LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Alex Smith article on Espn

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if this is posted here yet. But heres something for all you Alex Smith lovers or haters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5041133
Eyes are on him this year, and not just in San Francisco. If he thrives, it could be a great story for years to come.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never knew his arm strength was a problem.
Originally posted by susweel:

its not......

Well, he isn't Brett Favre or Jay Cutler... but then again, he isn't noodle arm either.

It looks plenty strong to me...

Its never been his arm strength. His footwork sucks azz and his instincts for the position stink. Maybe after his 10th year he'll get that plant and throw motion thing together which also kills his accuracy problem. Go get em Alex. We're fvcked.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Apr 2, 2010 at 17:43:47 ]
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Its never been his arm strength. His footwork sucks azz and his instincts for the position stink. Maybe after his 10th year he'll get that plant and throw thing together. Go get em Alex.

i assume u didnt watch alex play last year?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Its never been his arm strength. His footwork sucks azz and his instincts for the position stink. Maybe after his 10th year he'll get that plant and throw thing together. Go get em Alex.

Watched every game and seen the same accuracy issues that are linked to bad footwork and bad plant and throw mechanics. Or was there more mistakes that I missed?

Watched every game and seen the same accuracy issues that are linked to bad footwork and bad plant and throw mechanics. Or was there more mistakes that I missed?

first of all he didnt do that bad and considering hes coming of a 2 year injury where he wasnt able to practice he did pretty good and his throwing and release is much better now his footwork has improved a lot and now its really good but considering our OLine its pretty hard to have good footwork when u have to run for ur life most of the time and his plant is fine

first of all he didnt do that bad and considering hes coming of a 2 year injury where he wasnt able to practice he did pretty good and his throwing and release is much better now his footwork has improved a lot and now its really good but considering our OLine its pretty hard to have good footwork when u have to run for ur life most of the time and his plant is fine

Ok. I respect your view. I dont agree but I respect it. I hope I am wrong, but I am not expecting much improvement because mechanics aside, I still think his instincts and pocket presence even when given time to throw, are below average and all the practice in the world can't always fix that, but I hope I am wrong.
[img=null]
^
Thats wack
Its never been his arm strength. His footwork sucks azz and his instincts for the position stink. Maybe after his 10th year he'll get that plant and throw motion thing together which also kills his accuracy problem. Go get em Alex. We're fvcked.

His accuracy was better last year.He has improved overall each year with last year being his best season.
Share 49ersWebzone