There are 163 users in the forums

Our Plan B if we miss the playoffs again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
My Dad knows some of the front office and hears things are a mess. Apparently Andy Dolich (the exec that was let go) is still hanging around complaining and giving his opinion to anyone who will listen. I hope York Jr. has been calling his uncle for tips.

I know they are in the process of a complete Front Office restructuring, so it will be interesting to see how the dust settles. From what I have heard, the recent changes are not the only ones coming.

I would just love to see an old ball coach step in a role a la Parcells in Miami. I think that is exactly what our team needs.

If this season fails I see a full coaching change come in. Someone more experienced like a Denny Green or Bill Cowher. I also see the team going all out on it too. I will give little York one thing...He seems determined to turn this around.

I am excited about the potential but scared about next season.

So your dad could be the janitor?

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 17, 2010 at 11:51 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

this

well, thats what'll happen to niner talk anyway.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
My Dad knows some of the front office and hears things are a mess. Apparently Andy Dolich (the exec that was let go) is still hanging around complaining and giving his opinion to anyone who will listen. I hope York Jr. has been calling his uncle for tips.

I know they are in the process of a complete Front Office restructuring, so it will be interesting to see how the dust settles. From what I have heard, the recent changes are not the only ones coming.

I would just love to see an old ball coach step in a role a la Parcells in Miami. I think that is exactly what our team needs.

If this season fails I see a full coaching change come in. Someone more experienced like a Denny Green or Bill Cowher. I also see the team going all out on it too. I will give little York one thing...He seems determined to turn this around.

lots of people will be out of a job
Alex Smith has got to go if we don't make the playoffs. He is surrounded by talent, has an entire off-season to prepare, and has the same offensive coordinator. Not to mention, Anquan Boldin and Kurt Warner are gone. The 49ers are the favorites, and it will be an extreme disapointment if they don't make the playoffs.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex Smith has got to go if we don't make the playoffs. He is surrounded by talent, has an entire off-season to prepare, and has the same offensive coordinator. Not to mention, Anquan Boldin and Kurt Warner are gone. The 49ers are the favorites, and it will be an extreme disapointment if they don't make the playoffs.

If Smith fails he'll deserve everything he gets, but even Smith is gonna have to be a complete retard to FUBAR this up; seeing all the talent/potential draft picks we might bring to the o-line/backfield.

We're literally in auto-pilot, and all we're missing is an Ace to fly the ship!
I could see Singletary possibly fired depending upon by how much we miss the playoffs. If it comes down to the last week and tie breakers etc. I think York retains him.

Agreed with above, I do think Baalke is auditioning for his role. But if we miss the playoffs by a big margin, then I think he could be on his way out as well.

Same goes for Alex Smith imo.

I just hope that if we do fail next season, someone like Gruden or Cowher wants to coach again.

-9fA

Well, he's not surrounded by talent yet! Right now, just to remind you, we have the same ratsh1t line we had last season. So when the season starts we may have, perhaps, a rookie RT and a rookie guard. Hopefully they will be early picks but they will still be rookies. Best we can hope for is picking up a FA guard, but since the re-signing of Simms I can't see us spending out on a FA tackle as well.

Surrounded by talent. Not.

Surrounded by potential? Hopefully, yes.

I know the word potential gets a bad reaction on this board, but this is how you build through the draft.

And what will be our Plan B? Same as Plan A. We have a young team. Keep developing it. Try to tie up players as their contracts start to run out. Regarding Smith or Singletary I think it will depend on why the season bombed. If it is down to injuries or the D flies to pieces, hopefully the owners won't follow the webzone's advice and cut Smith. If the problem is related to the O I think Raye's position may be in doubt.
I will shoot myself in the mouth and then blow a big hole through my face... And then go to the emergency room and look like a fool for not being able to kill myself properly.

This is the first season in about 6 years that I actually feel pretty optimistic about our chances at the postseason. The last few seasons, I felt that the Niners had made strides in certain areas at becoming better, but still not quite a playoff team, however with the talent that we have acquired over the last few seasons, finally having consistency with the coaching staff, and not having a losing season last year are signs that point to a team becoming a playoff team. It's going to come down to whether or not this team is ready and capable of making that next step that takes us from a mediocre 8-8 team to a consistent 10-6 or better team.

Yep, if Smiths continues his inconsistent performances this season, he should not be resigned in the off, and we should be positioning ourselves to draft a QB next year.
Well also have to consider the circumstances if we do miss the playoffs.

If we get hit with the injury bug and lose key players for significant amount of time than I can be a little more forgiving if we miss playoffs.

But there is absolutely no reason if the team stays relatively healthy to not make the playoffs. The team will be as talented as it ever has been, the division isn't tough at all, and we're not going into the offseason installing a new offense in addition to settling on a starting QB (like him or hate him) who'll get all the 1st team reps with all the weapons in camp. There is no reason for the team not to make the playoffs and if they don't there will be some very serious reflections that will need to be made.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Well also have to consider the circumstances if we do miss the playoffs.

If we get hit with the injury bug and lose key players for significant amount of time than I can be a little more forgiving if we miss playoffs.

But there is absolutely no reason if the team stays relatively healthy to not make the playoffs. The team will be as talented as it ever has been, the division isn't tough at all, and we're not going into the offseason installing a new offense in addition to settling on a starting QB (like him or hate him) who'll get all the 1st team reps with all the weapons in camp. There is no reason for the team not to make the playoffs and if they don't there will be some very serious reflections that will need to be made.

"as talented as it has ever been." How about adding "recently." Other than that, yeah.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

lmfao thats what i was thinking
Share 49ersWebzone