LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

If Crabtree Re-entered the Draft (2010)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ninerfaithful80
  • Info N/A
I would say its entirely dependent on what Crab would do at his private Proday compaird to Bryants. Id give the edge to Crab because of pure numbers and tape. Crab wouldnt make it into the twentys for sure.
he was a top 5 talent and in this draft a top 10 to 15 at worst....and is still the best wr in this years draft. and he had the rec yards and td's by a long shot to be a top 5 last year and a top 10 this year
Originally posted by ninerfaithful80:
I would say its entirely dependent on what Crab would do at his private Proday compaird to Bryants. Id give the edge to Crab because of pure numbers and tape. Crab wouldnt make it into the twentys for sure.

he would he would definitally have that diva label on him and since he hasnt played in a year there is no way he should go before 20
The raiders would draft him
13th or 17th
i don't think he would've gone in the first round
I think the Niners would trade his rights away so they'd at least get something from him prior to the draft (if he didn't sign), but in a scenario where he's in this year's draft I would project him going late in the first. You can't deny his talent (I'd personally rank him better than Bryant), but his off the field issues would scare a lot of earlier-picking teams off in a draft that's full a great talent.
Wow, we could have resigned him at #49 with our 2nd round pick. Who cares, he's ours now for the next 5 years.
The Jets would have traded up and Rex Ryan would need more stomach pumping for his c******* f**tty ways.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
In the long run we ended up better off thanks to his hold out. He can't holdout again without public opinion going completely evil on him. His contract is full of "screw around and we don't pay you" clauses so he won't. He could have done more for us last year but with the extra year on his contract it's like we're drafting him this year and getting a receiver a half a year ahead.

Let it go.

I'm just glad last year is over and now we can move on and see Crabtree at his best. I think Crabs, Morgan, VD, and Alex Smith will do very well this season.
Depending on what he would run in the 40yd dash.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree got drafted by the 49ers
He'd be a top ten pick, if his workouts this year matched what he showed Trent Dilfer last offseason (Dilfer raved about his workouts). In the end, we were very lucky he was injured last season so he could not work out, thus dropping him to us at number 10. This was a major element of Crabtree's agent's argument then, which had merit, and still has merit today.

After Bryant's mediocre workout this past month, Crabtree would easily be the top option for WR in the draft.

I don't see how he would fall past the Bills at number 9. Just too much talent. And, with the Dolphins and Broncos looking at receiver, it wouldn't surprise me to see them jump past the Bills at 9 to make the selection.

As for the often repeated urban legend that "he couldn't work out for scouts this offseason", this is not a true statement. As long as he would be invited to a college pro-day, he would be exposed to scouts and coaches. He left on good terms at Texas Tech, and I'd bet the house they would let him work out at their pro-day this year, if no other reason to gain as many scouts, coaches, GM's to be exposed to their other athletes.

It is true that he could not do a personal workout for a team, since he would be under contract to the Niners.

All of this is based on the idea that the Niners would not have traded him by this point, which is unrealistic.
He'd be on another team......
Share 49ersWebzone