LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

New litigation...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New litigation...

Damn.

Okay there is New Litigation... trying to block the stadium being built at Great America.

I have to say that I'm thrilled. Personally I'm gonna cough up kittens everytime they pan to the stadium and Great America is anywhere in the vicinity. Not to be a jerk to anyone. This is MY opinion.

I just don't feel having an amusement park next door is the proper backdrop for our team. In fact I find it damned insulting after 8 year of the garbage they've had to deal with and we as fans by proxy. So I apologize to all who have patiently waited for a new Stadium, but I hope that Great America successfully blocks it. I like the park and I like our team. But I feel that neither should be in the same location.

The team should stay where they were MEANT to be playing.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM ]
lol, this is the same poll on the article's page. irritated would be my vote.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
lol, this is the same poll on the article's page. irritated would be my vote.

Yeah I was trying to get a better perspective of how we fans feel. That poll can be mucked with by people who hold no dog in the fight.

~Ceadder
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
This is politics 101. Cedar Fair is losing money on Great America and they want to sell out. The deal they had to sell the park to a third party fell through last week (hmmm... wonder why) and now they're trying to make themselves an impediment to a billion dollar construction project so that the 49ers and the city will be forced to pay them off to make them go away.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_14869567

"In fact, the lawsuit may be another tactic to jump start negotiations with city and 49ers officials. The legal challenge had to be filed by Monday under California environmental laws, thus Cedar Fair had a deadline to bring the lawsuit to preserve any claim that the report did not comply with those laws. A deal that would have resulted in Cedar Fair being sold collapsed last week."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Don't really care.................

Wake me if they ever put a shovel in the ground.
I'm sick of all this stadium BS. Honestly i really don't care anymore if we get a new stadium or not lol.
I don't care. As long as they don't move to LA or any other state I'm good.
The litigation is not going to result in a deal killer by any means and people better get used to the idea of having the stadium next to an amusement park in Santa Clara, because there is simply no other place in the Bay Area that is a sustainable alternative cite.

The bottom line is that the 49ers play in one of the most outdated stadiums in the country, with terrible parking, terrible access, and archaic concessions. And the stadium is not even located in San Francisco County, so balking at the 49ers moving away from their "proper place" makes no sense, unless you believe their proper place is in Daly City.

The 49ers' facilities have been located in Santa Clara for over 2 decades. Most of the players and personnel live in the South Bay or in San Mateo County. Most of the fans and sponsors are located in the South Bay. Building a new stadium in the South Bay makes the most sense geographically and financially. Hell, San Francisco can't/won't support a new venue outside of Hunter's Point and would have to essentially relocate thousands of people to even accomplish that proposal.
I don't care where the new stadium is (I live in Houston), I just want them to get new facilities already. Seriously, the Niners playing in Candlestick still is like the A's still playing ball in the Coliseum, the facilities suck and keep the team as a low revenue team.

If they don't reinstate a cap in the NFL, the Niners will feel the burn of being a low revenue team and need a new stadium stat.

Originally posted by susweel:
Don't really care.................

Wake me if they ever put a shovel in the ground.
I wonder what percentage of season ticket holders are actually from San Francisco?
i stopped caring about this a long time ago
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I hope the city informs them that even if the stadium is not built there, they will not get a renewed lease on the parking lot. Make them pay for trying to stand in the way.
Personally... My opinion...

I think the backdrop of Great America at night during a Primetime game
would look great to the rest of America... Not to mention, that it will make
going to the game a much nicer Family Event... Just think about dropping
the kids and the wife off at Great America, and you get to enjoy the whole
afternoon with your friends... Unless the Wife is a Fan too... I'd have fun
at the park during the day, and then hit a game at night... Win Win

Share 49ersWebzone