LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Some serious speed here!
posted by KowboyKiller Apr 16, 2010 at 11:14:16

Don't know what happened the other thread where I was going to post this, but I wanted to talk about what Ted Ginn might bring us as a WR. He has elite speed and seems like he could be a good complement to Crabtree, Davis and Morgan as someone who could get up the field FAST and take defenders away from them.

Is there anyone on this board who has watched him play and can tell us what he brings us as a WR? Can he be a legitimate #3 that stretches the field and makes everyone else's job easier? The people on the Dolphin's board seem convinced he would be even a good #2 for Crabtree.

ESPN mentioned he had the 4th highest drop% in the NFL which concerns me, and is known for avoiding contact which I think Singletary would not have a difficult time correcting by getting on his ass a little bit, but the drops?

He did have almost 800 yards in 08, but has only had 5 receiving TDs in his career, and never more than 2 a year. Can he actually make an impact on offense?
Brilliant move! To get a proven return man for a 5th round pick? And locked up for 3 years at reasonable salaries? WOW!!

This is the kind of move McCloughan would never have pulled off. Great work Baalke!
YES!!! My anti-jinx in the "Ted Ginn Jr. News" thread worked.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just noticed a technical difficulty

merging threads deletes them

please proceed

It's ok. We were all noob-Mods at one point.

I was like what the heck is going on... DAVID!!!!!!

So is it safe to post in this thread?

I posted the tricks to gaining wealth, fame and hot chicks in the last one...now those secrets are forever lost.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81791788&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Great move, a 5th for Ginn, a great return guy who also can stretch the field as a reciever. Win, win situation.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
If he can catch better, he will be out own D Jackson light. It took Vernon about 4 years to learn how to catch.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

please proceed

I posted the tricks to gaining wealth, fame and hot chicks in the last one...now those secrets are forever lost.

For a 5th round pick getting one of the best returners in the league is an absolute steal. He still can go deep as a WR too. He's not a physical contact type of WR but I wouldn't hesitate to use him as a deep threat from time to time. Other teams still have to respect his blazing speed.

This is the first and only offseason move I've seen that makes sense.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

please proceed

I missed those tricks

please proceed

proceed...if any new Ginn threads come up I will just lock them instead of merging them.

Who posted the first ginn thread? so I can give him the credit Jakemall lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

please proceed

proceed...if any new Ginn threads come up I will just lock them instead of merging them.

Who posted the first ginn thread? so I can give him the credit Jakemall lol

I think you deleted him
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For a 5th round pick getting one of the best returners in the league is an absolute steal. He still can go deep as a WR too. He's not a physical contact type of WR but I wouldn't hesitate to use him as a deep threat from time to time. Other teams still have to respect his blazing speed.

This is the first and only offseason move I've seen that makes sense.

For us, or anybody?
Share 49ersWebzone