LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Alex smith on chronicle live next!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by excelsior:
I noticed that Clark Judge of CBS Sports just wrote that people he trusts say Alex Smith can't get it done, and the 49ers should move on. Troubling. Does anyone have an informed comment? I'm no expert, but Alex has looked good to me most of the time. His failures could often be attributed to stupid play calling, messed up line protections, indecisive routes, penalties, and dropped passes.

WTF is Clark Judge and WTF does he know? NAMES, I WANT NAMES. I'm sick and tired of people talkin out their butts and not having the balls to stand by their statements.

When they come out of hiding and say this stuff then MAYBE just maybe, I would be more willing to listen. But since they can't then they can get Bent so far as I am concerned. Personally I think that it's Judge that's talkin out his butt and he's using drunk friends ala Jones Style statements to further his opinion. And to me that's just as bad as not standing behind your convictions.

Fokk that Tool.

~Ceadder
maiocco just tweeted the following.

49ers director of player personnel Trent Baalke does not rule out taking QB in 1st round, but says he has "total confidence" in Alex Smith.
Originally posted by crabman82:
maiocco just tweeted the following.

49ers director of player personnel Trent Baalke does not rule out taking QB in 1st round, but says he has "total confidence" in Alex Smith.

i already hate trent baalke
He's just saying that so nobody feels comfortable with the Niners not taking a QB. He didn't rule out a QB, or Dez Bryant, but we aren't drafting either, bet that.
Originally posted by Trajik1:
He's just saying that so nobody feels comfortable with the Niners not taking a QB. He didn't rule out a QB, or Dez Bryant, but we aren't drafting either, bet that.

Could be a ploy to build trade value as well?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Trajik1:

Could be a ploy to build trade value as well?

Somethings fishy though... I'm not sure there will be action taken; but, somethings up.

Think about it. Did he say anything about any receiver on our team when talking about Dez? No. How about when talking around Mathews or Best, did he reiterate that Gore is our Starter and Coffee is the backup? No. How about Tackle, Guard, Corner, or any other position besides QB? No...

Sometimes we need to also look at what's not said.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Dont believe anything you hear this time of year
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Including this post?

Just giving you crap. That's the smartest approach for this time of the year; but, it's not as fun as speculating....
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Including this post?

Just giving you crap. That's the smartest approach for this time of the year; but, it's not as fun as speculating....

I fully support speculation. Makes time go by quicker so we can get to the damn draft already

Including this post?

I fully support speculation. Makes time go by quicker so we can get to the damn draft already

Which is next week. I say sleep all week and recharge your batteries so that way you don't miss a minute of coverage

I think that Baalke means that we will LOOK at QB. Not pick. LOOK. That's to force teams looking at guys that we are interested in are less likely to be picked.

I'm certain that we aren't taking a QB on the 1st day or even the early 2nd. We already have at least two QBs' on the active roster after next season regardless of Smith's numbers good or bad.

We haven't even evaluated Carr in Camp yet either and he has a two year deal. Then Davis who people seem to like for the Future hasn't had any more time than Carr really. It makes NO sense for this team to take a QB in rounds 1-4 when there are other positions of need. In fact if they DID take one that would just show the incompetence that have fans scratching their heads during the regular season.

~Ceadder

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Including this post?

Which is next week. I say sleep all week and recharge your batteries so that way you don't miss a minute of coverage

I think that Baalke means that we will LOOK at QB. Not pick. LOOK. That's to force teams looking at guys that we are interested in are less likely to be picked.

I'm certain that we aren't taking a QB on the 1st day or even the early 2nd. We already have at least two QBs' on the active roster after next season regardless of Smith's numbers good or bad.

We haven't even evaluated Carr in Camp yet either and he has a two year deal. Then Davis who people seem to like for the Future hasn't had any more time than Carr really. It makes NO sense for this team to take a QB in rounds 1-4 when there are other positions of need. In fact if they DID take one that would just show the incompetence that have fans scratching their heads during the regular season.

~Ceadder

I agree, I just don't see us going QB but if we do want a QB i hope we go Clausen and make a real effort. Otherwise build for Alex
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Including this post?

~Ceadder

I agree, I just don't see us going QB but if we do want a QB i hope we go Clausen and make a real effort. Otherwise build for Alex

Or for the other two guys.

~Ceadder
For anyone who wants to watch the video"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/14/10/1-on-1-with-49ers-Quarterback-Alex-Smith/landing.html?blockID=216444&feedID=2539
Share 49ersWebzone