LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 193 users in the forums

Our Plan B if we miss the playoffs again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Depends on why we didn't make the Playoffs; however, I bet it would include several excuses as to why Alex was not given a fair shot and should be re-signed...
  • friscofan
  • Info N/A
Don't get me wrong, I would love to get to the Super Bowl this year but I'll be have just to get past the 1st round of the playoffs. This year is made for us to make it so I don't even want to think about a plan B!
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
My Dad knows some of the front office and hears things are a mess. Apparently Andy Dolich (the exec that was let go) is still hanging around complaining and giving his opinion to anyone who will listen. I hope York Jr. has been calling his uncle for tips.

I know they are in the process of a complete Front Office restructuring, so it will be interesting to see how the dust settles. From what I have heard, the recent changes are not the only ones coming.

I would just love to see an old ball coach step in a role a la Parcells in Miami. I think that is exactly what our team needs.

If this season fails I see a full coaching change come in. Someone more experienced like a Denny Green or Bill Cowher. I also see the team going all out on it too. I will give little York one thing...He seems determined to turn this around.

I am excited about the potential but scared about next season.

Jed has 2 possibly conflicting goals: win and also financially position the club properly with the uncertainty of the stadium vote and a probable lock-out for the 2011 season (no new CBA).

Jed is cutting costs in the front office right now. Don't expect new hirings or promotions until some of the following occur. The new stadium must pass in the June 2010 election in Santa Clara. That provides the vehicle for financing and non-football spending, related to the new stadium.

But don't expect a fully beefed-up football staff until the CBA issue is resolved and it is determined that there will be a 2011 season. This may take until March of 2011 to be determined. Jed does not want to be paying a bunch of front office types when there is likely to be no revenue coming in.

Like many (pasodoc, etc), count me among those who believe that a savvy, Parcels-like HOFO is going to have to be part of the equation before this club wins another Super Bowl. But those guys, and their minions, are expensive. Jed won't be making such a hiring move anytime soon.

As for Dolich bad-mouthing things, Jed needs to learn how to look a more senior guy in the eye and tell him (politely) to take a hike and not come back. (Don't do it by email or have some subordinate relay a message. Do it personally. Be a leader).
[ Edited by jimbagg on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by oregondave:
John Gruden.

But then again he should already be our HC, so that probably means that the Yorks are just too cheap to hire an elite NFL HC.

who said gruden is an elite HC? i dont see him as being elite

He won a SB, that's enough to make him an elite HC.

Not taking anything away from what he did with Oakland, but he inherited the Buc's dominant defense from Dungy. Dungy had 3 playoff appearances straight before being released and replaced with Gruden. Gruden even thanked him when they won the super bowl. Oh and after they win the Super Bowl they have 2 losing seasons. 3/7 years were losing seasons.
[ Edited by Youngone on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM ]
heroin addiction.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by oregondave:
John Gruden.

But then again he should already be our HC, so that probably means that the Yorks are just too cheap to hire an elite NFL HC.

who said gruden is an elite HC? i dont see him as being elite

He won a SB, that's enough to make him an elite HC.

Not taking anything away from what he did with Oakland, but he inherited the Buc's dominant defense from Dungy. Dungy had 3 playoff appearances straight before being released and replaced with Gruden. Gruden even thanked him when they won the super bowl. Oh and after they win the Super Bowl they have 2 losing seasons. 3/7 years were losing seasons.

Dungy built not only the defense, but most of the offense as well -- they had a very good OL and a good running game to boot. The Dunn/Alstott tandem was extremely entertaining.
Share 49ersWebzone