LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

QB youth movement in the NFL!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Don't get me wrong, I like Smith and I want Smith to be one of the elites in the NFL! that would be awesome for our team. My personal opinion is he is not cutting it.He may be only 25, but he has been in the NFL for a while. He has been passed by players that are younger and players that were on the bench. Late rounders have developed and evolved passed Smith. For the Joe Flaco hater, the running game was working for Rice because they respect the deep ball! Flaco stood tall and was willing to launch the football while taking a hit. If your excuse was Mason was their receiver? are you serious Derrick Mason? Alex Smith has far better WR. About Favre yes he is old with a very solid team, its sad when we have a 25 year old that can't touch a grandpa. If we keep baby sitting Smith, he will set us back another 5 years.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
For sure. Our dinosaur 25 year old needs to go.

It took the Ravens 1 year to know what they got in Flaco! we are still wishing Smith will stop looking lost.

Flaco came to a team with a defense, and some talent on offense.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Trajik1:

It took the Ravens 1 year to know what they got in Flaco! we are still wishing Smith will stop looking lost.

Flaco was one of the talent on offense, and I would say our D was pretty darn good! I think our D would have been a lot better with less 3 and out.
5280High declared that "Ryan was a stud." Well, our stud, Alex, had a better QB rating than Ryan last year. Good, right?
Originally posted by excelsior:
5280High declared that "Ryan was a stud." Well, our stud, Alex, had a better QB rating than Ryan last year. Good, right?

But but but he played against Detroit!!!

-9fA
Originally posted by susweel:
But, but MM says we have the best QB in the NFC west.

Because we do by default, *******.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

if vernon and crabs wouldnt have had so many drops this season, and vernon dropped about 4 tds, we probably would have made the playoffs..... but alex should have better timing down with his recievers this year and he has no more chances so its sink or swim time for him.

also im confident that if he stinks it up right out of the gate, then coach sing will bench his ass and it will be the last time we have to deal with him.
  • flow
  • Veteran
I look forward to slaughtering Brett Fav-ruh in the 2010-2011 playoffs, humiliating him in what will turn out to be his last game EVER.

His retirement alone would lower the average NFL QB's age by about 50 years.
Originally posted by Trajik1:

Flaco was one of the talent on offense, and I would say our D was pretty darn good! I think our D would have been a lot better with less 3 and out.

inconsistency killed us...our "good" defense shows up against the rams and wins 35-0 and then we got our ass beat the next week by atlanta and then continued against houston...force 5 turnovers against the bears and then lose to seattle
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

every qb in the nfc west will have a ? on them

Alex here in SF
Bradford with the Rams - how will he do
Is Leinart going to win the job?
And what's up with Hasselback if the hawks gave up what they did for Whitehurst

I don't think we need to spend another 50 million and a first round QB when we need to get some o-line men. Then see what Alex can do.
Alex finally has 2 years with the same O coordinator so lets see what he does this year before we try to out him
Originally posted by 228niner:
Alex finally has 2 years with the same O coordinator so lets see what he does this year before we try to out him

exactly, all those other teams were way better than we were when Alex was drafted. They actually set their rookies up to succeed. Think about the team when Alex was drafted, who could have started on ANY other NFL team? that team was extremely devoid of talent. Now that we have some semblance of talent, lets see what Alex can really do.

We all know this is the yr, he either proves he belongs, or we move on. the end, just sucks we have to wait til the season starts to see...
Originally posted by Method:
Good post!

Not.
Originally posted by excelsior:

but but but jaws calls him matty "ice" and he has those gillette commercials
Share 49ersWebzone