LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Where Do You Want The Niner Stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lake Tahoe
Originally posted by Draftology:
I'd definitely prefer it to be in SF, but out of the realistic options I'd pick Santa Clara

Well the City is realistic.

THe Yorks feel snubbed. And honestly you can't blame them.

Cause when Eddie still owned the team it was passed. When they took over every mayor of SF ran a campaign to put a halt to whatever the Yorks proposed. Which to me is crap. The Yorks have spent MILLIONS on the necessary licenses and studies involved to get a Stadium built there. Gavin's Gestapo wanted something for nothing and it came back and bit him in his azz.

I sense that the Yorks are STILL open to building a stadium where it belongs but they won't soon forget how they were treated. Previous owners(of other franchises et al AL) would have sold and moved on or taken the team to the first viable area that welcomed them with open arms. If it were Modesto, Stockton or Lodi you KNOW we'd already HAVE a Stadium built.

But this is one reason why I get a little perturbed when people talk out their butts about the Yorks'. Yes they stole the team from Eddie. But they paid him for it(not that it makes up for the first part) and they've done EVERYTHING that a fan could expect from the owner of that team. Including taking a huge loss on studies and zoning plans etc.

Is it likely the team stays put? Who knows. I do know there are plenty of spots for the team in the city though.

Oh and no. No Kezar. I mean you may as well try building a Stadium at the Polo Grounds or in Golden Gate Park. The hue and cry would be deafening.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM ]
  • SacTownNiner88
  • Info N/A
Sactown, CA
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I'd definitely prefer it to be in SF, but out of the realistic options I'd pick Santa Clara

Cause when Eddie still owned the team it was passed. When they took over every mayor of SF ran a campaign to put a halt to whatever the Yorks proposed. Which to me is crap. The Yorks have spent MILLIONS on the necessary licenses and studies involved to get a Stadium built there. Gavin's Gestapo wanted something for nothing and it came back and bit him in his azz.

I sense that the Yorks are STILL open to building a stadium where it belongs but they won't soon forget how they were treated. Previous owners(of other franchises et al AL) would have sold and moved on or taken the team to the first viable area that welcomed them with open arms. If it were Modesto, Stockton or Lodi you KNOW we'd already HAVE a Stadium built.

But this is one reason why I get a little perturbed when people talk out their butts about the Yorks'. Yes they stole the team from Eddie. But they paid him for it(not that it makes up for the first part) and they've done EVERYTHING that a fan could expect from the owner of that team. Including taking a huge loss on studies and zoning plans etc.

Is it likely the team stays put? Who knows. I do know there are plenty of spots for the team in the city though.

Oh and no. No Kezar. I mean you may as well try building a Stadium at the Polo Grounds or in Golden Gate Park. The hue and cry would be deafening.

~Ceadder

*facepalm*

Polo Grounds was in NY, perhaps you meant Seals Stadium?...and kezar is in GGP. but i agree, it would never happen.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

~Ceadder

*facepalm*

Polo Grounds was in NY, perhaps you meant Seals Stadium?...and kezar is in GGP. but i agree, it would never happen.

*Double Face Palm*

Polo Fields, Polo Grounds, Seals Stadium... how fine you want to shave that C hair to make fun at my expense? You couldn't just let it go? You gotta correct me on the verbage?

~Ceadder
I'd prefer they stay at a refurbished 'stick, in an ideal world, but as long as they don't change the team name I really don't care if they move somewhere else in Nor Cal. The fact is that no matter where they move they're probably going to charge ridiculous PSL like every other team, and raise already exorbitant ticket prices, so its not like I'm going to be going to the games every weekend.
Build it on Treasure Island.

~Ceadder
The only options in SF are too far from the freeway so there will still be a HUGE traffic problem. The Santa Clara Site is two minutes from the freeway. Except for the fact it's not in SF, it's perfect.
Where they belong... SAN FRANCISCO!!!
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Hunter's Point or Candlestick Point

Yes, absolutely...!

Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Hunter's Point or Candlestick Point
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Yo Mama's house!

are you really a doctor and 72?
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Santa Clara is too violent.They should stay put

Because there is no violence in SF???
Why doesn't Apple or Google build us a stadium?or help us a little !!It would be state of the art
Why not play at Stanford for a year or two while we tear down and rebuild candlestick? Their capacity's what? 50,000? that's not too bad. They'll make up the lost profit in no time when they bust out that shiny new stadium.

Didn't the Seahawks play at Husky Stadium for a while?
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:24 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone