LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Do you think McCloughan could have pulled off a 5th Rnd Pk trade like Baalke's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think McCloughan could have pulled off a 5th Rnd Pk trade like Baalke's?

No he wouldn't have even looked into this trade.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
fck scotty mac. patrick willis was a no-brainer pick for us.

Except some of the decision makers didn't want to pick him. Hate Scott if you like to, but he did make some pretty good picks sometimes.
McCloughan was about 50/50. For every Willis there was a Lawson, for every Franklin there was a Balmer, for every Staley there was a Jennings, etc.
  • evil
  • Veteran
If he was interested in Josh Cribbs to improve our return game then why wouldn't he have been interested in Ted Ginn ?

Got to love the grudges you guys hold against Scotty.
Originally posted by vermonator:
McCloughan was about 50/50. For every Willis there was a Lawson, for every Franklin there was a Balmer, for every Staley there was a Jennings, etc.

nicely said
Baalke wakes up everyday and pisses excellence
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Except some of the decision makers didn't want to pick him. Hate Scott if you like to, but he did make some pretty good picks sometimes.

[ Edited by TlSSER on Apr 17, 2010 at 12:41 PM ]

A no-brainer in retrospect perhaps.
At the time, the board was highly divided with many strongly in support of Adam Carriker. Scotty M. had to personally convince Sing of Willis's value. At the time, I don't recall many predicting the Home Run that the pick has become.
Originally posted by pinehill:

At the time, the board was highly divided with many strongly in support of Adam Carriker. Scotty M. had to personally convince Sing of Willis's value. At the time, I don't recall many predicting the Home Run that the pick has become.

touche
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pinehill:

You really think Singletary and Nolan one hall of fame linebacker and a defensive coach had to be convinced to take Willis or do you think that was a great spin on the story to make Scotty look better?Or maybe he was just on a drunken tirade!?

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I believe the only decision maker who didnt want him was Mike Singletary. I dont think he had much power back then...
f**k McClueless!

THE BAALKINATOR!!!
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Apr 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think Baalke realized the ramifications of getting Ginn off Miami's roster. Now MIA will probably go after Spiller, which means we have no chance at him. Not that I care if we get Spiller or not, but I think Baalke didn't look at the big picture.

Spiller will be gone by the time the 49ers pick, moot point.
Share 49ersWebzone