LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

So when....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Are we re-structuring or releasing Nate Clements? It's obvious we are picking a corner in the draft and does not look good for him unless he's willing to play safety. Would anyone have any info on his status with the team?

Thoughts?
far as I know he'll be back this season & he isn't moving to safety I think he will be released after this upcoming year or taking a pay cut
i don't think we should count out nate, yet. few ppl in the nfl as passionate as him, or as hardworking. he can still be a solid #2 at least, there some good corners that have made a living in the mid/late 30's, Ty Law, Woodson, Al Haris, just to name a few.
dude nate is pretty good he shuts down elite WR like andre johnson and fitzgerald and his contract is not as big as it seems
i dont expect anything to happen with him this year, he will be our #1 corner.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude nate is pretty good he shuts down elite WR like andre johnson and fitzgerald and his contract is not as big as it seems

Nate is the man, I don't believe he will be released, unless he loses a step which I don't really think he will since he didn't get a broken leg or mcl, or acl injury! He only had a shoulder injury. So on that note he will be back to battle fitzgerald and the rest of the number 1 wr's he faces!
I hope nate is back, i love how he sticks his head in there against running backs.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Making the transition into the NFL is a tall order for a rookie CB (think Malcolm Jenkins). Even if we do spend a high draft pick on a CB, he'll most likely start out as a nickel corner.

Our starters are Nate and Shawntae. Both have tones of NFL experience and both are considered above-average NFL corners. Terrell Brown will be gunning for the nickel spot.

So how pressing is our need at CB? I think our secondary issues have more to do with our safety's than our corners.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Making the transition into the NFL is a tall order for a rookie CB (think Malcolm Jenkins). Even if we do spend a high draft pick on a CB, he'll most likely start out as a nickel corner.

Our starters are Nate and Shawntae. Both have tones of NFL experience and both are considered above-average NFL corners. Terrell Brown will be gunning for the nickel spot.

So how pressing is our need at CB? I think our secondary issues have more to do with our safety's than our corners.

It's so hard to pinpoint. We play the run so aggressively we tend to get beat deep more often. I think some of it is our scheme too.
we need to resign Dre Bly now

i love clements. he's a sure-tackler, and has done well against fitz in the past. i'll be pissed if we cut him. with that being said..i think we should draft a cb in the 2nd or third....AFTER drafting an 0T, iupati, and a safety.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Nate Clements is a PIMP..I dunno why so many people dislike him.
Originally posted by jrg:
Nate Clements is a PIMP..I dunno why so many people dislike him.
Nate had his worst games when he played hurt, I hope he comes back healthy next season and shut's some asses down
Man o man I hope like hell we dont cut Nate Clements. He's still solid!!!
Share 49ersWebzone