LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Is Manny Lawson Onboard with the 49ers New Culture?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Manny is an average player, niners need to upgrade that position. Maybe they already told him he is not gonna be the starter next year and it pissed him off.

I wacted manny's overrated when i really dislike them an average cuz he is not pro for since cuz he is kinda nothing and very well..
Originally posted by bjghum:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by bjghum:
Meh, Lawson is just another guy. Nothing special and can be easily replaced.

Nice guy, seems like a team guy. Nothing special on Sundays.

I'm also not sure where his so called amazing cover ability came from.

One nice pick against a horrid rams team and the guy is suddenly Deion. LOL

The pick has nothing to do with it. He gets that label because he is good in coverage. Very good for a OLB. When you excel at something compared to other NFL starters at your position you are considered to be good at that thing...

Give me one example of this guy having an impact in coverage.

OK, because that makes sense. I have a full catalog of plays committed to memory when an OLB made an impact in coverage.

First you give me one example of this guy not having an impact in coverage.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Manny is huge in run support. He sets the edge better than most linebackers in the league. He is a very good first and second down OLB in the base defense but he is not an elite pass rusher. Unfortunately, someone will overpay for him after this season and it probably wont be the 49ers. I would love for him to stay here and continue to be a very important part of this team but he will most likely go where the money is.

I agree.

I don't understand all the Manny hate. I think he's much better than Haralson, and way more versatile and valuable than Brooks.

If we let him walk it will be a bad move.

Why is when a player on our team is objectively looked at (and he isn't seem as a HOF player), it's "hating" on him.

Niner fans used to represent class, passion and knew how to spot a winner a mile away esp. given the history this RARE organization has. Nobody is HATING on Manny or any other player when they point out educated opinions.

Ok, so "hate" may have been a little extreme....how bout "bashing."

But since we're on the subject of "objectively looking at players on our team", let me ask you a question......how come the minute someone gives their opinion or says anything critical about #11, all his little supporters have a hissy fit? Hmmmmm.

But it's ok to "bash" Lawson, Baas, Snyder, Rachal..........
But since we're on the subject of "objectively looking at players on our team", let me ask you a question......how come the minute someone gives their opinion or says anything critical about #11, all his little supporters have a hissy fit? Hmmmmm.

Probably because it has been done TO DEATH many time over. Also, if you're not a supporter of #11, or any other number on this team, you're not a fan. Find someone else to bother.
This article should be about Parys Harlson sucking it up last year against the run and pass, and not about our best all around OLB Manny Lawson!
Originally posted by solidg2000:
This article should be about Parys Harlson sucking it up last year against the run and pass, and not about our best all around OLB Manny Lawson!

Now that's what I'm talkin bout!!
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Probably because it has been done TO DEATH many time over. Also, if you're not a supporter of #11, or any other number on this team, you're not a fan. Find someone else to bother.

You're a fool.

I learned long ago when #16 went to K.C., #42 and #33 and #80 and #44 went to Oakland, that the only number that matters is 49. I could care less about Alex Smith or anyone that doesn't contribute to this team, or anyone that doesn't want to be here.

My allegiance is to the team I've been following the last 35 yrs.

[ Edited by BigBug415 on Apr 9, 2010 at 18:59:38 ]
lol this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Because he hasn't been able to put up 100tackle 10+ sack seasons he's not onboard with the 49ers new culture?

Maybe he's just not as good at rushing the passer as we'd like????

The guy has been nothing but a professional. He's done everything the coaches want of him and there have been plenty of articles about the fact that while he doesn't always put up the stats he's always where he's supposed to be during plays.

He's one of my favorite guys and I'm disappointed he hasn't lived up to what I expected from him but his play has absolutely nothing to do with him not being on board with Singletary. Far from it. He's a perfect team player. To say otherwise is laughable.
Originally posted by genus49:

Because he hasn't been able to put up 100tackle 10+ sack seasons he's not onboard with the 49ers new culture?

The guy has been nothing but a professional. He's done everything the coaches want of him and there have been plenty of articles about the fact that while he doesn't always put up the stats he's always where he's supposed to be during plays.

He's one of my favorite guys and I'm disappointed he hasn't lived up to what I expected from him but his play has absolutely nothing to do with him not being on board with Singletary. Far from it. He's a perfect team player. To say otherwise is laughable.

Exactly.
Originally posted by Chief:
Who in the Hell is Anthony Cruz and what in the Hell does he know?

Originally posted by solidg2000:

Originally posted by genus49:

Didn't he lead our team in sacks?
Originally posted by Youngone:
Didn't he lead our team in sacks?

Yup, by a 1/2 sack! Manny had 6.5 sacks in 09.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by susweel:
Manny is an average player, niners need to upgrade that position. Maybe they already told him he is not gonna be the starter next year and it pissed him off.

I wacted manny's overrated when i really dislike them an average cuz he is not pro for since cuz he is kinda nothing and very well..

no english?
IMO Manny is an average OLB in a 3-4.
If he wasn't at OTA's then he sees the writing on the wall. "You can't give 3/4 of an effort and still pick up a pay check from the 9ers anymore. He'll be moving on.
Share 49ersWebzone