There are 235 users in the forums

Next Year's Record

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
why does everyone have us losing to the panthers? lol..

Matt Moore, really?

Every backup QB is a beast in waiting....look at nate davis. Get with the program man.

Matt Moore Stats through 7 games last season (5 starts):

1053 yards, 8 TD, 2 INT, 98.5 QB Rating, comp 61.6%

Alex Smith Stats through 11 games (10 starts):

2350, 18 TD, 12 INT, 81.5 QB Rating, comp 60.5%

He actually started a few games for them last year and played pretty well, not bad numbers either. I just put Alex's up as a reference.

I think we'll beat the Panthers though, their defense can't hang with our offense.

Also gotta factor in the Panthers lost arguably their best player, and we have 2 1st round picks to add more talent as opposed to them not even having a first.

Can't hate on Matt Moore. Dude came in with the same team Delhomme couldn't do s*it with and played his ass off. Had a nice little streak at the end of the season too. Guy might be for real.

just another shaun hill story...teams came in expecting something else..

i'm also curious to know which teams they were playing during these amazing stats to justify why the panthers are such an elite team that almost everyone thinks they can beat us..
10 - 6, win the division, and (finally) make the playoffs. After that, we'll see what happens...

Also, didn't we go 5 - 1 against the division last year... with Warner?

10-6 or 11-5 would be my pick.

My logic is that as sloppy as our offense was we still went 8-8 and a few of those loses were pretty close against good teams.

We should (hopefully) will have improved O line play which in turn will give us a far more consistent running game and obviously a better passing attack. Also we're going into the second year of the same offense and regardless of what you think of Alex Smith he should perform much better especially considering he'll get the 1st team reps and Crabtree will be in camp so there will be plenty of reps to build chemistry and timing with the WR. So there is no reason to not expect a better offensive performance next season.

On the defensive side of the ball it should perform roughly the same and depending on the draft maybe even better.

So I don't see any reason we can't squeeze out at least a couple extra wins compared to last season.
9-7 at the worst. (It better be that way.)
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
I thought the niners last year were going to win 7 or 8 so I got right. Only see improving by 1 game. 9-7 and the division. Depending on who they play may make it to the second round of the playoffs but doubtful

I agree with this should the Cards have an off year and the Seahawks don't improve too much. Nothing is a certainty with Alex Smith at QB.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
9-7 but could go between 8-8 to 10-6
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
9-7 at the worst. (It better be that way.)

3 yrs running now 10-6 this is gonna be a good year, I just hope they do better then 10-6
Share 49ersWebzone