LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

If Crabtree Re-entered the Draft (2010)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Crabtree hold out has been long forgot ands so has the talk of him re-entering the draft in 2010. Just wondering where you guys think he would have gone if he had held out on the Niners and re-entered the 2010 draft? With Bryant's attitude and speed concerns I think it's likely that he still could of been the first WR picked. However, this seem like such a strong over all draft I have a hard time imagining he's chosen much before the 2nd round. Where do you think he would of been picked?
Probably around 20-25... but I could see him being taken anywhere after 10
Crabtree got drafted by the 49ers
well if i recall correctly if crabtree had re-entered the draft we would have still owned his rights up until the draft meaning he wouldnt be able to work out for any teams before the draft. but he never worked out last year with the foot injury and still went in the top ten so who really knows where he would have been picked, better question is would he have gone ahead of dez bryant or not
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
he's already a 49er! done deal!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Mike Williams was nowhere near the prospect Crabtree was and he sat out what he thought would have been his rookie year, also after only two years in college, and he was still picked #10 overall. Same as Crabtree.

What would that heave meant for Crabtree? Maybe it would have hurt him, given Willaims' failure in the NFL. Or maybe it would have meant that teams are still willing to take that risk? It would only take one GM willing to pull the trigger.
I think he would have went 17-26th pick.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

you guys don't do 'what if's'?
this isn't that bad of a thread people
man, crabtree would have fallen to the end of the 1st, maybe 2nd. lets not forget we got him at 10, meaning 9 already passed on him. and this years draft is REALLY REALLY talented. dez has personal issues too.. but he hadnt sat out a year... so id rather take my chances on dez because maybe his character stuff was blown out of proportion. crabtrees would have been worse, had he sat out. and, after a year, is he in football shape? not many players have sat out a year and come into the league and were able to play. mike williams anyone?
Share 49ersWebzone