There are 190 users in the forums

Next Year's Record

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Every year I look at the schedule and try to predict what the team's record will eventually end up being in best and worst-case scenarios. Although the NFC West appears to be San Francisco's for the taking, I think it's still going to be tough to improve the overall record from a year ago.

Home:
L - Saints - Tough to predict a victory over the reigning champs.
W - Buccaneers - They will still suck.
W - Raiders - Should be a sh!tkicking
W - Broncos - I think this team is in worse shape than last years record would indicate
L - Eagles - With McNabb gone, I feel a lot better about beating Philly but this is a prideful, veteran team and I dont see them dropping off as much as they probably could.
W - Rams - I'm not convinced Bradford is going to be anything in the NFL
W - Cardinals - Losing Warner, Boldin, and Dansby is too much.
W - Seahawks - If Hasslebeck is ok you could convince me they'll threaten.

Away: (This is where things get rough)
W - Chiefs - Still rebuilding
W - Rams - The same
W/L - Seahawks - Could go either way being a divisional game
W/L - Cards - Same as the Hawks
L - Falcons - Put a whipping on SF at home last year, had a tough late season stretch in 09, but still dangerous.
L - Carolina - Finished scary strong in 09, tough road environment
L - Chargers - Still very talented (regular season only)
L - Packers - I guess if it's early in the year (ie. not cold) it's possible but I've been waiting for a win at Lambeau for most of my adult life. Not holding my breath for it now.

So, I think a best case scenario is 10-6 and more likely 9-7 or 8-8. Assuming the Rams and Seahawks will still largely suck, I'm not worried about them. The Cardinals could suck bad too and should have a tougher schedule having to play the other division champs from last year. Still, just looking at this, will another 8-8 year be good enough? I have a hard time imagining that record getting them into the playoffs, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
11-5

BOOK IT
way to early we should wait for the draft before we predict our records i think if we fix the o line i would say maybe 10 or 11 games ( we have pretty easy schedule)
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
Every year I look at the schedule and try to predict what the team's record will eventually end up being in best and worst-case scenarios. Although the NFC West appears to be San Francisco's for the taking, I think it's still going to be tough to improve the overall record from a year ago.

Home:
W - Broncos - I think this team is in worse shape than last years record would indicate
L - Eagles - With McNabb gone, I feel a lot better about beating Philly but this is a prideful, veteran team and I dont see them dropping off as much as they probably could.

W - Rams - The same
L - Falcons - Put a whipping on SF at home last year, had a tough late season stretch in 09, but still dangerous.
L - Packers - I guess if it's early in the year (ie. not cold) it's possible but I've been waiting for a win at Lambeau for most of my adult life. Not holding my breath for it now.

So, I think a best case scenario is 10-6 and more likely 9-7 or 8-8. Assuming the Rams and Seahawks will still largely suck, I'm not worried about them. The Cardinals could suck bad too and should have a tougher schedule having to play the other division champs from last year. Still, just looking at this, will another 8-8 year be good enough? I have a hard time imagining that record getting them into the playoffs, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the Eagles are not that much of a veteran team anymore. There is only one guy left from their SB year, and over the past two seasons they've been dumping vets at a record level.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
way to early we should wait for the draft before we predict our records i think if we fix the o line i would say maybe 10 or 11 games ( we have pretty easy schedule)

I know, even after the draft it's too early to tell, but what the hell else are we gonna talk about the first week of April?

There should be some kind of NFL D-league that plays this time of year. Really, put any scrubs in a 49ers uniform and have them line up against any other scrubs and you better damn well know I'm watching on Sundays.
19-0
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:

Home:

W - Rams - The same

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the Eagles are not that much of a veteran team anymore. There is only one guy left from their SB year, and over the past two seasons they've been dumping vets at a record level.

Valid point. It's ok to disagree with me. With that being said, there's still a winning culture in that team that is clearly instilled in the younger guys they do have there. Something that's been missing in the bay for a long time now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
19-0

Love this guy's enthusiasm.
I don't know about next years record, but I will guess 11-5 this year.
W-saints superbowl hangover.
W-raiders blow.
Wx2-rams are the rams.
Wx2-cards are not the same w/o Warner.
Wx2-hawks are rebuilding and hback is done.
W-broncos in London? Close one.
W-chiefs are still no good.
W-bucaneers
W-falcons
L-panthers are going to be tough
L-packers still play at lambeu
L-eagles will be close
L-chargers

12-4 not bad.

Honestly, it's possible we go 8-0 at home with a few lucky breaks vs. the Saints. I mean we were a trick play away from beating Indy in THEIR house! If we can play a solid 3-phase game we could beat any team at home.
10-6 or 11-5

Book it
Originally posted by Snider8706:
W-saints superbowl hangover.
W-raiders blow.
Wx2-rams are the rams.
Wx2-cards are not the same w/o Warner.
Wx2-hawks are rebuilding and hback is done.
W-broncos in London? Close one.
W-chiefs are still no good.
W-bucaneers
W-falcons
L-panthers are going to be tough
L-packers still play at lambeu
L-eagles will be close
L-chargers

12-4 not bad.

I think mike singletery will get that team fired up for revenge over falcons and packers
I thought the niners last year were going to win 7 or 8 so I got right. Only see improving by 1 game. 9-7 and the division. Depending on who they play may make it to the second round of the playoffs but doubtful
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
10-6 or 11-5

Book it

I really hope you're right.
But we have Alex as our QB, so it might be 6-10/5-11 as well...
Share 49ersWebzone