LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Brandon Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he never gets to be on the field
  • GORO
  • Veteran
If Sing wants to field the best team, he has to allow Jones, Hill to compete with Morgan for his job.

Josh Morgan has talent but, is he better than Jason Hill or Brandon Jones?
Originally posted by GORO:
If Sing wants to field the best team, he has to allow Jones, Hill to compete with Morgan for his job.

Josh Morgan has talent but, is he better than Jason Hill or Brandon Jones?

He is probably a better and more willing blocker and blocking attitude highly influences roster altitude around these parts.

That said, you have to wonder if Hill would have been more productive in that spot if he was given the same opportunities.
Ginn
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
he never gets to be on the field

correction, he never NEEDS to be on the field. He sucks!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe we can trade him to McClueless's new team.
Originally posted by susweel:

which team is that?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by bigmike55:

which team is that?

MM says probably the packers
I'd be very surprised if both Jones and Hill make team this year.

If I had to guess I'd say Hill is gone this year and Jones is gone next year. Jones is just overpaid for a 4th receiver, although the signing made sense at the time (we didn't know Crabs would fall to us, and we also didn't know if Bruce would come back). Hill has talent, but just doesn't fit what we want from our receivers.

Martz could definitely get some use out of Hill in Chicago.

The Pats receivers are old and pretty weak this year. He'd be an excellent addition to their team/philosophy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

If I had to guess I'd say Hill is gone this year and Jones is gone next year. Jones is just overpaid for a 4th receiver, although the signing made sense at the time (we didn't know Crabs would fall to us, and we also didn't know if Bruce would come back). Hill has talent, but just doesn't fit what we want from our receivers.

The Pats receivers are old and pretty weak this year. He'd be an excellent addition to their team/philosophy.

Neither of those dudes are starting caliber WR's

Where did I say that they were?

I said that the Pats could get use out of Hill. He is both younger and fits their offense much better than a lot of the retreads populating their bench. He also fits Martz scheme.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I said that the Pats could get use out of Hill. He is both younger and fits their offense much better than a lot of the retreads populating their bench. He also fits Martz scheme.

I never said that you said they were.

I never said that you said that I said they were.

If Jones can stay healthy this year, they will give him another shot at the #2, #3, or #4 reciever. He seems to resemble similarities to Ginn, so they may be directly competing for play time, whereas Morgan seems to have different value...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I never said that you said that I said they were.

Oh thats what you said I said that you said.
Share 49ersWebzone