There are 194 users in the forums

Who will have the most dangerous receiving corps in the NFC west in 2010?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will have the most dangerous receiving corps in the NFC west in 2010?

Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Fitzgerald & Breston will still be better than Crabtree & whoever else.

For the WR's yes, but when TE is thrown into the mix it tilts the pendulum back toward the Niners.

Ginn may not get many catches as a WR, but if he creates better field position and / or opens up the middle with sideline fly routes, it can create a lot of field for the Receiving Corps to work with.
I don't know, but I like the duo of Donnie Avery and Danny Amendola in St. Louis.
Originally posted by djutberg:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Fitzgerald & Breston will still be better than Crabtree & whoever else.

For the WR's yes, but when TE is thrown into the mix it tilts the pendulum back toward the Niners.

Ginn may not get many catches as a WR, but if he creates better field position and / or opens up the middle with sideline fly routes, it can create a lot of field for the Receiving Corps to work with.

And Fitz & breast needs a QB to get them the ball.
49ers. we have VD crabs morgan walker and gore as a receiving threat. cards only have fitz. id take MORE good receivers than one great one.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
Previously a thread was created questioning if the 49ers had a better receiving duo (Crabtree & Davis) than Arizona (Fitzgerald & Breaston).

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139208&highlight=recieving%20duo

The reactions were mixed so now that we have added Ginn I would like to ask who has the most dangerous overall receiving corps currently. Ginn made it clear that Singletary and himself had not yet discussed what his roll will be in the receiver position so this thread will be operation under the assumption his roll will be significant. I understand Ginn is not necessarily a very dangerous threat by himself but his ability to stretch the field with his impressive speed should open things up significantly for our star skill position players.

haha whoops I was extremely hung over when I wrote this
When you talk 49ers receivers, you have to include Vernon Davis.

And with Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, etc. we should have the most "dangerous" group in the NFC West.

• Pick6
  • Veteran
Losing Boldin and Warner will be huge blows to the Cards this year. Fitz had just over 1000 yards and Breaston just over 700. I expect the same this year. Without Boldin to take away coverage, and the incredible accuracy of Warner Arizona will be a mediocre passing team at best - they were 12th in pass ypg last year. If your looking strictly at numbers the 9ers will win this one hands down. Will Crabtree and Davis combine for 1700 yards? I say absolutely.

Last year the Card's with Warner and Boldin threw for roughly 1000 more yards and 4 more TD's (Boldin - 1024 yds 4 tds) than the 9ers who were playing without Crabtree for a large part of the season, Smith who missed the first part of the year and Gore missed some time as well. How much better will the 9ers be this year with Smith, Crabtree, Davis, Morgan, Gore etc. healthy and playing all year long? PLUS a full year of working together?

I think the numbers from last year between the 9ers and Cards will be reversed... SF 4000 yds 30 tds.... Ariz 3000 yds 20tds.
As far as Arizona having the BEST 1 WR then that definitely goes to Arizona, unless Crabtree can put a few BEAT seasons together and show the NFL hes a top WR.. But as a whole, and depth.. Id honestly take... SF with Crabs, Davis, Morgan, Hill, Ginn, Jones, Walker
As much as it pains me to say this - any WR corp that starts with Fitzgerald wins hands down.

That said - in a what came first the chicken or egg - scenario, it remains to be seen how a diminished talent at QB will affect his overall production. I find it hard to believe however that Leinart cannot be atleast equal to Smith, thus making all things equal and ulitmately giving the edge to the Cardinals.
we have the more talented recieving corps period. we got a bruiser mid yardage (boldin)type in crabtree, morgan got hops and good speed, a real fast threat in ginn and this guy named VERNON. Unfortunatly being fast and talented isnt enough in this league. WR are a sum of their parts sooooo??? Alex you gonna get them some stats and Oline are you gonna give the guy time to throw it??????

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
fitz is arguably the best wr in the league and vernon is arguably the best TE in the league, so they kinda cancel each other out. maybe the real question is: Crabs, Morgan, Ginn or Breaston, Doucet?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Davis and Fitz cancel each other out, even if we assume Davis is the best TE in the league, just because I think WRs traditionally have more of an impact in the receiving game than TEs.

I like the 49ers WR corp. for the first time in a long time and with the addition of Ginn as a returner and potential deep threat it should be exciting. If Warner was still AZ's QB then I'd say they'd have the edge but without him I think Fitz is the only lock to get his numbers this year.
fitz and breston.

at some point people will notice vd just runs a streak up the middle, and that will stop all those easy td passes he got last year.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
fitz and breston.

at some point people will notice vd just runs a streak up the middle, and that will stop all those easy td passes he got last year.

There's no way teams wouldn't have taken notice after the 3TD's against the Texans and they still couldn't stop him he's just too fast and athletic!
The question was about receiving corps, not who has the best single wideout. We have a better set overall, VD scored as many TD's as Fitz in a position that usually scores fewer. I do not see Leinart or Anderson being even half as good as Warner was. Hell Leinart seems to have his priorities out of whack. I am glad he decided to stay in school one more year, I would seriously hate if he was our QB.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
fitz and breston.

Dangerous = Fitz... Any receiver that you can just throw it up to and expect him to come down with it wins hands down.

However we do have the most potential, Crabtree attacks the ball similarly to Fitz and could start to come into his own. I would take VD over Breaston now that Breaston wont be going against nickel backs anymore. Hopefully we wont need Ginn as a receiver but Im not against putting him on the field for reverses and fades, but thats about all the use he has.

We just need Morgan to keep progressing....
Share 49ersWebzone