LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Brandon Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
CUT Brandon jones and give that number 81 jersey to the only WR who deserves to wear it TO!!!
go alex smith 2010 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to agree Crabtree starts and Morgan probably is beside him. Jones had a good camp last season before injuring his shoulder so I would like to see the competition between Jones and Hill if Hill can stay healthy enough. I'm good with letting some great competition sort out the top 4 WR but I want to see a good return guy next season.

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Apr 8, 2010 at 22:20:35 ]
Jones is friggin good.
We just need to give him some reps.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Jones is friggin good.
We just need to give him some reps.

I have to agree. Anyone writing Jones off because of last season's stats will probably look foolish if he stays healthy.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Who the fck is Brandon Jones?

Brandon Jones is the player that fielded a punt at his own 3 yard line against the Colts, and screwed up the end around punt return against the Seahawks. Thats what he did in 2009.
I wish we could cut some of the guys who post on these boards!!!!!!!!
It is what it is. He was a desperation sign when we desperately needed a wide-out. Then we got Crabtree. Jones got hurt, Morgan stepped up. I for one am just happy that we are arguing the merits of Jones an Hill as deserving to be the THIRD wide-out.
who?
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
He was the highlight of the 09 off season until he got injured on an acrobatic catch. I think he deserves a shot this year based on all of the reports of how good he was doing in practice. He should be healed by now.

Hill > Jones

Jones could be a very nice 4th wr, but not at what we paid him! One of our worst FA signings in recent memory.

how do you know this?????

given how much money this guy was paid it might have been the worst free agent signing of all of last year league wide. The guy just wasn't productive enough in Tenn to earn this kind of contract.
Originally posted by VA49er:
It is what it is. He was a desperation sign when we desperately needed a wide-out. Then we got Crabtree. Jones got hurt, Morgan stepped up. I for one am just happy that we are arguing the merits of Jones an Hill as deserving to be the THIRD wide-out.

Word. And I, for one, am not happy with Josh Morgan as our number 2. I hope we have a big shakeup, and Brandon Jones or Jason Hill takes over Morgan's place. Morgan looks slower than

and hardly ever gets open. In the Minnesota game, none of our receivers got open until Crabtree caught that out pattern toward the sidelines...if that pass hadn't been caught, we could've been shut out.
Judging from our passed history, I see Brandon Jones having another eye popping training camp only to be injured just before the start of the regular season. Alas, never breaking the starting line up or making any impact even when he is fully recovered.

I'm afraid that Jones is one of McCloughan's bad FA signings. See Jennings, Gilmore, D-Jax, Lelie, Bryant Johnson, Tully Banta-Cain, Marvel Smith, etc. They may have once looked good on paper but none of them ever gave any real contribution for the money they received.

McCloughan gets a lot of credit for bringing talent to the 49ers roster but for every Justin Smith, there is a Marvel Smith. Glad he’s gone…
Originally posted by vermonator:
I'm afraid that Jones is one of McCloughan's bad FA signings. See Jennings, Gilmore, D-Jax, Lelie, Bryant Johnson, Tully Banta-Cain, Marvel Smith, etc. They may have once looked good on paper but none of them ever gave any real contribution for the money they received.

Those were not bad signings at the time and, aside from Jennings, didn't have any real salary cap implications.
Originally posted by vermonator:

McCloughan gets a lot of credit for bringing talent to the 49ers roster but for every Justin Smith, there is a Marvel Smith. Glad he’s gone…

This.

More like: For every Justin Smith there are ten Marvel Smiths.

Truth be told, without Nolan (horrible as he was) we probably wouldn't have Justin Smith either. Or Clements. Nolan was terrible at everything EXCEPT convincing FAs to sign on. He did present a good and respectable front that people bought into. No substance though. When he left noone could shoulder that responsiblity. McC had the personality and credibility of a wet dishrag. He was a TERRIBLE face of the franchise. Singletary, because of a lack of track record, had no credibility with the heavy hitters either.

Brandon had the look of a desperation signing by McC just to prove that he had the ability to sign a big name. Pathetic thing was: Brandon was NOT a big name. He had never proved anything and he got paid big. Number one type money which was totally unnecessary; Tennessee was not bringing him back - didn't even make him an offer. He probably could believe his good luck and is likely still pinching himself.

Yea . . . the Niners sure are lucky McC is gone. Say all you will about Jed York . . . at least he had the good sense to finally see the utter worthlessness of that fraud. I, for one, did not think that Jed had it in him to figure that out. He surprised me.

PS: Brandon is the fastest of our WRs. Big time speed is a deficiency in our receiving corp. Too bad that BJ isn't capable of living up to his big money, by earning the starter position. Not his fault though . . . he can only perform to his capabilities. He doesn't dog it like some prima donnas. Gives his best.
Share 49ersWebzone