LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

Alex Smith article on Espn

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by northstar:
they got a 4th possibly 3rd as well.

Ummmm the Iggles got a 2nd AND a 3rd for McNabb.

Washington had the higher 2nd than we did.

Yay...waitaminnit, now it will be another notch on the anti-ownersing anthem. "the owners suck cause they didn't go after McNabb" and "the owners showed us that they don't care about anything but the almighty $"

One thing guys, didn't the Iggles trade us someone this past decade? Remember? For T.O.? Man that was a HELL of a deal for us right?

If the Iggles thought that McNabb had much left in the tank, do you HONESTLY think they would have traded him to the Skins??? Even for a 2nd and a 3rd?

My line of thinking is if I'm the guy holding McNabb's contract and you're in my division you're paying more than my initial price.

Well I'm glad it's over but...

~Ceadder

I gotta feel bad for Jason Campbell, he gonna get pushed bad. Plus the Skins gave up alot for McNabb. However we would given up mush more.

Yup. Campbell has really gotta be hating Snyder and Shannahan right about now. Wouldn't surprise me if he asked for a trade or his outright release so he can go someplace where he has a chance to be the Starter. He's got no chance now. Well okay he has a guaranteed 8 games.

~Ceadder

Yay...waitaminnit, now it will be another notch on the anti-ownersing anthem. "the owners suck cause they didn't go after McNabb" and "the owners showed us that they don't care about anything but the almighty $"

One thing guys, didn't the Iggles trade us someone this past decade? Remember? For T.O.? Man that was a HELL of a deal for us right?

If the Iggles thought that McNabb had much left in the tank, do you HONESTLY think they would have traded him to the Skins??? Even for a 2nd and a 3rd?

My line of thinking is if I'm the guy holding McNabb's contract and you're in my division you're paying more than my initial price.

~Ceadder

I gotta feel bad for Jason Campbell, he gonna get pushed bad. Plus the Skins gave up alot for McNabb. However we would given up mush more.

Yup. Campbell has really gotta be hating Snyder and Shannahan right about now. Wouldn't surprise me if he asked for a trade or his outright release so he can go someplace where he has a chance to be the Starter. He's got no chance now. Well okay he has a guaranteed 8 games.

~Ceadder

Basically but I think Campbell wants out of DC especially how they dissed him last off season. I live in Dc early talk is that Carolina and Buffalo are very interested. would be smart to trade him for whatever they can get at this point.

~Ceadder

Yes, the Eagles traded us some bum with a bad knee for TO - nice work front office !

And yes, the ownership sucks because they didn't go after McNabb. They should have shopped Alex for a 4th or 5th rounder and given it to them along with our second for McNabb. No doubt the Eagles would have done it to keep him out of their division.

Apparently, there wasn't much of a market for him. Either the Raiders weren't interested, or Reid and Co. showed him some compassion by not sending him there.

Now, I know you're upset with us haters, but I just can't understand your blind allegience to this front office and ownership of fools.

[ Edited by 9eridiot on Apr 5, 2010 at 12:27:12 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9eridiot:

~Ceadder

Yes, the Eagles traded us some bum with a bad knee for TO - nice work front office !

And yes, the ownership sucks because they didn't go after McNabb. They should have shopped Alex for a 4th or 5th rounder and given it to them along with our second for McNabb. No doubt the Eagles would have done it to keep him out of their division.

Apparently, there wasn't much of a market for him. Either the Raiders weren't interested, or Reid and Co. showed him some compassion by not sending him there.

Now, I know you're upset with us haters, but I just can't understand your blind allegience to this front office and ownership of fools.

If I remember correctly, We traded TO to the Ravens...TO's agent f--ked up somehow.

~Ceadder

If I remember correctly, We traded TO to the Ravens...TO's agent f--ked up somehow.

I think you're right. Man, that was a messed up situation and a sign of things to come.

~Ceadder

TO was set to become a free agent, but his agent did not file the proper paperwork with the league in time. Agent claimed the league moved up the filing date without providing proper notice. Niners had already accepted that TO was gone through free agency without any compensation. When they retained his rights after the miscue they immediately traded TO to the Ravens. TO said he wouldn't play for the Ravens and filed a grievance with the league. Ultimately, the league intervened and allowed a deal to be worked out sending TO to Philadelphia, with some, lesser, compensation to the Niners than what they would have received from the Ravens had the deal stuck. I don't know what ever happened to that compensation from Philadelphia, whether it was a player or a draft pick.
Whether you like Smith or not (I do), not trading for McNabb for fairly modest demands is a very strong sign that the team is confident in Smith. It's one thing to say it, but action (inaction) speaks louder than words. I'm sure the $11 million salary for a 34 year old had something to do with it as well. Watch Smith go off next year, playing out the final year of his contract. It's been known to happen.
Originally posted by BSofSF:

~Ceadder

TO was set to become a free agent, but his agent did not file the proper paperwork with the league in time. Agent claimed the league moved up the filing date without providing proper notice. Niners had already accepted that TO was gone through free agency without any compensation. When they retained his rights after the miscue they immediately traded TO to the Ravens. TO said he wouldn't play for the Ravens and filed a grievance with the league. Ultimately, the league intervened and allowed a deal to be worked out sending TO to Philadelphia, with some, lesser, compensation to the Niners than what they would have received from the Ravens had the deal stuck. I don't know what ever happened to that compensation from Philadelphia, whether it was a player or a draft pick.

Brandon Whiting
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

~Ceadder

Brandon Whiting

he was the sign of our rock getting ready to hit the bottom

~Ceadder

TO qualified for Free Agency. You have to be a blind hater to blame that on our owners. After his agent screwed up we did put together a trade to get some value but the League intervened.

But don't let inconvenient facts get in the way of your rant.

~Ceadder

We got Brandon Whiting(injured) and a 6th if I remember correctly. Both turned out(as you can see from the parenthesis after his name) to be crap.

I find it insane that people think that management should have thrown their hat in the ring for McNabb. But whatever; Say we did. We would have had to give up more than what Washington did which was a 2nd and next years 3rd. So logic says that we would have had to cough up a 1st outright for him OR we would have had to cough up two 2nds given that we pick behind Washington's pick.

McNabb is not worth that much. Sorry but it's true. So you're hating on management for not even half heartedly making an attempt?

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 7, 2010 at 04:48:01 ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
The haters will ALWAYS hate on Smith.

If we go 9-7 or better they'll say the same stupid things about how he didn't do this and didn't do that and his footwork sucks(throw your F'n hat in the ring then) and he can't read defenses... ...and if he takes us to the playoff then it's all about he SHOULD be taking us there every year and... ...if he takes us to the Super Bowl then its the same... ...if he WON a Super Bowl they would STILL hate on him talkin all their

But I never ONCE hear about how our Line doesn't come through for him or any of our QBs'. I don't EVER hear about how our team never keeps continuity or how the Receivers drop the ball or

You Alex haters just STFU about the man. I swear if you an me were in the same room watching a game someone would be getting their ass kicked. Cause I truly cannot stand loud mouth jerks interrupting my games. And that is how you come across to me. You come off like you think your crap don't stink and you could do no wrong.

How bout we just agree to let it go one way or the other? Let's see what he has by the end of the season. If he fails we're DEFINITELY moving on. If he succeeds he'll be here for a few more years and you haters can reload and try again.

In any case this is the lamest 9er related argument given all the damn issues that this team has.

Sorry bout the rant guys, I'm just fed up with the infighting.

~Ceadder

Once again...truth... truth and truth

~Ceadder

We got Brandon Whiting(injured) and a 6th if I remember correctly. Both turned out(as you can see from the parenthesis after his name) to be crap.

I find it insane that people think that management should have thrown their hat in the ring for McNabb. But whatever; Say we did. We would have had to give up more than what Washington did which was a 2nd and next years 3rd. So logic says that we would have had to cough up a 1st outright for him OR we would have had to cough up two 2nds given that we pick behind Washington's pick.

McNabb is not worth that much. Sorry but it's true. So you're hating on management for not even half heartedly making an attempt?

~Ceadder

Taking McNabb would have been a horrible IDEA. I want to win for along time not give it a year and f**k ourselves in the upcoming seasons.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

How do you figure we'd have to give up more than Washington did?

And "yes", I'm hating on management for not even a half-hearted attempt.

McNabb will take the 'skins to the playoffs this year.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

How do you figure we'd have to give up more than Washington did?

And "yes", I'm hating on management for not even a half-hearted attempt.

McNabb will take the 'skins to the playoffs this year.

Obviously they weren't worried about trading him in the division if they traded him to the Skins dude, they were worried about getting the best offer and they think they can beat whatever team he's on because he's washed up. If they were scared of him they would've traded him to the AFC like Oakland. We would've had to give up 13 or 2nd this year and next year to beat Washington's offer, either would've been f**king dumb for us.
Share 49ersWebzone