LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Diyrall Briggs, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor, Alex Boone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If this was Jepordy my answer would be:

Who are four players no one will remember in 2 year?

You mean "Jeopardy?"

You might have trouble getting past the early screening.

If it took you this long to figure that one out, you might have a tough time yourself.......

j/k
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
If this was Jepordy my answer would be:

Who are four players no one will remember in 2 year?

You mean "Jeopardy?"

You might have trouble getting past the early screening.

If it took you this long to figure that one out, you might have a tough time yourself.......

j/k

lol. I'll take "Ninertalk" for $200, Alex.
Great read & info. Would be nice if these players contributed to this season.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Great read & info. Would be nice if these players contributed to this season.
i like reggie smith, talented player. he can play either safety posistion at worse i do agree he would be an upgrade over mark roman. curtis taylor- i think something might be there. he loosk the part and i thought he played well in that chargers pre season game and the team kept him around and he ended up dressing on game days before the season was over last year. i think alex boone can be a starting right tackle in the nfl and i have always thought so. d.briggs, now i think he is not going to make the team but he will give it a good fight but i think smith, taylor and boone something is there, briggs i just don't think so.
what about glenn coffee, i read he is up to 220pds and vernon davis says he looks like a total differen't player. i see him contributing more
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Reggie Smith has disappointed me. With his injuries slowing him, I think they slowed his development too. Dont know if he has enough experience to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

I believe Curtis is farther along than Smith.

YEAH, Go Rams my a$$

Reggie Smith played High School ball here in Oklahoma. My uncle was DB coach on the Broken Arrow team that lost to Reggie Smiths team in the play offs. I can't remember what team Reggie played on but they won State I'm pretty sure. My uncle claimed that Reggie was far and away the best player on the field that day. I guess injuries, the fact that some players are early bloomers and other factors have prevented him from becoming a stud in the NFL. Everybody is better in the NFL and some of these guys that dominate in HS and College don't dominate in the NFL. I hope that it happens this season though.
I don't expect much of a contribution from any of them Hopefully Smith b/c right now it's looking like a 3rd round pick thrown in the garbage. Guess we can get a better gauge once TC starts.
If even one of them produces it will be a boost to our season
Should have replaced Taylor with Ricky Jean-Francois but Briggs and Reggie Smith looking good and I see both guys contributing this year.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Wishful thinking, and nothing more in the original post, as I see it. Would love to see some or all of these players excel, but I have to agree with Geek. I don't expect more than 1 or 2 to make the Final 53 roster.

Boone - Unless Solari/Brown see something special that Foerster didn't, then Boone, as essentially a rookie, is not going to win a spot backing-up ANOTHER rookie at RT. That job will fall to a veteran, like Sims and/or Snyder. I applaud Boone's make-over efforts to stick in the NFL. But it's all about foot quickness, and I don't know that weight changes directly affect motor skills all that much. Barring injury to another player at his position, Boone will be a late TC cut. Maybe they try to stash him on the PS again. Maybe Boone's new physique attracts a new suitor and he is claimed by another team (more likely).

Briggs - very vulnerable to a losing his job to a Round 4 or higher draft pick. Otherwise, if no significant players added at his position in this draft, then he has a chance to stick as a core ST performer. Gotta root for this kid. Undrafted, small school, etc.

Smith - With McCloughan gone, who would be embarassed if he gets cut? No one. Smith has had numerous opportunities to contribute (CB, S, PR), and taken advantage of none of them. Always seems to be nicked-up just enough to miss time. His only plus seems to be that he can play BOTH FS and SS, and he is younger (and cheaper) than Roman in that role. This guy is 90% of the way to being a bust. The jury will be in before the end of TC.

Taylor - Maybe a better SS candidate than Smith. Certainly seems to be more durable than Smith, if less versatile. Has made some noise on ST coverage units. Seems to be trending up, whereas Smith is either treading water or sinking.

Reggie Smith is almost a lock to make the team and I think there is a good chance Curtis Taylor makes it of course depending on what we do in the draft. Boone and Briggs are 50-50.

I should add Ricky Jean-Francois to the list. I think he has the talent to make an impact in year two and should provide some depth on the D-Line. I hope he beats out Demetric Evans and we add another good, young, big body D-Lineman in the draft.

Well Ricky Jean has developed quicker then I ever thought and man he looked good starting at NT yesterday. I think he will be a player. I was wrong with him replacing Evans, he will replace Balmer in the rotation and looks like he could be starting next year. Evans is at least solid, Balmer just sucks.
All four made the team
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
All four made the team

Very nice!
I really miss Britt Miller
Share 49ersWebzone