the NFL for OT's.
Originally posted by Shaj:
just curious, are the other Offensive Tackles taken high in the 2010 draft (top 15) kind of struggling like Davis? I just want some comfort that even the best ones (Okung, etc) are struggling as well, and that this is a natural part of the transition to the NFL for OT's.

I hope he's not the only one!

Well...as I recall, the only other OT taken in the top 15 was Okung and he hasn't even signed yet.

As for struggling, outside of QB, OT is the hardest position for a rookie to learn. I'm not even that sure it would be accurate to say "He's struggling".

He's playing like a rookie. RELAX.

Originally posted by Marvin49:

Well...as I recall, the only other OT taken in the top 15 was Okung and he hasn't even signed yet.

As for struggling, outside of QB, OT is the hardest position for a rookie to learn. I'm not even that sure it would be accurate to say "He's struggling".

Ummm... Dude, you forgot Trent Williams.
He is expected to get beat, he's had what? like 5 days of practice as a pro with pads on. How about we focus on the fact that he came in the summer out of shape, realized it and got his a$$ in shape like a pro should. Now he is getting beat by vets... like a rookie should, if he didn't get his butt handed to him right away I would question our defense.

Trent Williams was selected 4th by the redskins. And no word either way from him. He was the most polished (or Bulaga) tackle prospect, but the negative on him was if he was a true LT or just a RT. But 4th pick in the draft is a LT regardless.

And yes, just relax. It even take a full season for him to get comfortable at RT. But that's when we need him to bring it together.

Ummm... Dude, you forgot Trent Williams.

LOL....oops...I forgot the Silverback. My bad.

Still....I don't think we have anything to be concerned about with Davis. We knew he was young and raw and he'd have alot to learn. So far he's what we expected.

Unfortunately he'll be compared to Iupati who is MUCH more likely to come right out of the gate and dominate. The only reason Iupati was selected AFTER Davis is because he's a guard. He will probably be a better pro tho.
Originally posted by 5280High:
He is expected to get beat, he's had what? like 5 days of practice as a pro with pads on. How about we focus on the fact that he came in the summer out of shape, realized it and got his a$$ in shape like a pro should. Now he is getting beat by vets... like a rookie should, if he didn't get his butt handed to him right away I would question our defense.

Agreed.

I remember stories early on with Bryant Young where he was getting schooled by the vets in particular in regards to leverage.

That worked out OK. We all need to relax. We don't know if he's a complete bust or a HOF player. Just sit back and watch.
Share 49ersWebzone