LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is still practice but both rookies seem to be two of the five best o-line players on the team... starters. right?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This is still practice but both rookies seem to be two of the five best o-line players on the team... starters. right?

Yes please
Anthony Davis switches agents

Quote:
Third first-rounder makes an agent change
Posted by Mike Florio on July 1, 2010 9:53 AM ET
Barely two months after the draft, nearly 10 percent of the first-round class has changed agents.

The latest? 49ers tackle Anthony Davis, the 11th overall pick in the draft, has parted ways with Sanat "Sunny" Shah and hired Drew Rosenhaus.

Rosenhaus informed us of the development this morning.

Shah has one other client -- 2009 first-round tackle Eugene Monroe. So the loss of Davis cuts Shah's practice in half.

Davis joins Redskins tackle Trent Williams (fourth overall pick) and Dolphins defensive lineman Jared Odrick (28th overall) as first-rounders who have changed agents. Odrick also hired Rosenhaus; to date, Trent Williams has yet to replace Eugene Parker.

Rosenhaus now has three first-round picks: Davis, Odrick, and Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (15th overall pick).

Given that camps open later this month, some 49ers fans may worry that the late change will result in another holdout, like the bitter dispute the team endured a year ago.

Fear not, San Francisco.

"This won't be a Michael Crabtree situation," Rosenhaus said. "I can assure you that."

Though it's not uncommon for players to profess a desire to sign in time for training camp, it's rare for an agent to do so. (Then again, Rosenhaus didn't say there will be no holdout; he merely said it won't be another situation that drags into the regular season.)

In the end, it could be that Davis simply doesn't want to hold out, and that he realized Shah's other client held out for 12 days last year.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Anthony Davis switches agents

Quote:
Third first-rounder makes an agent change
Posted by Mike Florio on July 1, 2010 9:53 AM ET
Barely two months after the draft, nearly 10 percent of the first-round class has changed agents.

The latest? 49ers tackle Anthony Davis, the 11th overall pick in the draft, has parted ways with Sanat "Sunny" Shah and hired Drew Rosenhaus.

Rosenhaus informed us of the development this morning.

Shah has one other client -- 2009 first-round tackle Eugene Monroe. So the loss of Davis cuts Shah's practice in half.

Davis joins Redskins tackle Trent Williams (fourth overall pick) and Dolphins defensive lineman Jared Odrick (28th overall) as first-rounders who have changed agents. Odrick also hired Rosenhaus; to date, Trent Williams has yet to replace Eugene Parker.

Rosenhaus now has three first-round picks: Davis, Odrick, and Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (15th overall pick).

Given that camps open later this month, some 49ers fans may worry that the late change will result in another holdout, like the bitter dispute the team endured a year ago.

Fear not, San Francisco.

"This won't be a Michael Crabtree situation," Rosenhaus said. "I can assure you that."

Though it's not uncommon for players to profess a desire to sign in time for training camp, it's rare for an agent to do so. (Then again, Rosenhaus didn't say there will be no holdout; he merely said it won't be another situation that drags into the regular season.)

In the end, it could be that Davis simply doesn't want to hold out, and that he realized Shah's other client held out for 12 days last year.

In bold are two points to pay attention to. One, you don't want a Crabtree-type hold out. Two, Davis doesn't want an agent where the only other client held out for nearly two weeks. Seems like a good move.
It's a little late to the post slightly off topic but it seemed like the A-Davis threads were pretty used up... Did anyone watch the interview with Davis on GoldenWarriors that's posted on the homepage. He came across as a little immature to me, first purchase an AMG. To reward himself after a good TRAINING CAMP he would buy himself a four dour Porsche. Seriously. It's way too early to make a call on whether or not he will be able to perform on the field but his demeanor is a concern.
That interview reminded me of the video clip on NFL Network last year with coach Sing saying to himself on the sideline, "Chilo's gonna make me knock him out." If he's anything like Chilo, it will take some time. I not going to draw any conclusions because we simply won't know until the pads go on. And, maybe he was just nervous, trying to goof around for the interview. To me it just seemed like an odd interview, anyone else?
Originally posted by ndrc81:
It's a little late to the post slightly off topic but it seemed like the A-Davis threads were pretty used up... Did anyone watch the interview with Davis on GoldenWarriors that's posted on the homepage. He came across as a little immature to me, first purchase an AMG. To reward himself after a good TRAINING CAMP he would buy himself a four dour Porsche. Seriously. It's way too early to make a call on whether or not he will be able to perform on the field but his demeanor is a concern.
That interview reminded me of the video clip on NFL Network last year with coach Sing saying to himself on the sideline, "Chilo's gonna make me knock him out." If he's anything like Chilo, it will take some time. I not going to draw any conclusions because we simply won't know until the pads go on. And, maybe he was just nervous, trying to goof around for the interview. To me it just seemed like an odd interview, anyone else?

Completely agree bro. I've always said I have a bad feeling about Davis but I do have to cut him some slack because he is only 20. I'll give him 3 years and thats it.
we need him to be good this year... ill think about 3 years from now 3 years from now...
Originally posted by ndrc81:

Werent people saying the same thing about crabtree last season

that crabs was an immature diva?
I don't think he's an immature diva at all. I think he's immature in the sense that he's not a "man". Just watch the video, it was a little odd. He couldn't name five 49ers. I just get the impression he will not be mature enough or prepared enough to excel at the pro level right away. Again, I'm basing this only on the video so I hope I'm wrong. I hope he is able to play immediately because we obviously need him excel. But that interview....
Signs Point to Possible Anthony Davis Deal? -PFT

Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2010 8:27 PM ET
As we wait for the first puff of white smoke that will mark the first first-round rookie deal of the 2010 season, the first whiff of burning incense could be coming from the Bay Area.

Then again, maybe it's simply covering up the smell of the marijuana.

Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area mentioned on his Twitter page that agent Drew Rosenhaus was at the 49ers' facility on Tuesday. Rosenhaus recently signed offensive lineman Anthony Davis, the 11th overall pick in the draft, as a client.

Though Rosenhaus could have been present to discuss business on behalf of other Niners clients, we've previously heard that Davis was closing in on a deal before switching from Sunny Shah to Rosenhaus. So, in theory, it wouldn't take all that long to finalize a contract.

Likewise, first-round deals typically culminate in a face-to-face meeting, with the agent typically making the trek to the team's facility.

So stay tuned. I mean, what else are you doing? Watching the baseball game?

I must admit I am skeptical. I think this had more to do with discussing Navorro Bowman's contract.

Originally posted by PTulini:
Signs Point to Possible Anthony Davis Deal? -PFT

Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2010 8:27 PM ET
As we wait for the first puff of white smoke that will mark the first first-round rookie deal of the 2010 season, the first whiff of burning incense could be coming from the Bay Area.

Then again, maybe it's simply covering up the smell of the marijuana.

Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area mentioned on his Twitter page that agent Drew Rosenhaus was at the 49ers' facility on Tuesday. Rosenhaus recently signed offensive lineman Anthony Davis, the 11th overall pick in the draft, as a client.

Though Rosenhaus could have been present to discuss business on behalf of other Niners clients, we've previously heard that Davis was closing in on a deal before switching from Sunny Shah to Rosenhaus. So, in theory, it wouldn't take all that long to finalize a contract.

Likewise, first-round deals typically culminate in a face-to-face meeting,
with the agent typically making the trek to the team's facility.

So stay tuned. I mean, what else are you doing? Watching the baseball game?

I must admit I am skeptical. I think this had more to do with discussing Navorro Bowman's contract.

Yes but if what's in bold is true then it makes more sense for him to show up to discuss Davis than only Bowman. Who else does he represent, Goldson?
I checked out Rosenhaus' website, on the main page he has a twitter feed

T @thehawk38: Special thanx @PatrickWillis52@TakeoSpikes51 my dog parys haralson, moran norris, derrick jonkins,@RosenhausSports best agency in the biz about 6 hours ago

thehawk is Goldson, could Goldson be getting an extension? before V.Davis?
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

T @thehawk38: Special thanx @PatrickWillis52@TakeoSpikes51 my dog parys haralson, moran norris, derrick jonkins,@RosenhausSports best agency in the biz about 6 hours ago

AD...Just show us a Sign.......ing
Originally posted by teeohh:

I hope not, I'm still not sure how good he really is.
Share 49ersWebzone