Brandon Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
I'd be very surprised if both Jones and Hill make team this year.

If I had to guess I'd say Hill is gone this year and Jones is gone next year. Jones is just overpaid for a 4th receiver, although the signing made sense at the time (we didn't know Crabs would fall to us, and we also didn't know if Bruce would come back). Hill has talent, but just doesn't fit what we want from our receivers.

Martz could definitely get some use out of Hill in Chicago.

The Pats receivers are old and pretty weak this year. He'd be an excellent addition to their team/philosophy.

Neither of those dudes are starting caliber WR's

Where did I say that they were?

I said that the Pats could get use out of Hill. He is both younger and fits their offense much better than a lot of the retreads populating their bench. He also fits Martz scheme.

I never said that you said they were.

I never said that you said that I said they were.

Oh thats what you said I said that you said.

Fu*k you guys. I posted a thread condemning his signing right after he was signed and most of you tried to ridicule me because YOU thought it was too early to critisize. "Relax buddy, wait until he acutally plays a regular season game", you said!

Well f*ck most of you for not believing in my foresight!
I'd be very surprised if both Jones and Hill make team this year.

If I had to guess I'd say Hill is gone this year and Jones is gone next year. Jones is just overpaid for a 4th receiver, although the signing made sense at the time (we didn't know Crabs would fall to us, and we also didn't know if Bruce would come back). Hill has talent, but just doesn't fit what we want from our receivers.

Martz could definitely get some use out of Hill in Chicago.

The Pats receivers are old and pretty weak this year. He'd be an excellent addition to their team/philosophy.

Neither of those dudes are starting caliber WR's

Where did I say that they were?

I said that the Pats could get use out of Hill. He is both younger and fits their offense much better than a lot of the retreads populating their bench. He also fits Martz scheme.

I never said that you said they were.

I never said that you said that I said they were.

Oh thats what you said I said that you said.

I'm lost. Who said what, when, where, and why? Oh, and how?
BRANDON JONES fielded a punt at his own 3 yard line againt the Colts, and fumbled the end around to Arnaz Battle against Seattle. Thats what he did in 2009.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Fu*k you guys. I posted a thread condemning his signing right after he was signed and most of you tried to ridicule me because YOU thought it was too early to critisize. "Relax buddy, wait until he acutally plays a regular season game", you said!

Man, so many of you have short memories. This guy was the highlight of last preseason, and then he got hurt. since then, he never really had a real shot at RECEIVER 'cause he apparently stayed in Sing's doghouse. Sing was too enamored with the underachieving and slow Josh Morgan (but hey, Josh is tough and that's what Sing likes). If he ever gets a true opportunity to show what he brings to that table AS A RECEIVER, and then flames out, well now we got a reason to diss him. I'm not as in love with Morgan as many are and would rather see what the other guys can do, like Hill, Ziggy and the new crew, an of course, Jones. Let it all play out in camp and preseason and hopefully it's a true competition.
Jones is a guy Jeff Fisher called a very good football player...he led the WR's on a team that didn't throw much when he was there. He's had a string of bad luck since joining the Niners...and admittedly, isn't a punt returner. But, he has speed and ability as a WR...he simply needs to show it on the field. Talks of cutting him are premature...if he doesn't force his way into the lineup this season, then those talks may be valid. We have a much deeper WR corps now...so he'll have his work cut out for him, but I think he's got the ability to do it.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Man, so many of you have short memories. This guy was the highlight of last preseason, and then he got hurt. since then, he never really had a real shot at RECEIVER 'cause he apparently stayed in Sing's doghouse. Sing was too enamored with the underachieving and slow Josh Morgan (but hey, Josh is tough and that's what Sing likes). If he ever gets a true opportunity to show what he brings to that table AS A RECEIVER, and then flames out, well now we got a reason to diss him. I'm not as in love with Morgan as many are and would rather see what the other guys can do, like Hill, Ziggy and the new crew, an of course, Jones. Let it all play out in camp and preseason and hopefully it's a true competition.

The bold is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read... "too enamored with the UNDERACHIEVING"?

C'mon now. The reason Morgan is a starter is because of what he brings as a complete WR. His blocking skills determine his position on the squad. If Jones, Hill and Ziggy could do it, they would be the ones starting. The fact is that in this offense, the WRs have to block well. Like you said, he got injured.

But I disagree that he didn't get a shot. Sure he did. He had his chance and muffed it.

That's why Morgan is the starter and not the ridiculousness that Singletary wanted underachieving WRs.
Here's an idea...how about keep him on the team & see what he's got instead of cutting him. What's the obession with cutting guys because they had an injury & didn't produce instant results?

sounds like you need a hobby to relieve some stress in your life.

I thought Glenn Coffee was the highlight of last preseason? :S
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

I thought Glenn Coffee was the highlight of last preseason? :S

He was... what happened in the regular season???
  • evil
  • Veteran

Preseason ? You mean TC ? Oh Yeah, training camp standouts are always going to dominate when it counts right ?

4 years of opportunities in Tennessee resulted in him being a #3 at best. I wouldn't count on him being anything more than that here either.

C'Mon Man!
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
cut brandon jones and spend the money on goldson or davis we have enough receivers starters will be crabtree morgan ginn hill williams throw vann in there on some trick play or reverses wr screen's. WR is one of our strongest positions hill is a good possesion wr always coming up with those first downs and he has good hands and he is cheap....... compared to jones
Share 49ersWebzone