LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

New litigation...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New litigation...

Sorry.... I forgot, BORED is my Answer...

I just want us to have a new Stadium... I'm tired of the Bullcrap,
and the Non-information...

I'm cool with Candlestick, just pump some money into renovating it and fixing the parking situation. We could stay there another 5-10 years.
im numb to everything stadium related. its been the same ol song n dance for 10 years.
You eat kittens?
Originally posted by midrdan:
The litigation is not going to result in a deal killer by any means and people better get used to the idea of having the stadium next to an amusement park in Santa Clara, because there is simply no other place in the Bay Area that is a sustainable alternative cite.

The bottom line is that the 49ers play in one of the most outdated stadiums in the country, with terrible parking, terrible access, and archaic concessions. And the stadium is not even located in San Francisco County, so balking at the 49ers moving away from their "proper place" makes no sense, unless you believe their proper place is in Daly City.

The 49ers' facilities have been located in Santa Clara for over 2 decades. Most of the players and personnel live in the South Bay or in San Mateo County. Most of the fans and sponsors are located in the South Bay. Building a new stadium in the South Bay makes the most sense geographically and financially. Hell, San Francisco can't/won't support a new venue outside of Hunter's Point and would have to essentially relocate thousands of people to even accomplish that proposal.

BULL!

There are PLENTY of sustainable places. Hunter's Point for one. The deal breaker there isn't the area nor the time for breaking ground. Not the Mass transit requirement. It has to do with hurt feelings. The City Gestapo tried to strong arm the management of the 49ers to give them something for nothing. They already have a Stadium there and it would have benefitted BOTH for the team to move to Hunters point and open the Candlestick basin for redevelopment.

Take that stupid pointless argument and flush it. Cause it's LAME. I'm fed up with this foolishness. It should have been seen to and taken care of nearly a decade ago now. The team should be in the new stadium and the low income housing that the officials were oh so worried about should be standing where the Stick is. But NOOOOOOO some nutjob(thanks Willie, you dik) decided that he knew better than the voters that passed the initial bill.

*Prime Example* Pac Bell (AT & T or whatever they'll call it next) Ballpark. We ALMOST lost the freakin Giants too. Only McGowan chucked the proposal and got it built anyway. However the footprint of that Park is smaller than what a Football Stadium would need so he COULD do it even with the Giants limited budget.

And if the Yorks are so damn cheap you SERIOUSLY think they're gonna buy G.A. ???

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Lifer:
This is politics 101. Cedar Fair is losing money on Great America and they want to sell out. The deal they had to sell the park to a third party fell through last week (hmmm... wonder why) and now they're trying to make themselves an impediment to a billion dollar construction project so that the 49ers and the city will be forced to pay them off to make them go away.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_14869567

"In fact, the lawsuit may be another tactic to jump start negotiations with city and 49ers officials. The legal challenge had to be filed by Monday under California environmental laws, thus Cedar Fair had a deadline to bring the lawsuit to preserve any claim that the report did not comply with those laws. A deal that would have resulted in Cedar Fair being sold collapsed last week."

And they're suing about environmental impact to a .... wait for it ..... wait for it .....

Parking lot!?!?!?!? ROFL!!!

Oh and wait for it...

Enviromental Impacts are not just about mother nature.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This is politics 101. Cedar Fair is losing money on Great America and they want to sell out. The deal they had to sell the park to a third party fell through last week (hmmm... wonder why) and now they're trying to make themselves an impediment to a billion dollar construction project so that the 49ers and the city will be forced to pay them off to make them go away.

"In fact, the lawsuit may be another tactic to jump start negotiations with city and 49ers officials. The legal challenge had to be filed by Monday under California environmental laws, thus Cedar Fair had a deadline to bring the lawsuit to preserve any claim that the report did not comply with those laws. A deal that would have resulted in Cedar Fair being sold collapsed last week."

And they're suing about environmental impact to a .... wait for it ..... wait for it .....

Oh and wait for it...

~Ceadder

True. CEQA is very broad legislation. The purpose of an EIR under CEQA is to provide information about the impacts resulting from, or exacerbated by, a proposed project. The decision makers then use that information to accept, reject or modify the project. Impacts include, but are not limited to, air, noise, traffic, and water. Impacts can be project specific or cumulative.
^^^ Sorry dude, I'm just a bit hypersensitive to this issue. I still lived in the area when the initial bill was passed. I moved later due to job transfer.

In any case you probably could have made it a tad more obvious as sarcasm doesn't translate very well in written form. Some people can do it like it's second nature. Others have to use a smiley. ^^^

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Oh and wait for it...

~Ceadder

True. CEQA is very broad legislation. The purpose of an EIR under CEQA is to provide information about the impacts resulting from, or exacerbated by, a proposed project. The decision makers then use that information to accept, reject or modify the project. Impacts include, but are not limited to, air, noise, traffic, and water. Impacts can be project specific or cumulative.

Oh and don't forget impact on foot traffic into the surrounding businesses. People don't think a TWO YEAR project of that magnitude would not impact Great America's business?

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM ]
IMO the stadium should be in San Fran...
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I don't care. As long as they don't move to LA or any other state I'm good.

This.

To be honest, I see that as the most likely outcome of all this, sadly.
I wonder how many of you fellers that don't want the stadium to move to SC have had to sit in the run down Candlestick for every single game over the past decade +, like I have. Do I want the team to stay in SF? Hellz yeah, but there is no realistic plan for this to happen. Build it in SC, allow the fans to actually have a pleasant game day experience (like EFFING CUPHOLDERS!!!), and join the ranks of just about every single other team outside of Cali in having a state-of-the-art stadium.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I wonder how many of you fellers that don't want the stadium to move to SC have had to sit in the run down Candlestick for every single game over the past decade +, like I have. Do I want the team to stay in SF? Hellz yeah, but there is no realistic plan for this to happen. Build it in SC, allow the fans to actually have a pleasant game day experience (like EFFING CUPHOLDERS!!!), and join the ranks of just about every single other team outside of Cali in having a state-of-the-art stadium.

I agree with you on this but do you know that you will not be able to afford your season tickets when that new stadium is built? state-of-the-art cupholders cost a tone of money. You will not even be able to buy a beer to put in them.
Originally posted by area49:

To be honest, I see that as the most likely outcome of all this, sadly.

Oh gawd this would be the worst thing to happen honestly. I have been a fan for 30 years and I want a new stadium in the Bay Area. Candlestick is actually located in South San Franciso and if you are so tied to the 49ers playing in SF that battle was lost in the 70's when they moved from Kezar.

Frankly, I don't want to lose the 49ers in the Bay Area and when it comes down to it I am not willing to lose the team over 3 second pan showcasing GA.

Build the f**king stadium already and keep the 49ers out of LA. Is this something we can agree on?

And btw, this EPA lawsuit is nothing less than lawyerese at its worst. F**k you Cedar Falls and calling the Yorks cheap is beyond old. Don't get me wrong I miss Eddie dearly. So this goes out to the Yorks,

buy GA from those c**ts (aka Cedar Falls) and build whatever the f**k you want as long as it ends up being a new 49ers stadium.
[ Edited by MntIdaGold on Apr 13, 2010 at 2:52 PM ]
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
There are definitely other places to build in the Bay Area. However, the league has made it clear that they'd like the to see the 49ers and the Raiders share a stadium, and the 49ers have made it clear that they consider Oakland "Plan B." I don't expect the legal challenge from Cedar Fair to be a real problem, but if the stadium measure fails to pass on June 8th, the SC stadium will be DOA and the 49ers will be moving to Oakland. I really, really, hope that doesn't happen. I can live with a stadium anywhere in the Bay Area EXCEPT Oakland.

I agree that the new stadium should have been built a decade ago and, while the Yorks share some of the blame, the real reason for failure is the dysfunctional politics of San Francisco. If the 9ers were trying to build this stadium in SF, there would be ten lawsuits right now instead of one. I believe that the main reason the 49ers turned to Santa Clara (and now consider Oakland to be their second best option) is the hostile and dysfunctional political environment in San Francisco.

As to the Yorks being "cheap:" This is just getting old. The deal, as it stands now, is for the Yorks to pay a larger percentage of the cost and take more financial risk and provide more guarantees than for any NFL stadium deal in history. The Yorks will put up more of their own cash to build this stadium than Jerry Jones or Paul Allen or any other owner. How is that "cheap?" The community will be asked to cover a smaller percentage of the cost than any other community in the NFL. And at this point it doesn't even look like the NFL is going to chip in from the (depleted) stadium fund the way that they did for Jerry Jones and Bill Bidwell.
Share 49ersWebzone