LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Resigning our own young guys.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After all the talk about the niners needing to sign their own players before spending money on a FA, when is this going to happen?

I am all for the cuurent progress of this off-season. I am fine with what we have done up until this point. The 49ers going into this un-capped year had plenty of salary cap to work with, yet we only resigned 1 player. When is this team going to sign some of the young guys? How long are they going to wait?

The list of potential young 49ers that are going to hit FA within 2 years is scary. I hope management backs up the talk this off-season and signs some of the young guys. Management would be stupid to wait to lock up some of these guys.

I hope to log into the zone someday within the next few months and see the likes of Willis, Goldson, Franklin, Davis, Morgan and Ray Mac have signed an extension.

To the future!!
A contract needs two signatures
With a pending lockout I don't see them extending or resigning any of their guys til that situation has been resolved. If I were a owner I wouldn't be dishing out high priced extensions with a lockout looming. I thought I seen a thread that they were privately working on Goldson.
A lot of reasons it hasn't happened yet I suppose. The CBA situation is huge and without a deal in place for that, everything else kind of has to be put on hold. Even if it weren't a core issue, the value for guys like Davis and Willis is absolutely huge right now and the team would likely be negotiating from a disadvantage. If both of those guys play better than last year, thus further strengthening their position, they would likely be breaking all-time league records. The team would be wise to see if that is indeed the case and hope (kinda) that they either level off or cool off prior to their contracts coming up.

Strange business.
If alex starts playing at A high level, I hope we extend his contract an pay him minimum wage.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
If alex starts playing at A high level, I hope we extend his contract an pay him minimum wage.

That would be a sensible was of treating your starting quarterback.

By the way, the team can't just extend his contract. It has to be an agreed change of terms. And on your suggested terms, highly unlikely
Who're the players that are resigning?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by English:

By the way, the team can't just extend his contract. It has to be an agreed change of terms. And on your suggested terms, highly unlikely

Well the way I see it is he got paid 60 million garunteed and hasn't earned Any of it.....so he can work off the rest for less.

Well the way I see it is he got paid 60 million garunteed and hasn't earned Any of it.....so he can work off the rest for less.

Too bad it doesn't work that way.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Just a thought
-9fA

i thought he got $24M guaranteed.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

He can help wash the sweaty jock straps after practice.
It will happen soon enough I believe
Has anyone heard any updates on Pitts or Oyodele (whoever the LB from the dolphins was)?
Share 49ersWebzone