LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

TED GINN JR.'S NEW JERSEY # SHOULD BE???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TED GINN JR.'S NEW JERSEY # SHOULD BE???

unavailable:

80 = untouchable, soon to be retired (Jerry Rice)
81 = Brandon Jones
84 = Josh Morgan
85 = Vernon Davis
86 = Brian Jennings
87 = retired (Dwight Clark)
89 = Jason Hill
11 = Alex Smith
12 = retired (John Brodie)
15 = Michael Crabtree
16 = retired (Joe Montana)
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Apr 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM ]
I'm tired of Receivers wearing QB/ST numbers. #88 is the number that Ginn should be wearing and #82 is the number that Tree should be wearing.

How many WR togs are retired anyway? Clark's # is retired right? So why can't we get all our WRs' in the eights and be done with it already. Rice's might as well be retired. Nobody is going to wear it ever again unless he or his future generations give the okee dokee on it. So that leaves 7 numbers eligible to be worn. Hand em out and THEN if there is no more only then should a WR not be wearing the proper numbers.

That's the position I played in school and I wore #85. And no this is not a nostalgia rant.

~Ceadder
I doubt he changes from 19...

-9fA
80!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I'm tired of Receivers wearing QB/ST numbers. #88 is the number that Ginn should be wearing and #82 is the number that Tree should be wearing.
How many WR togs are retired anyway? Clark's # is retired right? So why can't we get all our WRs' in the eights and be done with it already. Rice's might as well be retired. Nobody is going to wear it ever again unless he or his future generations give the okee dokee on it. So that leaves 7 numbers eligible to be worn. Hand em out and THEN if there is no more only then should a WR not be wearing the proper numbers.

That's the position I played in school and I wore #85. And no this is not a nostalgia rant.

~Ceadder

Don't know why he'd change his number, but I'm also a fan of our receivers sticking with numbers in the 80's.
I agree that is looks odd when a reciever wears a jersey in the teens. Im used to the old school where all recievers had numbers in the 80's. However as long as they produce on the field I could really care less what number they have, I didnt like Crabtree's #15 at first, but now I hope he keeps it, since I just got my Crabtree jersey in the mail yesterday.
Most likely he stays 19....
Oh yeah... WTH is Brian Jennings doing wearing a Receivers number? He's a LONG SNAPPER, i.e. Center. He should be wearing a 60-70 number. Now see he's worn that number for a long time, so I just can't wait for him to retire. I don't expect him to change it. But our young guys who haven't put significant time on the field in the teen numbers even though they don't play in that unit should have no issues changing up.

~Ceadder
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Oh yeah... WTH is Brian Jennings doing wearing a Receivers number? He's a LONG SNAPPER, i.e. Center. He should be wearing a 60-70 number. Now see he's worn that number for a long time, so I just can't wait for him to retire. I don't expect him to change it. But our young guys who haven't put significant time on the field in the teen numbers even though they don't play in that unit should have no issues changing up.

~Ceadder

He came into the league as a LS/TE player.

Are numbers really that serious to you guys? It really doesn't matter to me and since we are on the subject of numbers, I still believe that the only WR jersey that should be retired on the Niners team should be Jerry Rice. IMO Dwight Clark doesn't deserve the right for his number to be retired, and I think John Taylor did more things for the team than Dwight Clark

~Ceadder

Didn't Jennings start out as a TE?
82 as a tribute to John Taylor our last KR threat!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Most likely he stays 19....
Share 49ersWebzone