LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Who's faster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's faster?

if u put them both on a track, id havta say ginn
Originally posted by cools:
Ginn was a track star, and prob has more training regarding getting a good start and fundamentals of sprinting, notice how steady his head is on many of those highlight reel plays

With Pads on Jackson may be faster, but they are both serious burners

Ginn sure runs like a sprinter, slightly forward, head straight.

Needs to tuck in the football - seems to invite defenders to knock the ball out of his hands,
Ginn is faster but Jackson is a burner too. Ginn will help us so much as a KR/PR and as a 3rd or 4th wr that can go deep and burn anyone.....see the NYJ game where he burned Revis and 2 others (i've never seen Revis beat that bad) so we will be in great shape with Ginn.....i thought he was worth a 4th...great job by the GM

this video made me even more excited about the trade. you cant really compare speeds unless they had a footrace, but who cares? we now have a burner returner.
After watching his youtube highlights, I am impressed with how quick he gets to top speed. Now if we could only teach him to catch...
Originally posted by hitman_42:
If you look at the wikipedia page for both players:
"At the 2008 NFL Combine, Jackson had an impressive showing, running an official 4.35 40-yard dash"
---------------------------
"After having to bypass the field drills at the 2007 NFL combine and Ohio State's official pro day due to a lingering foot injury suffered in the 2007 BCS Title Game, Ginn reportedly ran between 4.37 and 4.45 in a private workout for NFL Scouts held on April 12, 2007 [5]. Preceding the workout it was reported that a healthy Ginn had been timed as low as 4.28 in individual team drills during his tenure at Ohio State. In addition, in a 2007 interview with Stack Magazine while discussing his own personal improvement in the 40 yard dash, Ginn himself suggests that he had been timed at a personal best of 4.22 in the 40 yard dash."

"As a junior, he became the national champion in the 110 high hurdles and recorded the best time in the nation as a senior when he won the state title for the second consecutive year.
As a senior in High School, he ran 7.44 in the 55 meter high hurdles, 7.98 in the 60 meter high hurdles, 13.26 (+2.8 wind rating) and 13.40 (-1.2 wind rating) in the 110 meter high hurdles, 21.16 in the 200 meter dash (+0.0 wind rating), 46.57 in the 400 meter dash, and 36.73 in the 300 meter intermediate hurdles. He has been unofficially timed at 10.02 seconds in the 100 meter dash and 4.20 seconds in the 40 yard dash"

"OSU track coach Russ Rogers recruited Ginn to run track, believing that he could qualify for the 2008 Olympics"

What you are not telling here is Ginn had a severly sprained ankle from the nation championship game. He was not at full speed. At full speed at least in a straight line DJax and Ginn are roughly similar for speed.
Originally posted by Niners99:

this video made me even more excited about the trade. you cant really compare speeds unless they had a footrace, but who cares? we now have a burner returner.

Wow, Really? Those are NFL players he's running way from. Kwame won't be playing special teams so we may have a chance at a respectable return game this season. Yay.
Ted Ginn ran a 4.28 at the combine
DeSean Jackson ran a 4.35 at the combine

DeSean is a better receiver, football player, and more elusive
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Who's faster? Balmer or Ginn?

on turf or grass??

Two different types of speed there's quick like jackson and fast like ginny pig

Share 49ersWebzone