LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

TED GINN JR.'S NEW JERSEY # SHOULD BE???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TED GINN JR.'S NEW JERSEY # SHOULD BE???

Originally posted by adrenaline:
Regular season! May thou come with swift of feet!

*fixed*

thou = 2nd person singular nominative/subjective (archaic)

thee = 2nd person singular objective (archaic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou
A tread was actually made for this
A # in the 80s wouldnt fit across his body, so ergo he has to at least have one 1 in there.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I agree that is looks odd when a reciever wears a jersey in the teens. Im used to the old school where all recievers had numbers in the 80's. However as long as they produce on the field I could really care less what number they have, I didnt like Crabtree's #15 at first, but now I hope he keeps it, since I just got my Crabtree jersey in the mail yesterday.

I think Crabs wears #15 because that's how many Touchdowns he expects to score each year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
What ever number makes him catch footballs.

THIS!
Only in Niner Talk will you find the question of a player's jersey number in all caps with triple punctuation.

ZOMG!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I doubt he changes from 19...

-9fA

Yes

-swl
Originally posted by jreff22:
A tread was actually made for this
I could honestly give two s**ts what his number is just don't fumble.
Have him wear #83 as in JJ Stokes. He already has the bust part down.

Seriously though he should keep the same number.

Originally posted by E-49er:

He also has the fumbling part down (Arnaz Battle)
Originally posted by marshniners24:
A # in the 80s wouldnt fit across his body, so ergo he has to at least have one 1 in there.

yea.... ergo
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by E-49er:

He also has the fumbling part down (Arnaz Battle)

And the Speed of Renaldo Nehemiah
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Are numbers really that serious to you guys? It really doesn't matter to me and since we are on the subject of numbers, I still believe that the only WR jersey that should be retired on the Niners team should be Jerry Rice. IMO Dwight Clark doesn't deserve the right for his number to be retired, and I think John Taylor did more things for the team than Dwight Clark

you mean other than making one of the greatest catches in NFL history that launched an 18 year dynasty in which the team won 5 super bowls?

dwight clark was responsible for that, and he was a great WR. i dont get why you dont think he deserves it...he doesnt make that catch, where would things have gone for us?

as far as Ginn's number goes, he was 19 in Miami, and 19 is available.....why are we having this big heated debate about it? hes going to just wear 19 again.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Jersey numbers are a big deal to some players.

When I first played football I was just given a number 33 didn’t have a choice. In 10th grade I wore 80 but for Varsity it was taken so I took 82

Origin of jersey numbers started with baseball when the starting 8 players wore 1-8 backup catcher had 9 starting pitchers had 10-12 and 14 (not many used unlucky 13) and the backups got 15-26

A lot of numbers are picked from superstition like avoiding 13 maybe a lucky number or a favorite player is the reason.

You can tell a lot about a person from how they handle their jersey number. We would have to know how he came about picking 19? Not a normal WR number so I assume he requested it.

Why didn’t Joe stick with 16 why did Jerry have to have 80?
Share 49ersWebzone