There are 183 users in the forums

Our chances against the Eagles w/o McNabb

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Based off of how he played last year. I'm not saying hes good, but neither are half the QB's in the league. My argument is that he is simply the best we have, even if all he can do is throw fastballs down the middle to VD on a seam... it still worked!

And yeah I would pick him over QB's like Cutler, Delhomme, Bulger, etc.. all of whom were starting QB's in the league. Making a statement that I would pick him over half the QB's in the league isn't that farfetched considering there are only 10-13 QB's that can play well consistently. he's only gotta make the top 16 haha. I'm not a Smith apologist... but regardless Haters gonna Hate.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by prime21:
Why is everyone saying we will score 30+? the only time we went over 30 last season was against the Rams. Sure, we'll probably win, but we wont score more than 30, thats for sure. What, an offseason w/the same OC is an automatic guarantee that we will be so much better offensively next season? Our D is our bread & butter. Our Offense is never going to be above average until we toss Smith and get a real QB! UH-OH, another Smith hater! Yeah, I do hate Smith's game, it SUCKS! without Gore,Crabs,andDavis carrying the offense, we wouldnt even score......at all. Sure Smith will improve just enough to be a slightly below average QB, but he is and always will be a waste of F'INg time! Get rid of the bum! Im tired of seeing him in a 49ers uniform!

So what your saying is that without a RB, a TE, and Receivers... we wouldn't score. Very astute observation!

I think you failed to observe my point. The combined talents of Gore,Davis and Crabtree are pulling not only their own weight but also the but also the ton of bricks that are Alex Smith's shortcomings.

Oh I got it, but did it ever occur to you that without Smith, VD and Crabs would of never gotten a pass over 10 yards since Hill couldn't drive the ball deep. Or that defenses never respected Hill's arm so Gore constantly faced nine in the box. Hate all you want on Smith but just keep in mind he is our best option, and judging by how he played last season he's not all that bad of one. Whether you want to admit that is a different story. Is he ever gonna be Manning/Brady/Brees... no, but I would still pick him over half the QB's in the league.

based off what?

Win/loss record?
QB rating and stats?
consistency?
Stepping up as a leader and winning games?
Not losing games?
Taking his team to the Playoffs?
Accurate passes for his receivers?...u know, so they can catch it in stride

I'm sure there are 16 or more other QBs in this league that has one or more of those attributes....

so again...based off what, would you take Alex over all those QBs?

also, lets not bring Shaun and the 10yrd BS into this, I believe he still has our longest pass of the season last year that was in the air.....what was it 50yd Pass to Issac Bruce, in stride.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d812940d6/Bruce-50-yard-catch

The longest pass last year was a 73 yard TD to VD from Smith.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Why is everyone saying we will score 30+? the only time we went over 30 last season was against the Rams. Sure, we'll probably win, but we wont score more than 30, thats for sure. What, an offseason w/the same OC is an automatic guarantee that we will be so much better offensively next season? Our D is our bread & butter. Our Offense is never going to be above average until we toss Smith and get a real QB! UH-OH, another Smith hater! Yeah, I do hate Smith's game, it SUCKS! without Gore,Crabs,andDavis carrying the offense, we wouldnt even score......at all. Sure Smith will improve just enough to be a slightly below average QB, but he is and always will be a waste of F'INg time! Get rid of the bum! Im tired of seeing him in a 49ers uniform!

So what your saying is that without a RB, a TE, and Receivers... we wouldn't score. Very astute observation!

I think you failed to observe my point. The combined talents of Gore,Davis and Crabtree are pulling not only their own weight but also the but also the ton of bricks that are Alex Smith's shortcomings.

Oh I got it, but did it ever occur to you that without Smith, VD and Crabs would of never gotten a pass over 10 yards since Hill couldn't drive the ball deep. Or that defenses never respected Hill's arm so Gore constantly faced nine in the box. Hate all you want on Smith but just keep in mind he is our best option, and judging by how he played last season he's not all that bad of one. Whether you want to admit that is a different story. Is he ever gonna be Manning/Brady/Brees... no, but I would still pick him over half the QB's in the league.

based off what?

Win/loss record?
QB rating and stats?
consistency?
Not losing games?

I'm sure there are 16 or more other QBs in this league that has one or more of those attributes....

also, lets not bring Shaun and the 10yrd BS into this, I believe he still has our longest pass of the season last year that was in the air.....what was it 50yd Pass to Issac Bruce, in stride.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d812940d6/Bruce-50-yard-catch

Oh oh oh. Vd is the man! And my gma coulda made that pass ha ha just kidding! Go smith to davis! Can't wait for the new season!

[ Edited by frankie on Apr 6, 2010 at 13:33:42 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Can't be much worse, McNabb, like Favre, has owned this franchise.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

based off what?

Win/loss record?
QB rating and stats?
consistency?
Not losing games?

oh Memphis... you of all people should know I do my best to check my facts before throwing myself out there for the 9ertalk crowd.

we were talking about Shaun's lack of arm strength...and this is what I posted.

"I believe he still has our longest pass of the season last year that was in the air.....what was it 50yd Pass to Issac Bruce, in stride."

so yes, that pass was longer than Alex's to Vernon.... I watched the video first to make sure, before posting

[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 6, 2010 at 17:04:52 ]
As long as we win, I'll be happy.
fawk the iggles. i think we can roll with anyone
Share 49ersWebzone