There are 239 users in the forums

49ers Positioning Themselves To Trade Back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
That's exactly what I think it is. It's really a smart move because moving down 10 picks and getting a extra 2nd or 3rd round pick would be great. It can really help us get all of our needs.
Trade back get Devin McCourty
I'm on the trade down wagon. If the guy we want isn't there, then trade down and fill more spots
I'm hoping it's all news to stir up the draft. I don't really want to see Clausen in a Niners jersey. Don't get me wrong, he has the skills and the potential of a good QB, he just doesn't have the "it" factor. He couldn't win games in college with some good talent around him.

~Dann~
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
I don't know about you guys, but I think the Niners leaked fake interest in Clausen to entice a trade for one of their picks. Creating a market for their picks so they can hopefully trade back with one of them. I think this is incredibly smart. If we can trade back in the 1st and get an extra pick, go for it. 17th Pick, 25th or so Pick, and an extra 2nd or 3rd? Hell yea. If this truely is a smoke and mirrors thing, I applaud Baalke. Smart move.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/16/roundup-49ers-reportedly-have-interest-in-clausen/

thats exactly what i think, or, theyre trying to make someone pick players they have no interest in before them so better players fall down. draft "insider info" is usually released by teams on purpose to stir up the draft. baalke is playing it like a seasoned vet. im definitely a fan of his so far. its nice to have a GM who goes after things we need in a sooner rather than later sort of way.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't know about you guys, but I think the Niners leaked fake interest in Clausen to entice a trade for one of their picks. Creating a market for their picks so they can hopefully trade back with one of them. I think this is incredibly smart. If we can trade back in the 1st and get an extra pick, go for it. 17th Pick, 25th or so Pick, and an extra 2nd or 3rd? Hell yea. If this truely is a smoke and mirrors thing, I applaud Baalke. Smart move.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/16/roundup-49ers-reportedly-have-interest-in-clausen/

I don't think Baalke or our front office is that smart

Yes -- totally agree. One team I could see trading up is Minnesota. I think Favre will come back for one more year, and Clausen can sit behind him in '10 and take over in '11...perfect scenario.

In order to pull off the trade, the Vikes would send us the #30, #62, and their 2011 1st round pick in exchange for the #13 and our 4th rounder. Another option is that we only send them the #13, but they send us their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and their 2nd rounder in 2011.

Personally, I would like the #1 in '11. That way, we have the ammo to move up for a QB if Alex Smith flops this year -- 2011 will be a super QB class.
Originally posted by susweel:

How can anyone judge Baalke's intelligence or performance based on one month?
I for one choose to be optimistic, and have been encouraged by his actions up to this point.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pinehill:
Originally posted by susweel:

How can anyone judge Baalke's intelligence or performance based on one month?
I for one choose to be optimistic, and have been encouraged by his actions up to this point.

Yorks usually dont hire very smart people.

But so far so good for Baalke, I was encouraged by the Ginn trade.

However I am careful to bust out the anointing oil just yet.
I hope it's this, I would love to be able to trade down from #13 and pick up another 1st rounder in the 20's and another 2nd rounder. we don't need to get haden or williams/bulaga when a.davis is going to be there at 17 and kyle wilson will last into the 20's and so will one of the top passrushers. In the 2nd round we could get a G and a DL.

Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
stop me if im wrong but if we were faking intrest in claussen isnt that positioning another team to trade in front of us to take him rather than us trading back?

No I think they're doing it because if he falls to 13 then teams will be calling us to offer a trade. Maybe moving back a couple spaces but we could end up picking up a second this year and a 1st or 2nd next year.

If teams do end up calling us i doubt that we would trade for next years first or second. 49ers jumped the deal when panthers traded their frist for a defensive end. how many teams do you think actually trade for next years pick twice in a row. I believe if we do trade down i will be from 20th pick to 27th pick and a possibe second of third pick next year. i also think that the only way we would actually give up one of our first picks is becuase of player contracts and who we decide and can afford next year
[ Edited by skitzofrenic on Apr 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
stop me if im wrong but if we were faking intrest in claussen isnt that positioning another team to trade in front of us to take him rather than us trading back?

yup, i think theyre trying to get teams to jump the gun on players we have no interest in so better players fall to us. baalke did the same thing with spiller, another player who we wont draft, especially with the ginn signing

Good call on Baalke hyping Spiller. Hopefully someone still grabs him in the top 12.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Yes -- totally agree. One team I could see trading up is Minnesota. I think Favre will come back for one more year, and Clausen can sit behind him in '10 and take over in '11...perfect scenario.

In order to pull off the trade, the Vikes would send us the #30, #62, and their 2011 1st round pick in exchange for the #13 and our 4th rounder. Another option is that we only send them the #13, but they send us their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and their 2nd rounder in 2011.

Personally, I would like the #1 in '11. That way, we have the ammo to move up for a QB if Alex Smith flops this year -- 2011 will be a super QB class.[/qu

I don't know if the Vikes would be willing to mortgage that much of their future for Clausen. Yeah they need a QB but I think the Vikes are comfident they have a team that can win now and will probably go the free agent route to replace Favre eventually.
The Smoke Generators are going Full throttle.
Share 49ersWebzone