LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

1983 NFC Championship vs WASH on NOW!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was 4 at the time and have never seen this game before. Very interesting to see what could have been.

Didn't the Skins beat the Raiders in the Superbowl? That would ahve been fun to have the Niners there. Or was it the other way around?
Im watching too. We lost right? I was 2 I think.
This was one of the biggest bulls**t games I have ever seen. This is like getting excited over the 1990 NFC Championship game against the giants. Fixed!!! Fixed!!!!
We definitely lost (as we all know 5-0 in Superbowls) but I can't remember if the Skins win the SB or not, I guess I can go to the google-thingy and figure it out for myself!
OK 27-17 over the Dolphhins, I was way off
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I've seen that game it was VERY poorly officiated. BS pass interference calls.

SHOULDA WON....and then KICKED THE LA FAIDERS ASSES in Super Bowl XVIII!!!!
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This was one of the biggest bulls**t games I have ever seen. This is like getting excited over the 1990 NFC Championship game against the giants. Fixed!!! Fixed!!!!

Worst officiating in NFL playoff history.
Watched it when I was 15 yrs. old and it was agony--we got robbed! The 1990 game against NY was worse, though--we should have been the ONLY 3-peat SB Champs ever.....
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I was 4 at the time and have never seen this game before. Very interesting to see what could have been.

Didn't the Skins beat the Raiders in the Superbowl? That would ahve been fun to have the Niners there. Or was it the other way around?

Raiders beat the Skins 38-9 off of Marcus Allen's huge game

Man, We've had some Heartbreaks in the NFC Championship game. 5-0 in the Super Bowl is amazing, but anyone know what our NFC Championship game record is?
Originally posted by susweel:
I've seen that game it was VERY poorly officiated. BS pass interference calls.

Agreed. I remember screaming at the TV as an 8-year old. Mark Moseley's straight ahead kicking style also annoyed the heck out of me.
I'm actually OK with losing this game.

The Niners struggled all year to get their act together and never really clicked at all until the second half of this game. They BARELY beat the Lions at home the week before to make it to D.C.

If we pulled out this game I'm sorry to say we'd likely be 5-1 in Superbowls with our only loss coming to the Raiders . . . I COULD NOT DEAL WITH THAT! The Raiders were rolling late in the year.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm actually OK with losing this game.

The Niners struggled all year to get their act together and never really clicked at all until the second half of this game. They BARELY beat the Lions at home the week before to make it to D.C.

If we pulled out this game I'm sorry to say we'd likely be 5-1 in Superbowls with our only loss coming to the Raiders . . . I COULD NOT DEAL WITH THAT! The Raiders were rolling late in the year.

That's a good point! I do remember the game and it was BS but we probably would have lost to the Raiders in the SB and that would have been miserable! I think the only other year we would have/should have won the SB was in '87 when we lost to the Vikes in the first round of a strike shortened season. The threepeat was a toss up in the SB to me.
This game made me sick to my stomach.. We come back from down 21-0 only to have the refs take the game away on a few horrendous calls.. PI calls on Eric Wright and Ronnie Lott, were a joke.

There should have been an investigation.

BTW..Pete Kugler destroyed Jeff Bostic all day.. The best game Pete ever played as a 49er.

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Mar 31, 2010 at 17:03:10 ]
Share 49ersWebzone