Originally posted by 9eridiot:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by northstar:
they got a 4th possibly 3rd as well.

Ummmm the Iggles got a 2nd AND a 3rd for McNabb.

Washington had the higher 2nd than we did.

Yay...waitaminnit, now it will be another notch on the anti-ownersing anthem. "the owners suck cause they didn't go after McNabb" and "the owners showed us that they don't care about anything but the almighty $"

One thing guys, didn't the Iggles trade us someone this past decade? Remember? For T.O.? Man that was a HELL of a deal for us right?

If the Iggles thought that McNabb had much left in the tank, do you HONESTLY think they would have traded him to the Skins??? Even for a 2nd and a 3rd?

My line of thinking is if I'm the guy holding McNabb's contract and you're in my division you're paying more than my initial price.

Well I'm glad it's over but...

~Ceadder

Yes, the Eagles traded us some bum with a bad knee for TO - nice work front office !

And yes, the ownership sucks because they didn't go after McNabb. They should have shopped Alex for a 4th or 5th rounder and given it to them along with our second for McNabb. No doubt the Eagles would have done it to keep him out of their division.

Apparently, there wasn't much of a market for him. Either the Raiders weren't interested, or Reid and Co. showed him some compassion by not sending him there.

Now, I know you're upset with us haters, but I just can't understand your blind allegience to this front office and ownership of fools.

If I remember correctly, We traded TO to the Ravens...TO's agent f--ked up somehow.

TO was set to become a free agent, but his agent did not file the proper paperwork with the league in time. Agent claimed the league moved up the filing date without providing proper notice. Niners had already accepted that TO was gone through free agency without any compensation. When they retained his rights after the miscue they immediately traded TO to the Ravens. TO said he wouldn't play for the Ravens and filed a grievance with the league. Ultimately, the league intervened and allowed a deal to be worked out sending TO to Philadelphia, with some, lesser, compensation to the Niners than what they would have received from the Ravens had the deal stuck. I don't know what ever happened to that compensation from Philadelphia, whether it was a player or a draft pick.

We got Brandon Whiting(injured) and a 6th if I remember correctly. Both turned out(as you can see from the parenthesis after his name) to be crap.

I find it insane that people think that management should have thrown their hat in the ring for McNabb. But whatever; Say we did. We would have had to give up more than what Washington did which was a 2nd and next years 3rd. So logic says that we would have had to cough up a 1st outright for him OR we would have had to cough up two 2nds given that we pick behind Washington's pick.

McNabb is not worth that much. Sorry but it's true. So you're hating on management for not even half heartedly making an attempt?

~Ceadder

How do you figure we'd have to give up more than Washington did?

And "yes", I'm hating on management for not even a half-hearted attempt.

McNabb will take the 'skins to the playoffs this year.

I doubt it that division kills itself...the giants, eagles and cowboys aren't going to be pushovers..every divisional game is usually a dogfight
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by northstar:
they got a 4th possibly 3rd as well.

Ummmm the Iggles got a 2nd AND a 3rd for McNabb.

Washington had the higher 2nd than we did.

Yay...waitaminnit, now it will be another notch on the anti-ownersing anthem. "the owners suck cause they didn't go after McNabb" and "the owners showed us that they don't care about anything but the almighty $"

One thing guys, didn't the Iggles trade us someone this past decade? Remember? For T.O.? Man that was a HELL of a deal for us right?

If the Iggles thought that McNabb had much left in the tank, do you HONESTLY think they would have traded him to the Skins??? Even for a 2nd and a 3rd?

My line of thinking is if I'm the guy holding McNabb's contract and you're in my division you're paying more than my initial price.

Well I'm glad it's over but...

~Ceadder

Yes, the Eagles traded us some bum with a bad knee for TO - nice work front office !

And yes, the ownership sucks because they didn't go after McNabb. They should have shopped Alex for a 4th or 5th rounder and given it to them along with our second for McNabb. No doubt the Eagles would have done it to keep him out of their division.

Apparently, there wasn't much of a market for him. Either the Raiders weren't interested, or Reid and Co. showed him some compassion by not sending him there.

Now, I know you're upset with us haters, but I just can't understand your blind allegience to this front office and ownership of fools.

If I remember correctly, We traded TO to the Ravens...TO's agent f--ked up somehow.

TO was set to become a free agent, but his agent did not file the proper paperwork with the league in time. Agent claimed the league moved up the filing date without providing proper notice. Niners had already accepted that TO was gone through free agency without any compensation. When they retained his rights after the miscue they immediately traded TO to the Ravens. TO said he wouldn't play for the Ravens and filed a grievance with the league. Ultimately, the league intervened and allowed a deal to be worked out sending TO to Philadelphia, with some, lesser, compensation to the Niners than what they would have received from the Ravens had the deal stuck. I don't know what ever happened to that compensation from Philadelphia, whether it was a player or a draft pick.

We got Brandon Whiting(injured) and a 6th if I remember correctly. Both turned out(as you can see from the parenthesis after his name) to be crap.

I find it insane that people think that management should have thrown their hat in the ring for McNabb. But whatever; Say we did. We would have had to give up more than what Washington did which was a 2nd and next years 3rd. So logic says that we would have had to cough up a 1st outright for him OR we would have had to cough up two 2nds given that we pick behind Washington's pick.

McNabb is not worth that much. Sorry but it's true. So you're hating on management for not even half heartedly making an attempt?

~Ceadder

How do you figure we'd have to give up more than Washington did?

And "yes", I'm hating on management for not even a half-hearted attempt.

McNabb will take the 'skins to the playoffs this year.

Obviously they weren't worried about trading him in the division if they traded him to the Skins dude, they were worried about getting the best offer and they think they can beat whatever team he's on because he's washed up. If they were scared of him they would've traded him to the AFC like Oakland. We would've had to give up 13 or 2nd this year and next year to beat Washington's offer, either would've been f**king dumb for us.

I doubt they took the best offer. McNabb said he would rather retire than play for the Raiders.

I doubt they took the best offer. McNabb said he would rather retire than play for the Raiders.

Link?
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
Eyes are on him this year, and not just in San Francisco. If he thrives, it could be a great story for years to come.

LOL. Bud, it is only in SF. The rest of the football nation already has Alex pegged, and rightly so. A QB who can really suck and peaks at game managment level. Backup material only.

Only Niner fans are holding their breath. The only question others are wondering is how come the Niners haven't replaced him yet.
Originally posted by danimal:
Eyes are on him this year, and not just in San Francisco. If he thrives, it could be a great story for years to come.

LOL. Bud, it is only in SF. The rest of the football nation already has Alex pegged, and rightly so. A QB who can really suck and peaks at game managment level. Backup material only.

Only Niner fans are holding their breath. The only question others are wondering is how come the Niners haven't replaced him yet.

Yeah that's not nearly the general consensus, but believe what you want.

Yup, nobody outside of the organization and fanbase has high hopes for Smith.
I think a lot of people here have blinders on for the guy.

[ Edited by scopur49er on Apr 8, 2010 at 11:38:22 ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

All I ever hear whenever I watch NFL Live or NFL Network about the Niners is that "Alex Smith Sucks."

Oh wait, Herm Edwards just said he's the best QB in the NFC West. FAIL.

you read too many articles if you think otherwise. Try talking to a friend who lives somewhere else or roots for another team.

Outside of the fanbase it is BY FAR the general consensus.
You should go poke around on message boards for other teams and talk to non-49er fans who follow football.
Very different story.
Originally posted by Method:

All I ever hear whenever I watch NFL Live or NFL Network about the Niners is that "Alex Smith Sucks."

Oh wait, Herm Edwards just said he's the best QB in the NFC West. FAIL.

yeah cus Herm Edwards definitely knows quarterbacks

And last time I checked the NFC West represents an eighth of the league, and the worst eighth at that. Even if he were the best in the NFC west, which is highly debatable; it would not be saying much. And nobody ever said that until Warner retired.

So what do we have here.

A guy who can almost be the best QB in the worst division once every five years?

EPIC

The only thing I would add is that if he doesn't produce this year, then he's gone. All the excuses are gone now.

No more, worthless receivers that couldn't start for another team. There are at least two now in VD and Crabs.

No more New OC every year. Whether you like Jimmy Raye and his version of boring football this is Smith's second year with the same OC, system and QB coach.

No more recovering from injuries. He proved last year that he was injury free, so that
"dog won't hunt".

No more Kurt Warner. The rest of the Division is down this year with Hasselback on the downside of his career, Warner retired, and the Ram playing QB Roulette from week to week.

With two first rounders, the excuse of not providing protection go away.

To me it's like the Rooster in the trailer telling the Hen's to "put out or get out".
He is still young and has had no consistency with couches his whole career. I think Singletary planted a seed when he took over and we are all going to watch it sprout this year..... as long as he learns not to over throw

[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 8, 2010 at 11:55:11 ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Link?

Sorry Old Dude,
No linkie, but I heard Ralph and Tom mention it on their show last night.
Share 49ersWebzone